Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KAP104
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- van den Bogaart G, Meinema A, Krasnikov V, Veenhoff L, Poolman B. Nuclear transport factor directs localization of protein synthesis during mitosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:350-6 pubmed publisher..proteins Nab2p and Nab4p/Hrp1p accompany transcripts to their translation site, where the karyopherin Kap104p mediates both their dissociation from the mRNA and their transport back into the nucleus...
- Asakawa K, Toh e A. A defect of Kap104 alleviates the requirement of mitotic exit network gene functions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2002;162:1545-56 pubmedA subgroup of the karyopherin beta (also called importin beta) protein that includes budding yeast Kap104 and human transportin/karyopherin beta2 is reported to function as a receptor for the transport of mRNA-binding proteins into the ..
- Hahn S, Schlenstedt G. Importin ?-type nuclear transport receptors have distinct binding affinities for Ran-GTP. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;406:383-8 pubmed publisher..We found that the number of ?-receptors altogether about equals the amounts of yeast Ran, but Ran-GTP is not limiting in the nucleus. The implications of our results for nucleocytoplasmic transport mechanisms are discussed. ..
- Süel K, Chook Y. Kap104p imports the PY-NLS-containing transcription factor Tfg2p into the nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15416-24 pubmed publisher..E., Gu, H., and Chook, Y. M. (2008) PLoS Biol. 6, e137). In this study, we validate Tfg2p as a Kap104p substrate and examine the energetic organization of its PY-NLS...
- Leslie D, Zhang W, Timney B, Chait B, Rout M, Wozniak R, et al. Characterization of karyopherin cargoes reveals unique mechanisms of Kap121p-mediated nuclear import. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8487-503 pubmed..b>Kap104p is also known to recognize rg-NLSs, and here we show that it compensates for the loss of Kap121p function...
- SchÃ¼tz S, Fischer U, Altvater M, Nerurkar P, PeÃ±a C, Gerber M, et al. A RanGTP-independent mechanism allows ribosomal protein nuclear import for ribosome assembly. elife. 2014;3:e03473 pubmed publisher..We anticipate similar carriers-termed here escortins-to securely connect the nuclear import machinery with pathways that deposit r-proteins onto developing pre-ribosomal particles. ..
- Greiner M, Caesar S, Schlenstedt G. The histones H2A/H2B and H3/H4 are imported into the yeast nucleus by different mechanisms. Eur J Cell Biol. 2004;83:511-20 pubmed..The essential Pse1p and the nonessential importins Kap114p, Kap104p, and Yrb4p/Kap123p specifically bind to histones H2A and H2B...
- Süel K, Gu H, Chook Y. Modular organization and combinatorial energetics of proline-tyrosine nuclear localization signals. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e137 pubmed publisher..PY-NLSs) are recognized and transported into the nucleus by human Karyopherin (Kap) beta2/Transportin and yeast Kap104p. Multipartite PY-NLSs are highly diverse in sequence and structure, share a common C-terminal R/H/KX2-5PY motif, ..
- Veenhoff L, Meinema A, Poolman B. A karyopherin acts in localized protein synthesis. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:1281-5 pubmed..Recent studies in Saccharomyces cerevisiae suggest that Karyopherin Kap104p plays a role not only in mRNA export but also in bud-localized protein synthesis...
- Peña C, Schütz S, Fischer U, Chang Y, Panse V. Prefabrication of a ribosomal protein subcomplex essential for eukaryotic ribosome formation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, prefabrication of a native-like r-protein subcomplex drives efficient and accurate construction of the eukaryotic ribosome. ..