Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LEM3
Alias: BRE3, ROS3, Lem3p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Sitcheran R, Emter R, Kralli A, Yamamoto K. A genetic analysis of glucocorticoid receptor signaling. Identification and characterization of ligand-effect modulators in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;156:963-72 pubmed..These studies identify two genes, LEM3 and LEM4, which correspond to YNL323w and ERG6, respectively...
- Radji M, Kim J, Togan T, Yoshikawa H, Shirahige K. The cloning and characterization of the CDC50 gene family in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2001;18:195-205 pubmed..We also found that the CDC39 gene was a multicopy suppressor of cdc50-1 mutation, suggesting that the CDC50 family is involved in regulation of transcription via CDC39. ..
- Yamauchi S, Obara K, Uchibori K, Kamimura A, Azumi K, Kihara A. Opt2 mediates the exposure of phospholipids during cellular adaptation to altered lipid asymmetry. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:61-9 pubmed publisher..The Rim101 pathway senses altered lipid asymmetry in the yeast plasma membrane. The mutant lem3Î” cells, in which lipid asymmetry is disturbed owing to the inactivation of the plasma membrane flippases, ..
- Riekhof W, Wu J, Gijón M, Zarini S, Murphy R, Voelker D. Lysophosphatidylcholine metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: the role of P-type ATPases in transport and a broad specificity acyltransferase in acylation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36853-61 pubmed..requires the action of plasma membrane P-type ATPases Dnf1p and Dnf2p and their requisite beta-subunit, Lem3p, for the active uptake of lyso-PtdEtn...
- Ono Y, Fukuda R, Ohta A. Involvement of LEM3/ROS3 in the uptake of phosphatidylcholine with short acyl chains in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:750-2 pubmed..Mutations in LEM3/ROS3 impaired growth in that medium, indicating that Lem3p is involved in the utilization of extracellular phosphatidylcholine (PC) with short acyl chains.
- Das A, Slaughter B, Unruh J, Bradford W, Alexander R, Rubinstein B, et al. Flippase-mediated phospholipid asymmetry promotes fast Cdc42 recycling in dynamic maintenance of cell polarity. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:304-10 pubmed publisher..Here we find that a lipid flippase complex, composed of Lem3, Dnf1 or Dnf2, has a role in the dynamic recycling of the Cdc42 GTPase, a key regulator of cell polarity, in yeast...
- Yamagami K, Yamamoto T, Sakai S, Mioka T, Sano T, Igarashi Y, et al. Inositol depletion restores vesicle transport in yeast phospholipid flippase mutants. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120108 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inositol depletion changes the lipid composition of the endosomal/TGN membranes, which results in vesicle formation from these membranes in the absence of flippases. ..
- Saito K, Fujimura Kamada K, Hanamatsu H, Kato U, Umeda M, Kozminski K, et al. Transbilayer phospholipid flipping regulates Cdc42p signaling during polarized cell growth via Rga GTPase-activating proteins. Dev Cell. 2007;13:743-51 pubmed..Type 4 P-type ATPases Lem3p-Dnf1p and -Dnf2p are putative heteromeric phospholipid flippases in budding yeast that are localized to polarized ..
- Kato U, Emoto K, Fredriksson C, Nakamura H, Ohta A, Kobayashi T, et al. A novel membrane protein, Ros3p, is required for phospholipid translocation across the plasma membrane in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37855-62 pubmed..One of the most sensitive mutants, designated ros3 (Ro-sensitive 3), showed no significant change in the cellular phospholipid composition or in the sensitivity to ..
- Yamamoto T, Fujimura Kamada K, Shioji E, Suzuki R, Tanaka K. Cfs1p, a Novel Membrane Protein in the PQ-Loop Family, Is Involved in Phospholipid Flippase Functions in Yeast. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:179-192 pubmed publisher..Cfs1p may thus be a novel regulator of phospholipid asymmetry. ..
- Hatakeyama R, Kono K, Yoshida S. Ypk1 and Ypk2 kinases maintain Rho1 at the plasma membrane by flippase-dependent lipid remodeling after membrane stresses. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1169-1178 pubmed publisher..Genetic evidence suggests that this process is mediated by the Lem3-containing lipid flippase...
- Stone A, Chau C, Eaton C, Foran E, Kapur M, Prevatt E, et al. Biochemical characterization of P4-ATPase mutations identified in patients with progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41139-51 pubmed publisher..The results of these measurements have implications for the basis of the disease and for the mechanism of phospholipid transit through the enzyme during the reaction cycle...
- Puts C, Lenoir G, Krijgsveld J, Williamson P, Holthuis J. A P4-ATPase protein interaction network reveals a link between aminophospholipid transport and phosphoinositide metabolism. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:833-42 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that aminophospholipid transport and phosphoinositide metabolism are interconnected at the Golgi. ..