Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MDH1
Description: malate dehydrogenase MDH1
Alias: malate dehydrogenase MDH1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Dubaquie Y, Looser R, Funfschilling U, Jeno P, Rospert S. Identification of in vivo substrates of the yeast mitochondrial chaperonins reveals overlapping but non-identical requirement for hsp60 and hsp10. EMBO J. 1998;17:5868-76 pubmed..We suggest that homologous substrate proteins have differential chaperonin requirements, indicating that hsp60 and hsp10 do not always act as a single functional unit in vivo. ..
- Skowronek E, Grzechnik P, Späth B, Marchfelder A, Kufel J. tRNA 3' processing in yeast involves tRNase Z, Rex1, and Rrp6. RNA. 2014;20:115-30 pubmed publisher..In addition to its function in the nucleus, Trz1 processes the 3' ends of mitochondrial tRNAs, contributing to the general RNA metabolism in this organelle. ..
- Przybyla Zawislak B, Gadde D, Ducharme K, McCammon M. Genetic and biochemical interactions involving tricarboxylic acid cycle (TCA) function using a collection of mutants defective in all TCA cycle genes. Genetics. 1999;152:153-66 pubmed..These results provide genetic evidence that NAD-IDH plays a unique role in TCA cycle function. ..
- Brandina I, Graham J, Lemaitre Guillier C, Entelis N, Krasheninnikov I, Sweetlove L, et al. Enolase takes part in a macromolecular complex associated to mitochondria in yeast. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1757:1217-28 pubmed..This suggests an unsuspected novel function for this complex in tRNA mitochondrial import. ..
- Grandier Vazeille X, Bathany K, Chaignepain S, Camougrand N, Manon S, Schmitter J. Yeast mitochondrial dehydrogenases are associated in a supramolecular complex. Biochemistry. 2001;40:9758-69 pubmed..The association of these proteins is discussed in terms of NADH-channeling. ..
- Minard K, McAlister Henn L. Isolation, nucleotide sequence analysis, and disruption of the MDH2 gene from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: evidence for three isozymes of yeast malate dehydrogenase. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:370-80 pubmed..Disruption of the MDH2 gene in a haploid strain also containing a disruption in the chromosomal MDH1 gene encoding the mitochondrial isozyme produced a strain unable to grow with acetate but capable of growth on rich ..