Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KOG1
Description: ubiquitin-binding TORC1 subunit KOG1
Alias: LAS24, ubiquitin-binding TORC1 subunit KOG1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Adami A, García Alvarez B, Arias Palomo E, Barford D, Llorca O. Structure of TOR and its complex with KOG1. Mol Cell. 2007;27:509-16 pubmed..A defining feature of TORC1 is the interaction of TOR with KOG1 (Raptor in mammals) and its sensitivity to a rapamycin-FKBP12 complex...
- Reinke A, Chen J, Aronova S, Powers T. Caffeine targets TOR complex I and provides evidence for a regulatory link between the FRB and kinase domains of Tor1p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:31616-26 pubmed
- Brown C, Hung G, Dunton D, Chiang H. The TOR complex 1 is distributed in endosomes and in retrograde vesicles that form from the vacuole membrane and plays an important role in the vacuole import and degradation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23359-70 pubmed publisher..We suggest that TORC1 interacts with multiple cargo proteins destined for the Vid pathway and plays an important role in the degradation of FBPase in the vacuole. ..
- Ho H, Lee H, Liao H, Chen M. Involvement of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Avo3p/Tsc11p in maintaining TOR complex 2 integrity and coupling to downstream signaling. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1328-43 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that Avo2p/Slm1p-mediated signaling, but not Avo1p-mediated signaling, links to Rho1p activation specifically through the Rho1p-guanine nucleotide exchange factor Tus1p. ..
- Tekletsadik Y, Sonn R, Osman M. A conserved role of IQGAP1 in regulating TOR complex 1. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2041-52 pubmed publisher..These results could have implications for the development of the next generation of anticancer therapeutics. ..
- Jin N, Mao K, Jin Y, Tevzadze G, Kauffman E, Park S, et al. Roles for PI(3,5)P2 in nutrient sensing through TORC1. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1171-85 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal PI(3,5)P(2) as a general regulator of TORC1 and suggest that PI(3,5)P(2) provides a platform for TORC1 signaling from lysosomes. ..
- Millet C, Ausiannikava D, Le Bihan T, Granneman S, Makovets S. Cell populations can use aneuploidy to survive telomerase insufficiency. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8664 pubmed publisher..The aneuploidy-induced re-balance of the proteome via modulation of ribosome biogenesis may be a general adaptive response to overcome functional insufficiencies. ..
- Wanke V, Cameroni E, Uotila A, Piccolis M, Urban J, Loewith R, et al. Caffeine extends yeast lifespan by targeting TORC1. Mol Microbiol. 2008;69:277-85 pubmed publisher..This kinase cascade appears to have been evolutionarily conserved, suggesting that caffeine may extend lifespan in other eukaryotes, including man. ..
- Yu F, Imamura Y, Ueno M, Suzuki S, Ohsumi Y, Yukawa M, et al. The yeast chromatin remodeler Rsc1-RSC complex is required for transcriptional activation of autophagy-related genes and inhibition of the TORC1 pathway in response to nitrogen starvation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:1248-53 pubmed publisher..addition, we found that rsc1Î” impaired the binding between the Rho GTPase Rho1 and the TORC1-specific component Kog1, which is required for down-regulation of TORC1 activity...
- Hu K, Guo S, Yan G, Yuan W, Zheng Y, Jiang Y. Ubiquitin regulates TORC1 in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2016;100:303-14 pubmed publisher..At the permissive temperature, the Tor2 mutant protein is partially defective for binding with Kog1 and TORC1 is impaired for membrane association...
- Laxman S, Tu B. Multiple TORC1-associated proteins regulate nitrogen starvation-dependent cellular differentiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26081 pubmed publisher..Our studies also suggest the CEN.PK strain background of S. cerevisiae may be particularly useful for investigations of nitrogen starvation-induced diploid pseudohyphal growth. ..
- Takahara T, Maeda T. Transient sequestration of TORC1 into stress granules during heat stress. Mol Cell. 2012;47:242-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this mechanism contributes to reduction of heat-induced mutations. Thus, TORC1 signaling is coupled to heat-induced SGs to protect cells from DNA damage...
