Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LSM3
Description: U4/U6-U5 snRNP complex subunit LSM3
Alias: SMX4, USS2, U4/U6-U5 snRNP complex subunit LSM3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Sobti M, Cubeddu L, Haynes P, Mabbutt B. Engineered rings of mixed yeast Lsm proteins show differential interactions with translation factors and U-rich RNA. Biochemistry. 2010;49:2335-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest Lsm1 and/or Lsm4 can interact with translationally active mRNA. ..
- Tharun S. Purification and analysis of the decapping activator Lsm1p-7p-Pat1p complex from yeast. Methods Enzymol. 2008;448:41-55 pubmed publisher..2007). These observations, therefore, highlighted the importance of the intrinsic RNA binding properties of this complex as key determinants of its in vivo functions. ..
- Chowdhury A, Raju K, Kalurupalle S, Tharun S. Both Sm-domain and C-terminal extension of Lsm1 are important for the RNA-binding activity of the Lsm1-7-Pat1 complex. RNA. 2012;18:936-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, unlike most Sm-like proteins, Lsm1 uniquely requires both its Sm-domain and CTD for its normal RNA-binding function. ..
- Sharif H, Conti E. Architecture of the Lsm1-7-Pat1 complex: a conserved assembly in eukaryotic mRNA turnover. Cell Rep. 2013;5:283-91 pubmed publisher..Pat1 reveals that Pat1 recognition is not mediated by the distinguishing cytoplasmic subunit, Lsm1, but by Lsm2 and Lsm3. These results show how the auxiliary domains and the canonical Sm folds of the Lsm1-7 complex are organized in ..
- Camasses A, Bragado Nilsson E, Martin R, Seraphin B, Bordonne R. Interactions within the yeast Sm core complex: from proteins to amino acids. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:1956-66 pubmed..Surprisingly, we observed that other evolutionarily conserved positions are tolerant to mutations, with substitutions affecting binding to SmF and SmG only mildly and conferring a wild-type growth phenotype. ..
- Fernandez C, Pannone B, Chen X, Fuchs G, Wolin S. An Lsm2-Lsm7 complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae associates with the small nucleolar RNA snR5. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2842-52 pubmed
- Vidal V, Verdone L, Mayes A, Beggs J. Characterization of U6 snRNA-protein interactions. RNA. 1999;5:1470-81 pubmed..Interestingly, the Lsm proteins associate efficiently with the 3' half of U6, which contains the 3' stem-loop and uridine-rich 3' end, suggesting that the Lsm and Sm proteins may recognize similar features in RNAs. ..
- Wu D, Muhlrad D, Bowler M, Jiang S, Liu Z, Parker R, et al. Lsm2 and Lsm3 bridge the interaction of the Lsm1-7 complex with Pat1 for decapping activation. Cell Res. 2014;24:233-46 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Lsm2 and Lsm3 bridge the interaction between the C-terminus of Pat1 (Pat1C) and the Lsm1-7 complex...
- Chowdhury A, Tharun S. lsm1 mutations impairing the ability of the Lsm1p-7p-Pat1p complex to preferentially bind to oligoadenylated RNA affect mRNA decay in vivo. RNA. 2008;14:2149-58 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the importance of Lsm1p-7p-Pat1p complex-mRNA interaction for mRNA decay in vivo and imply that the oligo(A) tail mediated enhancement of such interaction is crucial in that process. ..
- Kufel J, Allmang C, Petfalski E, Beggs J, Tollervey D. Lsm Proteins are required for normal processing and stability of ribosomal RNAs. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2147-56 pubmed..We propose that Lsm proteins facilitate RNA protein interactions and structural changes required during ribosomal subunit assembly. ..
- Karaduman R, Dube P, Stark H, Fabrizio P, Kastner B, Luhrmann R. Structure of yeast U6 snRNPs: arrangement of Prp24p and the LSm complex as revealed by electron microscopy. RNA. 2008;14:2528-37 pubmed publisher..Further, LSmp-Prp24p interactions may be restricted to the closed form, which appears to represent the solution structure of the U6 snRNP particle. ..
- Karaduman R, Fabrizio P, Hartmuth K, Urlaub H, Luhrmann R. RNA structure and RNA-protein interactions in purified yeast U6 snRNPs. J Mol Biol. 2006;356:1248-62 pubmed..Interestingly, we find that the open structure of the yeast U6 snRNA in native snRNPs can also be adopted by human U6 and U6atac snRNAs. ..
- Collins B, Cubeddu L, Naidoo N, Harrop S, Kornfeld G, Dawes I, et al. Homomeric ring assemblies of eukaryotic Sm proteins have affinity for both RNA and DNA. Crystal structure of an oligomeric complex of yeast SmF. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17291-8 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that the homomeric assemblies of yeast Sm and Lsm proteins are capable of binding not only to oligo(U) RNA but, in the case of SmF, also to oligo(dT) single-stranded DNA. ..
- Spiller M, Reijns M, Beggs J. Requirements for nuclear localization of the Lsm2-8p complex and competition between nuclear and cytoplasmic Lsm complexes. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:4310-20 pubmed..A shift of Lsm proteins from the nucleus to the cytoplasm under stress conditions indicates that this competition is biologically significant. ..