Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MCM5
Description: MCM DNA helicase complex subunit MCM5
Alias: BOB1, CDC46, MCM DNA helicase complex subunit MCM5
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Rehman M, Fourel G, Mathews A, Ramdin D, Espinosa M, Gilson E, et al. Differential requirement of DNA replication factors for subtelomeric ARS consensus sequence protosilencers in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2006;174:1801-10 pubmed..Here we analyze the effect of mutations in DNA replication factors (mcm5-461, mcm5-1, orc2-1, orc5-1, cdc45-1, cdc6-1, and cdc7-1) on the silencing of a group of reporter constructs, which ..
- Evrin C, Clarke P, Zech J, Lurz R, Sun J, Uhle S, et al. A double-hexameric MCM2-7 complex is loaded onto origin DNA during licensing of eukaryotic DNA replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:20240-5 pubmed publisher..Our results provide key insights into mechanisms of pre-RC formation and have important implications for understanding the role of the MCM2-7 in establishment of bidirectional replication forks. ..
- Bochman M, Schwacha A. The Mcm2-7 complex has in vitro helicase activity. Mol Cell. 2008;31:287-93 pubmed publisher..Our results show that purified Mcm2-7 acts as a helicase, provides functional evidence of a Mcm2/5 gate, and lays the foundation for future mechanistic studies of this critical factor. ..
- Aparicio O, Weinstein D, Bell S. Components and dynamics of DNA replication complexes in S. cerevisiae: redistribution of MCM proteins and Cdc45p during S phase. Cell. 1997;91:59-69 pubmed..Our results identify protein components of the pre-RC and a novel replication complex appearing at the G1/S transition (the RC), and suggest that after initiation MCM proteins and Cdc45p move with eukaryotic replication forks. ..
- Bruck I, Kaplan D. Dbf4-Cdc7 phosphorylation of Mcm2 is required for cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:28823-31 pubmed publisher..mcm2-S170A is lethal to yeast cells that lack endogenous MCM2 (mcm2Delta); however, this lethality is rescued in cells harboring the DDK bypass mutant mcm5-bob1. We conclude that DDK phosphorylation of Mcm2 is required for cell growth.
- Weinreich M, Stillman B. Cdc7p-Dbf4p kinase binds to chromatin during S phase and is regulated by both the APC and the RAD53 checkpoint pathway. EMBO J. 1999;18:5334-46 pubmed..Cdc7p-Dbf4p efficiently phosphorylates several proteins that are required for the initiation of DNA replication, including five of the six Mcm proteins and the p180 subunit of DNA polymerase alpha-primase. ..
- Liku M, Nguyen V, Rosales A, Irie K, Li J. CDK phosphorylation of a novel NLS-NES module distributed between two subunits of the Mcm2-7 complex prevents chromosomal rereplication. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5026-39 pubmed
- Rehman M, Wang D, Fourel G, Gilson E, Yankulov K. Subtelomeric ACS-containing proto-silencers act as antisilencers in replication factors mutants in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:631-41 pubmed publisher..Mcm5p persists at this location at the late stages of S phase. We propose that telomeric ACS are not static proto-silencers but conduct finely tuned silencing and antisilencing activities mediated by ACS-bound factors. ..
- Davey M, Indiani C, O Donnell M. Reconstitution of the Mcm2-7p heterohexamer, subunit arrangement, and ATP site architecture. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:4491-9 pubmed..The data predict which subunits in the ATPase pairs bind the ATP that is hydrolyzed and indicate the arrangement of subunits in the Mcm2-7p heterohexamer. ..
- Remus D, Beuron F, Tolun G, Griffith J, Morris E, Diffley J. Concerted loading of Mcm2-7 double hexamers around DNA during DNA replication origin licensing. Cell. 2009;139:719-30 pubmed publisher..Our work has significant implications for understanding how eukaryotic DNA replication origins are chosen and licensed, how replisomes assemble during initiation, and how unwinding occurs during DNA replication. ..