- Bonfils G, Jaquenoud M, Bontron S, Ostrowicz C, Ungermann C, De Virgilio C. Leucyl-tRNA synthetase controls TORC1 via the EGO complex. Mol Cell. 2012;46:105-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, the EGOC-TORC1 signaling module samples, via the LeuRS-intrinsic editing domain, the fidelity of tRNA(Leu) aminoacylation as a proxy for leucine availability. ..
- Panchaud N, Péli Gulli M, De Virgilio C. Amino acid deprivation inhibits TORC1 through a GTPase-activating protein complex for the Rag family GTPase Gtr1. Sci Signal. 2013;6:ra42 pubmed publisher..Our results delineate a potentially conserved mechanism by which the Iml1, Npr2, and Npr3 orthologous proteins in humans may suppress tumor formation. ..
- Ghosh A, Cannon J. Analysis of protein phosphatase-1 and aurora protein kinase suppressors reveals new aspects of regulatory protein function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69133 pubmed publisher..These data also emphasize that Sds22 targets Glc7 to nuclear locations distinct from Ipl1 substrates. ..
- Sekiguchi T, Kamada Y, Furuno N, Funakoshi M, Kobayashi H. Amino acid residues required for Gtr1p-Gtr2p complex formation and its interactions with the Ego1p-Ego3p complex and TORC1 components in yeast. Genes Cells. 2014;19:449-63 pubmed publisher..The GTP-bound Gtr2p suppressed a Kog1p mutation. Our findings indicate that the interactions of the Gtr1p-Gtr2p complex with the Ego1p-Ego3p complex and TORC1 components Kog1p and Tco89p play a role in TORC1 function. ..
- Kira S, Tabata K, Shirahama Noda K, Nozoe A, Yoshimori T, Noda T. Reciprocal conversion of Gtr1 and Gtr2 nucleotide-binding states by Npr2-Npr3 inactivates TORC1 and induces autophagy. Autophagy. 2014;10:1565-78 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Gtr2 binds to the TORC1 subunit Kog1. A GDP-bound Gtr1 mutant induced autophagy even under nutrient-rich conditions, and this effect was dependent on ..
- Yan Y, Kang B. Regulation of Vid-dependent degradation of FBPase by TCO89, a component of TOR Complex 1. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:361-70 pubmed..The P1S mutation of FBPase, reported to block its degradation, was observed to impair the association of FBPase with TORCI components. These results implicated an important regulatory role of TCO89 and TORCI in this pathway. ..
- Wei Y, Tsang C, Zheng X. Mechanisms of regulation of RNA polymerase III-dependent transcription by TORC1. EMBO J. 2009;28:2220-30 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations provide new insights into the chromatin-dependent mechanism by which TORC1 controls transcription by Pol III. ..
- Nakashima A, Maruki Y, Imamura Y, Kondo C, Kawamata T, Kawanishi I, et al. The yeast Tor signaling pathway is involved in G2/M transition via polo-kinase. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2223 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae. Strains carrying a temperature-sensitive allele of KOG1 (kog1-105) encoding an essential component of TORC1, as well as yeast cell treated with rapamycin show mitotic ..
- Yuan W, Guo S, Gao J, Zhong M, Yan G, Wu W, et al. General Control Nonderepressible 2 (GCN2) Kinase Inhibits Target of Rapamycin Complex 1 in Response to Amino Acid Starvation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2660-2669 pubmed publisher..yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae In response to amino acid starvation, Gcn2 binds to TORC1 and phosphorylates Kog1, the unique regulatory subunit of TORC1, resulting in down-regulation of TORC1 kinase activity...
- van der Vaart B, FischbÃ¶ck J, Mieck C, Pichler P, Mechtler K, Medema R, et al. TORC1 signaling exerts spatial control over microtubule dynamics by promoting nuclear export of Stu2. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3471-3484 pubmed publisher..interactions between EB1 and CLIP-170 plus end-tracking protein (+TIP) family members with the TORC1 subunit Kog1/Raptor, which in turn allow the TORC1 proximal kinase Sch9/S6K1 to regulate the MT polymerase Stu2/XMAP215...