Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KTI11
Alias: DPH3, Kti11p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kolaj Robin O, McEwen A, Cavarelli J, SÃ©raphin B. Structure of the Elongator cofactor complex Kti11/Kti13 provides insight into the role of Kti13 in Elongator-dependent tRNA modification. FEBS J. 2015;282:819-33 pubmed publisher..b>Kti11 was additionally shown to be implicated in the biosynthesis of diphthamide, a post-translationally modified ..
- Zabel R, Bär C, Mehlgarten C, Schaffrath R. Yeast alpha-tubulin suppressor Ats1/Kti13 relates to the Elongator complex and interacts with Elongator partner protein Kti11. Mol Microbiol. 2008;69:175-87 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Kti13 co-purifies with the Elongator partner protein Kti11 and that the Kti11 interaction, not the Nap1 partnership, requires the C-terminus of Kti13...
- Lin Z, Dong M, Zhang Y, Lee E, Lin H. Cbr1 is a Dph3 reductase required for the tRNA wobble uridine modification. Nat Chem Biol. 2016;12:995-997 pubmed publisherDiphthamide and the tRNA wobble uridine modifications both require diphthamide biosynthesis 3 (Dph3) protein as an electron donor for the iron-sulfur clusters in their biosynthetic enzymes...
- Huang B, Lu J, Byström A. A genome-wide screen identifies genes required for formation of the wobble nucleoside 5-methoxycarbonylmethyl-2-thiouridine in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2008;14:2183-94 pubmed publisher..Like the absence of the mcm(5) side chain, the lack of the s(2) group renders tRNA(mcm5s2UUC Glu) less sensitive to gamma-toxin, reinforcing the importance of the wobble nucleoside mcm(5)s(2)U for tRNA cleavage by gamma-toxin. ..
- Abdel Fattah W, Scheidt V, Uthman S, Stark M, Schaffrath R. Insights into diphthamide, key diphtheria toxin effector. Toxins (Basel). 2013;5:958-68 pubmed publisher..coli and co-immune precipitation in yeast, that Dph1 and Dph2 interact and that they form a complex with Dph3. Protein-protein interaction mapping shows that Dph1-Dph3 complex formation can be dissected by progressive DPH1 ..
- Glatt S, Zabel R, Vonkova I, Kumar A, Netz D, Pierik A, et al. Structure of the Kti11/Kti13 heterodimer and its double role in modifications of tRNA and eukaryotic elongation factor 2. Structure. 2015;23:149-60 pubmed publisherThe small, highly conserved Kti11 alias Dph3 protein encoded by the Kluyveromyces lactis killer toxin insensitive gene KTI11/DPH3 is involved in the diphthamide modification of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 and, together with Kti13, in ..