Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LST8
Description: TOR complex subunit LST8
Alias: TOR complex subunit LST8
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Sekiguchi T, Hayashi N, Wang Y, Kobayashi H. Genetic evidence that Ras-like GTPases, Gtr1p, and Gtr2p, are involved in epigenetic control of gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;368:748-54 pubmed publisher..We propose that Gtr1p and Gtr2p are involved in epigenetic control of gene expression in the TOR signaling pathway. ..
- Baretić D, Berndt A, Ohashi Y, Johnson C, Williams R. Tor forms a dimer through an N-terminal helical solenoid with a complex topology. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11016 pubmed publisher..Tor is present in two complexes, TORC1 and TORC2, in which the Tor-Lst8 heterodimer forms a common sub-complex...
- Gaubitz C, Oliveira T, Prouteau M, Leitner A, Karuppasamy M, Konstantinidou G, et al. Molecular Basis of the Rapamycin Insensitivity of Target Of Rapamycin Complex 2. Mol Cell. 2015;58:977-88 pubmed publisher..Removal of this sequence generated a FKBP12-rapamycin-sensitive TORC2 variant, which provides a powerful tool for deciphering TORC2 function in vivo. Using this variant, we demonstrate a role for TORC2 in G2/M cell-cycle progression. ..
- Yan Y, Kang B. Regulation of Vid-dependent degradation of FBPase by TCO89, a component of TOR Complex 1. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:361-70 pubmed..The P1S mutation of FBPase, reported to block its degradation, was observed to impair the association of FBPase with TORCI components. These results implicated an important regulatory role of TCO89 and TORCI in this pathway. ..
- Devasahayam G, Ritz D, Helliwell S, Burke D, Sturgill T. Pmr1, a Golgi Ca2+/Mn2+-ATPase, is a regulator of the target of rapamycin (TOR) signaling pathway in yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:17840-5 pubmed..Epistasis analyses show that Pmr1 functions upstream from Npr1 and Gln-3 in opposition to Lst8, a regulator of TOR...
- Wullschleger S, Loewith R, Oppliger W, Hall M. Molecular organization of target of rapamycin complex 2. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30697-704 pubmed..through a rapamycin-insensitive signaling branch and in yeast consists of the six proteins AVO1, AVO2, AVO3, BIT61, LST8, and TOR2. Here we have focused on the characterization of TORC2...
- Wedaman K, Reinke A, Anderson S, Yates J, McCaffery J, Powers T. Tor kinases are in distinct membrane-associated protein complexes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1204-20 pubmed..Cell fractionation, coimmunoprecipitation, and immunogold electron microscopy experiments confirmed that Lst8 associates with both Tor2p as well as Tor1p at these membranous sites...
- Roberg K, Crotwell M, Espenshade P, Gimeno R, Kaiser C. LST1 is a SEC24 homologue used for selective export of the plasma membrane ATPase from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:659-72 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that a specialized form of the COPII coat subunit, with Lst1p in place of Sec24p, is used for the efficient packaging of Pma1p into vesicles derived from the ER. ..
- Liao H, Chen M. Target of rapamycin complex 2 signals to downstream effector yeast protein kinase 2 (Ypk2) through adheres-voraciously-to-target-of-rapamycin-2 protein 1 (Avo1) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6089-99 pubmed publisher..Together, our data support the conclusion that the direct Avo1-Ypk2 interaction is crucial for TORC2 signaling to the downstream Ypk2 pathway. ..
- Kabir M, Kaminska J, Segel G, Bethlendy G, Lin P, Della Seta F, et al. Physiological effects of unassembled chaperonin Cct subunits in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2005;22:219-39 pubmed..a wide range of abnormal phenotypes, including those caused by the diverse types of conditional mutations tor2-21, lst8-2 and rsp5-9 and those caused by the concomitant overexpression of Sit4p and Sap155p...
- Chen E, Kaiser C. LST8 negatively regulates amino acid biosynthesis as a component of the TOR pathway. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:333-47 pubmedb>LST8, a Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene encoding a 34-kD WD-repeat protein, was identified by mutations that caused defects in sorting Gap1p to the plasma membrane...
- Brown C, Hung G, Dunton D, Chiang H. The TOR complex 1 is distributed in endosomes and in retrograde vesicles that form from the vacuole membrane and plays an important role in the vacuole import and degradation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23359-70 pubmed publisher..We suggest that TORC1 interacts with multiple cargo proteins destined for the Vid pathway and plays an important role in the degradation of FBPase in the vacuole. ..
- Ho H, Lee H, Liao H, Chen M. Involvement of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Avo3p/Tsc11p in maintaining TOR complex 2 integrity and coupling to downstream signaling. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1328-43 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that Avo2p/Slm1p-mediated signaling, but not Avo1p-mediated signaling, links to Rho1p activation specifically through the Rho1p-guanine nucleotide exchange factor Tus1p. ..