- Gauthier L, Dziak R, Kramer D, Leishman D, Song X, Ho J, et al. The role of the carboxyterminal domain of RNA polymerase II in regulating origins of DNA replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2002;162:1117-29 pubmed..In the present study we show that a truncation of the pol II CTD in a S. cerevisiae strain harboring a mutation in mcm5 partially reverses its ts phenotype and improves maintenance of CEN/ARS minichromosomes...
- Bochman M, Schwacha A. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mcm6/2 and Mcm5/3 ATPase active sites contribute to the function of the putative Mcm2-7 'gate'. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:6078-88 pubmed publisher..these motifs not only confirms that Mcm ATPase active sites contribute unequally to activity but implicates the involvement of at least two additional active sites (Mcm5/3 and 6/2) in modulating the activity of the putative Mcm2/5 gate.
- Stead B, Brandl C, Davey M. Phosphorylation of Mcm2 modulates Mcm2-7 activity and affects the cell's response to DNA damage. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:6998-7008 pubmed publisher..We propose that phosphorylation of Mcm2 fine-tunes the activity of Mcm2-7, which in turn modulates DNA replication in response to DNA damage. ..
- Fernández Cid A, Riera A, Tognetti S, Herrera M, Samel S, Evrin C, et al. An ORC/Cdc6/MCM2-7 complex is formed in a multistep reaction to serve as a platform for MCM double-hexamer assembly. Mol Cell. 2013;50:577-88 pubmed publisher..Importantly, CDK-dependent phosphorylation of ORC inhibits OCM establishment to ensure once per cell cycle replication. In summary, this work reveals multiple critical mechanisms that redefine our understanding of DNA licensing. ..
- Bastia D, Srivastava P, Zaman S, Choudhury M, Mohanty B, Bacal J, et al. Phosphorylation of CMG helicase and Tof1 is required for programmed fork arrest. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E3639-48 pubmed publisher..Retention of Tof1 in the chromatin fraction and PFA in vivo was promoted by the suppressor mcm5-bob1, which bypassed DDK requirement, indicating that under this condition a kinase other than DDK catalyzed the ..
- Najor N, Weatherford L, Brush G. Prevention of DNA Rereplication Through a Meiotic Recombination Checkpoint Response. G3 (Bethesda). 2016;6:3869-3881 pubmed publisher..While this response is similar to a checkpoint mechanism that inhibits initiation of DNA replication in the mitotic cell cycle, the evidence points to a new variation on DNA replication control. ..
- Froelich C, Kang S, Epling L, Bell S, Enemark E. A conserved MCM single-stranded DNA binding element is essential for replication initiation. elife. 2014;3:e01993 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify an important MCM-ssDNA interaction and suggest it functions during helicase activation to select the strand for translocation. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01993.001...
- Bruck I, Kanter D, Kaplan D. Enabling association of the GINS protein tetramer with the mini chromosome maintenance (Mcm)2-7 protein complex by phosphorylated Sld2 protein and single-stranded origin DNA. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36414-26 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, origin ssDNA may stimulate the formation of the CMG complex by alleviating inhibitory interactions between Sld2 with Mcm2-7. ..
- Hopwood B, Dalton S. Cdc45p assembles into a complex with Cdc46p/Mcm5p, is required for minichromosome maintenance, and is essential for chromosomal DNA replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:12309-14 pubmed..interacts with at least two members of the MCM (minichromosome maintenance) family of replication genes, CDC46 and CDC47, which are proposed to perform a role in restricting initiation of DNA replication to once per cell ..
- Ma L, Zhai Y, Feng D, Chan T, Lu Y, Fu X, et al. Identification of novel factors involved in or regulating initiation of DNA replication by a genome-wide phenotypic screen in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4399-410 pubmed..These data suggest that Ctf1p and Ctf18p together play important roles in regulating the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Langston L, Mayle R, Schauer G, Yurieva O, Zhang D, Yao N, et al. Mcm10 promotes rapid isomerization of CMG-DNA for replisome bypass of lagging strand DNA blocks. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that bypass occurs without displacement of the blocks and therefore Mcm10 must isomerize the CMG-DNA complex to achieve the bypass function. ..
