Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: JNM1
Alias: INS1, PAC3, Jnm1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Wang Y, Hu F, Elledge S. The Bfa1/Bub2 GAP complex comprises a universal checkpoint required to prevent mitotic exit. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1379-82 pubmed..We propose that Bfa1/Bub2 checkpoint pathway functions as a universal checkpoint in G2/M that prevents CDK inactivation in response to cell-cycle delay in G2/M. ..
- Clark S, Rose M. Arp10p is a pointed-end-associated component of yeast dynactin. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:738-48 pubmed..Based on the hRAS-Arp1p assay, loss of Arp10p enhances the apparent association of dynactin with the plasma membrane and suppresses the loss of signaling conferred by cell wall damage. ..
- Moore J, Li J, Cooper J. Dynactin function in mitotic spindle positioning. Traffic. 2008;9:510-27 pubmed publisher..Interactions among the subunits support a molecular model that resembles the current model for brain dynactin in many respects; however, three subunits at the pointed end of brain dynactin appear to be absent from yeast. ..
- Hoffman Sommer M, Kucharczyk R, Piekarska I, Kozlowska E, Rytka J. Mutations in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae vacuolar fusion proteins Ccz1, Mon1 and Ypt7 cause defects in cell cycle progression in a num1Delta background. Eur J Cell Biol. 2009;88:639-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that deregulation of the cell cycle in these mutants results from two separate mechanisms, one of which is related to calcium homeostasis. ..
- Kahana J, Schlenstedt G, Evanchuk D, Geiser J, Hoyt M, Silver P. The yeast dynactin complex is involved in partitioning the mitotic spindle between mother and daughter cells during anaphase B. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:1741-56 pubmed..with the presence of a true dynactin complex in yeast, Nip100p exists in a stable complex with Act5p as well as Jnm1p, another protein required for proper spindle partitioning during anaphase...
- Chao J, Wong A, Tavassoli S, Young B, Chruscicki A, Fang N, et al. Polarization of the endoplasmic reticulum by ER-septin tethering. Cell. 2014;158:620-32 pubmed publisher..ER-septin tethering polarizes the ER into separate mother and bud domains, one function of which is to position the spindle in the mother until M phase by confining the spindle capture protein Num1 to the mother ER. ..
- Scarfone I, Venturetti M, Hotz M, Lengefeld J, Barral Y, Piatti S. Asymmetry of the budding yeast Tem1 GTPase at spindle poles is required for spindle positioning but not for mitotic exit. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004938 pubmed publisher..Thus, asymmetry of the Bub2/Bfa1/Tem1 complex is crucial to control Kar9 distribution and spindle positioning during mitosis. ..