Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LRG1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Meitinger F, Richter H, Heisel S, Hub B, Seufert W, Pereira G. A safeguard mechanism regulates Rho GTPases to coordinate cytokinesis with the establishment of cell polarity. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001495 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide unexpected insights into the temporal control of cytokinesis and describe the importance of a Gps1-dependent mechanism for highly accurate polarity switching between two closely connected locations. ..
- Li X, Ohmori T, Irie K, Kimura Y, Suda Y, Mizuno T, et al. Different Regulations of ROM2 and LRG1 Expression by Ccr4, Pop2, and Dhh1 in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cell Wall Integrity Pathway. mSphere. 2016;1: pubmed..modulate a signal from Rho1 small GTPase in the CWI pathway by regulating the expression of ROM2 mRNA and LRG1 mRNA, encoding a guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) and a GTPase-activating protein (GAP) for Rho1, ..
- Roumanie O, Weinachter C, Larrieu I, Crouzet M, Doignon F. Functional characterization of the Bag7, Lrg1 and Rgd2 RhoGAP proteins from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2001;506:149-56 pubmed..an in vitro assay, we have demonstrated that the Bag7 protein stimulated the GTPase activity of the Rho1 protein, Lrg1p acted on the Cdc42 and Rho2 GTPases and we showed that Rgd2p has a GAP activity on both Cdc42p and Rho5p...
- Aksnes H, Osberg C, Arnesen T. N-terminal acetylation by NatC is not a general determinant for substrate subcellular localization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61012 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, all organelle-localized substrates indicated undisrupted structures, thus suggesting that absence of NatC acetylation does not have a vast effect on organelle morphology in yeast. ..
- Onishi M, Ko N, Nishihama R, Pringle J. Distinct roles of Rho1, Cdc42, and Cyk3 in septum formation and abscission during yeast cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:311-29 pubmed publisher..This work suggests a general role for the catalytically inactive transglutaminases of fungi and animals, some of which have previously been implicated in cytokinesis. ..
- Stewart M, Krause S, McGhie J, Gray J. Mpt5p, a stress tolerance- and lifespan-promoting PUF protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, acts upstream of the cell wall integrity pathway. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:262-70 pubmed..putative target, LRG1, encodes a GTPase-activating protein for Rho1p that directly links Mpt5p to CWI signaling: Lrg1p inhibits CWI signaling, LRG1 mRNA contains a consensus Mpt5p-binding site in its putative 3' untranslated region, ..