- Langston L, Zhang D, Yurieva O, Georgescu R, Finkelstein J, Yao N, et al. CMG helicase and DNA polymerase Îµ form a functional 15-subunit holoenzyme for eukaryotic leading-strand DNA replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:15390-5 pubmed publisher..Direct binding between Pol Îµ and CMG provides an explanation for specific targeting of Pol Îµ to the leading strand and provides clear mechanistic evidence for how strand asymmetry is maintained in eukaryotes. ..
- Hennessy K, Clark C, Botstein D. Subcellular localization of yeast CDC46 varies with the cell cycle. Genes Dev. 1990;4:2252-63 pubmedThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae CDC46 protein accumulates in the nucleus of nondividing interphase cells. Soon after the cell has become committed to division, there is a rapid disappearance of CDC46 protein from the nucleus...
- Ramer M, Suman E, Richter H, Stanger K, Spranger M, Bieberstein N, et al. Dbf4 and Cdc7 proteins promote DNA replication through interactions with distinct Mcm2-7 protein subunits. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:14926-35 pubmed publisher..were observed, as Dbf4 interacted most strongly with Mcm2, whereas Cdc7 displayed association with both Mcm4 and Mcm5. We identified an N-terminal Mcm2 region required for interaction with Dbf4...
- Yuan Z, Riera A, Bai L, Sun J, Nandi S, Spanos C, et al. Structural basis of Mcm2-7 replicative helicase loading by ORC-Cdc6 and Cdt1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2017;24:316-324 pubmed publisher..The Mcm2-7 C-tier AAA+ ring is topologically closed by an Mcm5 loop that embraces Mcm2, but the N-tier-ring Mcm2-Mcm5 interface remains open...
- Kroll E, Hyland K, Hieter P, Li J. Establishing genetic interactions by a synthetic dosage lethality phenotype. Genetics. 1996;143:95-102 pubmed..ORC6 overexpression caused synthetic dosage lethality in combination with cdc2-1, cdc6-1, cdc14-1, cdc16-1 and cdc46-1...
- Hanna J, Kroll E, Lundblad V, Spencer F. Saccharomyces cerevisiae CTF18 and CTF4 are required for sister chromatid cohesion. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3144-58 pubmed..The requirement for CTF4 and CTF18 in robust cohesion identifies novel roles for replication accessory proteins in this process. ..
- Leon R, Tecklenburg M, Sclafani R. Functional conservation of beta-hairpin DNA binding domains in the Mcm protein of Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum and the Mcm5 protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2008;179:1757-68 pubmed publisher..A yeast mcm5 mutant with beta-hairpin mutations displays defects in the G1/S transition of the cell cycle, the initiation phase ..
- Steere N, Yamaguchi S, Andrews C, Liachko I, Nakamura T, Shima N. Functional screen of human MCM2-7 variant alleles for disease-causing potential. Mutat Res. 2009;666:74-8 pubmed publisher..This screen identified a MCM5 variant allele with pathogenic potential...
- Fletcher R, Chen X. Biochemical activities of the BOB1 mutant in Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum MCM. Biochemistry. 2006;45:462-7 pubmed..The mtMCM structure was successfully used to analyze a Saccharomyces cerevisiae MCM5 mutant, called BOB1, which contains a single residue change from Pro to Leu and bypasses a kinase normally required ..
- Maculins T, Nkosi P, Nishikawa H, Labib K. Tethering of SCF(Dia2) to the Replisome Promotes Efficient Ubiquitylation and Disassembly of the CMG Helicase. Curr Biol. 2015;25:2254-9 pubmed publisher..Residual ubiquitylation of Mcm7 in dia2-Î”TPR cells is still CMG specific, highlighting the complex regulation of the final stages of chromosome replication, about which much still remains to be learned. ..
