Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LSM6
Description: U4/U6-U5 snRNP complex subunit LSM6
Alias: U4/U6-U5 snRNP complex subunit LSM6
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Luo X, Talarek N, De Virgilio C. Initiation of the yeast G0 program requires Igo1 and Igo2, which antagonize activation of decapping of specific nutrient-regulated mRNAs. RNA Biol. 2011;8:14-7 pubmed..Accordingly, Igo1/2 likely play a key role in preventing the decapping and subsequent 5'-3' degradation of a set of nutrient-regulated mRNAs that are critical for cell differentiation and chronological life span. ..
- Häcker I, Sander B, Golas M, Wolf E, Karagöz E, Kastner B, et al. Localization of Prp8, Brr2, Snu114 and U4/U6 proteins in the yeast tri-snRNP by electron microscopy. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:1206-12 pubmed publisher..The head and arm adopt variable relative positions. This molecular organization and dynamics suggest possible scenarios for structural events during catalytic activation. ..
- Fernandez C, Pannone B, Chen X, Fuchs G, Wolin S. An Lsm2-Lsm7 complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae associates with the small nucleolar RNA snR5. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2842-52 pubmed
- Reijns M, Alexander R, Spiller M, Beggs J. A role for Q/N-rich aggregation-prone regions in P-body localization. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2463-72 pubmed publisher..This is supported by reduced P-body accumulation of Ccr4p, Pop2p and Dhh1p after deletion of these domains, and by the observed aggregation of the Q/N-rich region from Ccr4p. ..
- Chowdhury A, Tharun S. lsm1 mutations impairing the ability of the Lsm1p-7p-Pat1p complex to preferentially bind to oligoadenylated RNA affect mRNA decay in vivo. RNA. 2008;14:2149-58 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the importance of Lsm1p-7p-Pat1p complex-mRNA interaction for mRNA decay in vivo and imply that the oligo(A) tail mediated enhancement of such interaction is crucial in that process. ..
- Tharun S. Purification and analysis of the decapping activator Lsm1p-7p-Pat1p complex from yeast. Methods Enzymol. 2008;448:41-55 pubmed publisher..2007). These observations, therefore, highlighted the importance of the intrinsic RNA binding properties of this complex as key determinants of its in vivo functions. ..
- Sobti M, Cubeddu L, Haynes P, Mabbutt B. Engineered rings of mixed yeast Lsm proteins show differential interactions with translation factors and U-rich RNA. Biochemistry. 2010;49:2335-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest Lsm1 and/or Lsm4 can interact with translationally active mRNA. ..
- Sharif H, Conti E. Architecture of the Lsm1-7-Pat1 complex: a conserved assembly in eukaryotic mRNA turnover. Cell Rep. 2013;5:283-91 pubmed publisher..These results show how the auxiliary domains and the canonical Sm folds of the Lsm1-7 complex are organized in order to mediate and modulate macromolecular interactions. ..
- Vidal V, Verdone L, Mayes A, Beggs J. Characterization of U6 snRNA-protein interactions. RNA. 1999;5:1470-81 pubmed..Interestingly, the Lsm proteins associate efficiently with the 3' half of U6, which contains the 3' stem-loop and uridine-rich 3' end, suggesting that the Lsm and Sm proteins may recognize similar features in RNAs. ..
- Spiller M, Reijns M, Beggs J. Requirements for nuclear localization of the Lsm2-8p complex and competition between nuclear and cytoplasmic Lsm complexes. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:4310-20 pubmed..A shift of Lsm proteins from the nucleus to the cytoplasm under stress conditions indicates that this competition is biologically significant. ..
- Karaduman R, Dube P, Stark H, Fabrizio P, Kastner B, Luhrmann R. Structure of yeast U6 snRNPs: arrangement of Prp24p and the LSm complex as revealed by electron microscopy. RNA. 2008;14:2528-37 pubmed publisher..Further, LSmp-Prp24p interactions may be restricted to the closed form, which appears to represent the solution structure of the U6 snRNP particle. ..
- Boon K, Norman C, Grainger R, Newman A, Beggs J. Prp8p dissection reveals domain structure and protein interaction sites. RNA. 2006;12:198-205 pubmed..Thus, the U5 snRNP protein Snu114p associates with Prp8p in the region 437-770, whereas fragmenting Prp8p at residue 2173 destabilizes its association with Aar2p. ..
- Karaduman R, Fabrizio P, Hartmuth K, Urlaub H, Luhrmann R. RNA structure and RNA-protein interactions in purified yeast U6 snRNPs. J Mol Biol. 2006;356:1248-62 pubmed..Interestingly, we find that the open structure of the yeast U6 snRNA in native snRNPs can also be adopted by human U6 and U6atac snRNAs. ..
- Cuenca Bono B, García Molinero V, Pascual García P, García Oliver E, Llopis A, Rodriguez Navarro S. A novel link between Sus1 and the cytoplasmic mRNA decay machinery suggests a broad role in mRNA metabolism. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:19 pubmed publisher..evidence for genetic interactions between SUS1 and genes coding for components of P-bodies such as PAT1, LSM1, LSM6 and DHH1...
- Wu D, Muhlrad D, Bowler M, Jiang S, Liu Z, Parker R, et al. Lsm2 and Lsm3 bridge the interaction of the Lsm1-7 complex with Pat1 for decapping activation. Cell Res. 2014;24:233-46 pubmed publisher..Based on the structure of Lsm2-3-Pat1C, a model of Lsm1-7-Pat1 complex is constructed and how RNA binds to this complex is discussed. ..