Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LEA1
Description: U2 snRNP complex subunit LEA1
Alias: U2 snRNP complex subunit LEA1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Dix I, Russell C, Yehuda S, Kupiec M, Beggs J. The identification and characterization of a novel splicing protein, Isy1p, of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 1999;5:360-8 pubmed..Using a sensitive in vivo splicing assay, however, we observed lower splicing efficiency in the isy1 null mutant compared to wild-type, indicating that Isy1 p is important in the optimization of splicing. ..
- SORENSON M, Jha D, Ucles S, Flood D, Strahl B, Stevens S, et al. Histone H3K36 methylation regulates pre-mRNA splicing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA Biol. 2016;13:412-26 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we found that deletion of SET2 reduces the association of the U2 and U5 snRNPs with chromatin. Thus, our study provides the first evidence that H3K36 methylation plays a role in co-transcriptional RNA splicing in yeast. ..
- Hausmann S, Zheng S, Costanzo M, Brost R, Garcin D, Boone C, et al. Genetic and biochemical analysis of yeast and human cap trimethylguanosine synthase: functional overlap of 2,2,7-trimethylguanosine caps, small nuclear ribonucleoprotein components, pre-mRNA splicing factors, and RNA decay pathways. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31706-18 pubmed publisher..implicated in small nuclear ribonucleoprotein function and spliceosome assembly, including Mud2, Nam8, Brr1, Lea1, Ist3, Isy1, Cwc21, and Bud13...
- Liang W, Cheng S. A novel mechanism for Prp5 function in prespliceosome formation and proofreading the branch site sequence. Genes Dev. 2015;29:81-93 pubmed publisher..Mutations impairing U2-branch site base-pairing retard Prp5 release and impede tri-snRNP association. Prp5 mutations that destabilize the Prp5-U2 interaction suppress branch site mutations by allowing progression of the pathway. ..
- Shieh G, Pan C, Wu J, Sun Y, Wang C, Hsiao W, et al. H2B ubiquitylation is part of chromatin architecture that marks exon-intron structure in budding yeast. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:627 pubmed publisher..In addition, the deletion of genes encoding the U2 snRNP subunits, Lea1 or Msl1, in combination with an htb-K123R mutation, leads to synthetic lethality...
- Schwer B, Roth A, Shuman S. Will the circle be unbroken: specific mutations in the yeast Sm protein ring expose a requirement for assembly factor Brr1, a homolog of Gemin2. RNA. 2017;23:420-430 pubmed publisher..i>N66A, R97K, D99A) that were synthetically lethal with null alleles of U2 snRNP subunits Lea1 and/or Msl1...