- Sengupta S, van Deursen F, De Piccoli G, Labib K. Dpb2 integrates the leading-strand DNA polymerase into the eukaryotic replisome. Curr Biol. 2013;23:543-52 pubmed publisher..Second, it plays an equally important role after initiation, because it links the leading strand DNA polymerase to the Cdc45-MCM-GINS helicase within the replisome. ..
- Dhingra N, Bruck I, Smith S, Ning B, Kaplan D. Dpb11 protein helps control assembly of the Cdc45Â·Mcm2-7Â·GINS replication fork helicase. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:7586-601 pubmed publisher..Finally, we propose that Dpb11 functions with Sld2 and Sld3 to help control the assembly of the replication fork helicase. ..
- Maric M, Maculins T, De Piccoli G, Labib K. Cdc48 and a ubiquitin ligase drive disassembly of the CMG helicase at the end of DNA replication. Science. 2014;346:1253596 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the end of chromosome replication in eukaryotes is controlled in a similarly complex fashion to the much-better-characterized initiation step. ..
- Tsai F, Vijayraghavan S, Prinz J, MacAlpine H, MacAlpine D, Schwacha A. Mcm2-7 Is an Active Player in the DNA Replication Checkpoint Signaling Cascade via Proposed Modulation of Its DNA Gate. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2131-43 pubmed publisher..We infer that this conformational change is required for its DRC role and propose that it allosterically facilitates Rad53 activation to ensure a replication-specific checkpoint response. ..
- Villa F, Simon A, Ortiz Bazan M, Kilkenny M, Wirthensohn D, Wightman M, et al. Ctf4 Is a Hub in the Eukaryotic Replisome that Links Multiple CIP-Box Proteins to the CMG Helicase. Mol Cell. 2016;63:385-96 pubmed publisher..Most strikingly, Ctf4-dependent recruitment of CIP-box proteins couples other processes to DNA synthesis, including rDNA copy-number regulation. ..
- Wang B, Feng L, Hu Y, Huang S, Reynolds C, Wu L, et al. The essential role of Saccharomyces cerevisiae CDC6 nucleotide-binding site in cell growth, DNA synthesis, and Orc1 association. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:8291-8 pubmed..To do this, yeast chromatin fractions from synchronized culture were prepared to detect the Mcm5 loading onto the chromatin in the presence of the wild-type Cdc6 or mutant cdc6(K114E) proteins...
- Jackson A, Pahl P, Harrison K, Rosamond J, Sclafani R. Cell cycle regulation of the yeast Cdc7 protein kinase by association with the Dbf4 protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:2899-908 pubmed..A suppressor mutation, bob1-1, which can bypass deletion mutations in both cdc7 and dbf4 was isolated...
- Loo S, Fox C, Rine J, Kobayashi R, Stillman B, Bell S. The origin recognition complex in silencing, cell cycle progression, and DNA replication. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:741-56 pubmed..The silencing defect caused by orc5-1 strengthened previous connections between ORC and silencing, and combined with the phenotypes caused by orc2 mutations, suggested that the complex itself functions in both processes. ..
- Sclafani R, Tecklenburg M, Pierce A. The mcm5-bob1 bypass of Cdc7p/Dbf4p in DNA replication depends on both Cdk1-independent and Cdk1-dependent steps in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2002;161:47-57 pubmed..This was accomplished through a genetic and molecular analysis of the mechanism by which the mcm5-bob1 mutation bypasses the function of the Cdc7p/Dbf4p kinase...
- Bruck I, Kaplan D. Conserved mechanism for coordinating replication fork helicase assembly with phosphorylation of the helicase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:11223-8 pubmed publisher..DDK phosphorylation of human Mcm2 decreases the affinity of Mcm5 for Mcm2, suggesting a potential mechanism for helicase ring opening...
