Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: JAC1
Description: J-type chaperone JAC1
Alias: J-type chaperone JAC1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Jensen L, Sanchez R, Srinivasan C, Valentine J, Culotta V. Mutations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae iron-sulfur cluster assembly genes and oxidative stress relevant to Cu,Zn superoxide dismutase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29938-43 pubmed..By comparison, the sod1Delta lysine auxotrophy appears to be reversed in the seo mutants by increased expression of genes in the lysine biosynthetic pathway, perhaps through sensing of mitochondrial damage by the retrograde response. ..
- Dutkiewicz R, Schilke B, Cheng S, Knieszner H, Craig E, Marszalek J. Sequence-specific interaction between mitochondrial Fe-S scaffold protein Isu and Hsp70 Ssq1 is essential for their in vivo function. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29167-74 pubmed..of Fe-S clusters in the yeast mitochondrial matrix, is a substrate protein for the Hsp70 Ssq1 and the J-protein Jac1 in vitro...
- Dutkiewicz R, Marszalek J, Schilke B, Craig E, Lill R, Muhlenhoff U. The Hsp70 chaperone Ssq1p is dispensable for iron-sulfur cluster formation on the scaffold protein Isu1p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7801-8 pubmed..Hence, consistent with previous in vivo data, these chaperones likely function in steps subsequent to the de novo synthesis of the Fe/S cluster on Isu1p. ..
- Andrew A, Song J, Schilke B, Craig E. Posttranslational regulation of the scaffold for Fe-S cluster biogenesis, Isu. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5259-66 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with the existence of a mechanism to increase the stability of Isu, and thus its level, that is dependent on the presence of the cysteine desulfurase Nfs1. ..
- Ciesielski S, Schilke B, Marszalek J, Craig E. Protection of scaffold protein Isu from degradation by the Lon protease Pim1 as a component of Fe-S cluster biogenesis regulation. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1060-8 pubmed publisher..and that it is protected from degradation by Nfs1, the sulfur donor for Fe-S cluster assembly, as well as by Jac1, the J-protein Hsp70 cochaperone that functions in cluster transfer from Isu...