Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KAP114
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Caesar S, Greiner M, Schlenstedt G. Kap120 functions as a nuclear import receptor for ribosome assembly factor Rpf1 in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3170-80 pubmed..parallel import pathways exist for Rpf1, since nuclear import is defective in strains with the importins Kap120, Kap114, and Nmd5 deleted. Both kap120 and rpf1 mutants accumulate large ribosomal subunits in the nucleus...
- Mosammaparast N, Ewart C, Pemberton L. A role for nucleosome assembly protein 1 in the nuclear transport of histones H2A and H2B. EMBO J. 2002;21:6527-38 pubmed..We demonstrate that Nap1p can bind directly to Kap114p, the primary karyopherin/importin responsible for the nuclear import of H2A and H2B...
- Mosammaparast N, Jackson K, Guo Y, Brame C, Shabanowitz J, Hunt D, et al. Nuclear import of histone H2A and H2B is mediated by a network of karyopherins. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:251-62 pubmed..An abundant complex of H2A, H2B, and Kap114p was detected in cytosol...
- Hodges J, Leslie J, Mosammaparast N, Guo Y, Shabanowitz J, Hunt D, et al. Nuclear import of TFIIB is mediated by Kap114p, a karyopherin with multiple cargo-binding domains. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3200-10 pubmed..The yeast karyopherin Kap114p has previously been shown to import histones H2A and H2B, Nap1p, and a component of the preinitiation complex (..
- Mosammaparast N, Del Rosario B, Pemberton L. Modulation of histone deposition by the karyopherin kap114. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1764-78 pubmed..However, the coordinate regulation of these processes remains poorly understood. Here we demonstrate that Kap114p, the primary karyopherin/importin responsible for the nuclear import of histones H2A and H2B, modulates the ..
- Süel K, Chook Y. Kap104p imports the PY-NLS-containing transcription factor Tfg2p into the nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15416-24 pubmed publisher..More generally, steady-state localization of a nuclear protein is dictated by its nuclear import and export activities as well as its interactions in the nucleus and the cytoplasm. ..
- Greiner M, Caesar S, Schlenstedt G. The histones H2A/H2B and H3/H4 are imported into the yeast nucleus by different mechanisms. Eur J Cell Biol. 2004;83:511-20 pubmed..The essential Pse1p and the nonessential importins Kap114p, Kap104p, and Yrb4p/Kap123p specifically bind to histones H2A and H2B...
- Miyaji Yamaguchi M, Kato K, Nakano R, Akashi T, Kikuchi A, Nagata K. Involvement of nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of yeast Nap1 in mitotic progression. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6672-84 pubmed..This study also provides a possible explanation for Nap1's involvement in nucleosome assembly and/or remodeling in the nucleus. ..
- Rothenbusch U, Sawatzki M, Chang Y, Caesar S, Schlenstedt G. Sumoylation regulates Kap114-mediated nuclear transport. EMBO J. 2012;31:2461-72 pubmed publisherThe nuclear import receptor Kap114 carries transcription factors and other cargos across nuclear pores into the nucleus...