- Evrin C, Fernández Cid A, Riera A, Zech J, Clarke P, Herrera M, et al. The ORC/Cdc6/MCM2-7 complex facilitates MCM2-7 dimerization during prereplicative complex formation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:2257-69 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies the OCM complex as competent for MCM2-7 dimerization, reveals MCM2-7 dimerization as a limiting step during pre-RC formation and defines critical mechanisms that explain how origins are licensed. ..
- Nedelcheva M, Roguev A, Dolapchiev L, Shevchenko A, Taskov H, Shevchenko A, et al. Uncoupling of unwinding from DNA synthesis implies regulation of MCM helicase by Tof1/Mrc1/Csm3 checkpoint complex. J Mol Biol. 2005;347:509-21 pubmed..In concordance with this suggestion, we found that the Tof1/Csm3/Mrc1 checkpoint complex interacts directly with the MCM helicase during both replication fork progression and when the replication fork is stalled. ..
- Homesley L, Lei M, Kawasaki Y, Sawyer S, Christensen T, Tye B. Mcm10 and the MCM2-7 complex interact to initiate DNA synthesis and to release replication factors from origins. Genes Dev. 2000;14:913-26 pubmed..These results suggest that Mcm10, like Mcm7, is a critical component of the prereplication chromatin and that interaction between Mcm10 and Mcm7 is required for proper replication initiation and prompt release of origin-bound factors. ..
- Bruck I, Kaplan D. GINS and Sld3 compete with one another for Mcm2-7 and Cdc45 binding. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14157-67 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with a model wherein GINS trades places with Sld3 at a replication origin, contributing to the activation of the replication fork helicase. ..
- Wilmes G, Bell S. The B2 element of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae ARS1 origin of replication requires specific sequences to facilitate pre-RC formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:101-6 pubmed..The function of these mutant sequences is rescued by Cdc6p overexpression. We propose that the B2 element requires specific sequences to bind a component of the pre-RC. ..
- Lydeard J, Lipkin Moore Z, Sheu Y, Stillman B, Burgers P, Haber J. Break-induced replication requires all essential DNA replication factors except those specific for pre-RC assembly. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1133-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that origin-independent BIR involves cross-talk between normal DNA replication factors and PRR. ..
- Tanaka T, Nasmyth K. Association of RPA with chromosomal replication origins requires an Mcm protein, and is regulated by Rad53, and cyclin- and Dbf4-dependent kinases. EMBO J. 1998;17:5182-91 pubmed..Thus, in the presence of active S-CDKs and Dbf4/Cdc7, Mcms may open origins and thereby facilitate the loading of RPA. ..
- Lam S, Ma X, Sing T, Shilton B, Brandl C, Davey M. The PS1 hairpin of Mcm3 is essential for viability and for DNA unwinding in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82177 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that the PS1 hairpins in the Mcm2-7 subunits have important and distinct functions, most evident by the essential nature of the Mcm3 PS1 hairpin in DNA unwinding. ..
- Zou L, Stillman B. Formation of a preinitiation complex by S-phase cyclin CDK-dependent loading of Cdc45p onto chromatin. Science. 1998;280:593-6 pubmed
- Lei M, Cheng I, Roberts L, McAlear M, Tye B. Two mcm3 mutations affect different steps in the initiation of DNA replication. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30824-31 pubmed..Mcm3-10 contains a P118L substitution that compromises its interaction with Mcm5 and the recruitment of Mcm3 and Mcm7 to a replication origin. P118 is conserved between Mcm3, Mcm4, Mcm5, and Mcm7...
- Coster G, Frigola J, Beuron F, Morris E, Diffley J. Origin licensing requires ATP binding and hydrolysis by the MCM replicative helicase. Mol Cell. 2014;55:666-77 pubmed publisher..This work alters our view of how ATP is used by licensing factors to assemble pre-RCs. ..
- Devault A, Gueydon E, Schwob E. Interplay between S-cyclin-dependent kinase and Dbf4-dependent kinase in controlling DNA replication through phosphorylation of yeast Mcm4 N-terminal domain. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2267-77 pubmed publisher..loss of function mcm4-5A mutation confers cold and hydroxyurea sensitivity to DDK gain of function conditions (mcm5/bob1 mutation or DDK overexpression), implying that phosphorylation of Mcm4 by CDK somehow counteracts negative effects ..
