Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IST3
Description: U2 snRNP complex subunit IST3
Alias: SNU17, U2 snRNP complex subunit IST3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Qiu Z, Chico L, Chang J, Shuman S, Schwer B. Genetic interactions of hypomorphic mutations in the m7G cap-binding pocket of yeast nuclear cap binding complex: an essential role for Cbc2 in meiosis via splicing of MER3 pre-mRNA. RNA. 2012;18:1996-2011 pubmed publisher..sickness with null mutations of proteins involved in early steps of spliceosome assembly (Nam8, Mud1, Swt21, Mud2, Ist3, and Brr1) and with otherwise benign mutations of Msl5, the essential branchpoint binding protein...
- WysoczaÅ„ski P, Schneider C, Xiang S, Munari F, Trowitzsch S, Wahl M, et al. Cooperative structure of the heterotrimeric pre-mRNA retention and splicing complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:911-8 pubmed publisher..The three-dimensional structure of the RES core complex highlights the importance of cooperative folding and binding in the functional organization of the spliceosome. ..
- SORENSON M, Jha D, Ucles S, Flood D, Strahl B, Stevens S, et al. Histone H3K36 methylation regulates pre-mRNA splicing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA Biol. 2016;13:412-26 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we found that deletion of SET2 reduces the association of the U2 and U5 snRNPs with chromatin. Thus, our study provides the first evidence that H3K36 methylation plays a role in co-transcriptional RNA splicing in yeast. ..
- Tripsianes K, Friberg A, Barrandon C, Brooks M, van Tilbeurgh H, Seraphin B, et al. A novel protein-protein interaction in the RES (REtention and Splicing) complex. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:28640-50 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight structural diversity in RRM-protein interactions, analogous to the one seen for nucleic acid interactions. ..
- Wysoczański P, Zweckstetter M. Retention and splicing complex (RES) - the importance of cooperativity. RNA Biol. 2016;13:128-33 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights the role of cooperativity in the spliceosome and poses new questions about the structure and assembly of the spliceosome. ..
- Neves L, Douglass S, Spreafico R, Venkataramanan S, Kress T, Johnson T. The histone variant H2A.Z promotes efficient cotranscriptional splicing in S. cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 2017;31:702-717 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that H2A.Z is required for efficient pre-mRNA splicing and indicate a role for H2A.Z in coordinating the kinetics of transcription elongation and splicing. ..