- Dalton S, Hopwood B. Characterization of Cdc47p-minichromosome maintenance complexes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: identification of Cdc45p as a subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:5867-75 pubmed..We characterize two mutations in CDC47 and CDC46 which arrest cells with unduplicated DNA as a result of single base substitutions...
- van Deursen F, Sengupta S, De Piccoli G, Sanchez Diaz A, Labib K. Mcm10 associates with the loaded DNA helicase at replication origins and defines a novel step in its activation. EMBO J. 2012;31:2195-206 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Mcm10 is required for a novel step during activation of the Cdc45-MCM-GINS helicase at DNA replication origins. ..
- Huo L, Wu R, Yu Z, Zhai Y, Yang X, Chan T, et al. The Rix1 (Ipi1p-2p-3p) complex is a critical determinant of DNA replication licensing independent of their roles in ribosome biogenesis. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1325-39 pubmed publisher..These results establish a new framework for the hierarchy of pre-RC proteins, where the Ipi1p-2p-3p complex provides a critical link between ORC-Noc3p and Cdc6p-Cdt1p-MCM in replication licensing. ..
- Bruck I, Kaplan D. Origin single-stranded DNA releases Sld3 protein from the Mcm2-7 complex, allowing the GINS tetramer to bind the Mcm2-7 complex. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18602-13 pubmed publisher..We also show that origin single-stranded DNA promotes the formation of the CMG complex. We conclude that origin single-stranded DNA releases Sld3 from Mcm2-7, allowing GINS to bind Mcm2-7. ..
- Holzen T, Sclafani R. Genetic interaction of RAD53 protein kinase with histones is important for DNA replication. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4735-47 pubmed..We propose a model in which Rad53 acts as a "nucleosome buffer," interacting with origins of replication to prevent the binding of excess histones to origin DNA and to maintain proper chromatin configuration. ..
- Wysocka M, Rytka J, Kurlandzka A. Saccharomyces cerevisiae CSM1 gene encoding a protein influencing chromosome segregation in meiosis I interacts with elements of the DNA replication complex. Exp Cell Res. 2004;294:592-602 pubmed..The Csm1p-Mcm3, Mcm5 and Mcm7p interactions were confirmed by co-immunoprecipitation...
- Ramey C, Sclafani R. Functional conservation of the pre-sensor one beta-finger hairpin (PS1-hp) structures in mini-chromosome maintenance proteins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and archaea. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;4:1319-26 pubmed publisher..The PS1-hp beta-finger mutant of Mcm5p (mcm5-HAT K506A::URA3) has a growth defect at both 18° and 37°...
- Fujita M, Hori Y, Shirahige K, Tsurimoto T, Yoshikawa H, Obuse C. Cell cycle dependent topological changes of chromosomal replication origins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 1998;3:737-49 pubmed..Functional CDC6 and MCM5 were required for maintaining the weaker inhibition state in G1-arrested cells...
- Quan Y, Xia Y, Liu L, Cui J, Li Z, Cao Q, et al. Cell-Cycle-Regulated Interaction between Mcm10 and Double Hexameric Mcm2-7 Is Required for Helicase Splitting and Activation during S Phase. Cell Rep. 2015;13:2576-2586 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose an essential role for Mcm10 in Mcm2-7 remodeling through formation of a cell-cycle-regulated supercomplex with DHs. ..
- Pérez Arnaiz P, Bruck I, Colbert M, Kaplan D. An intact Mcm10 coiled-coil interaction surface is important for origin melting, helicase assembly and the recruitment of Pol-? to Mcm2-7. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7261-7275 pubmed publisher..We then expressed the mcm10-4A in mcm5-bob1 mutant cells to bypass the defects mediated by diminished stimulation of DDK phosphorylation of Mcm2...