Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IRR1
Alias: SCC3, Irr1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Białkowska A, Kurlandzka A. Additional copies of the NOG2 and IST2 genes suppress the deficiency of cohesin Irr1p/Scc3p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Acta Biochim Pol. 2002;49:421-5 pubmed..Here we describe two dosage suppressors (IST2, NOG2) overcoming the inability to form colonies of an Irr1p-deficient strain...
- Cena A, Skoneczny M, Chełstowska A, Kowalec P, Natorff R, Kurlandzka A. Cohesin Irr1/Scc3 is likely to influence transcription in Saccharomyces cerevisiae via interaction with Mediator complex. Acta Biochim Pol. 2013;60:233-8 pubmed..The participation of SA2p (mammalian ortholog of yeast Irr1p, associated with the core of the complex) in the regulation of transcription is already described...
- Cena A, Orlowski J, Machula K, Fronk J, Kurlandzka A. Substitution F659G in the Irr1p/Scc3p cohesin influences the cell wall of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Struct Funct. 2007;32:1-7 pubmed..We investigated the Irr1p/Scc3p cohesin subunit, an under-studied protein...
- BeckouÃ«t F, Srinivasan M, Roig M, Chan K, Scheinost J, Batty P, et al. Releasing Activity Disengages Cohesin's Smc3/Scc1 Interface in a Process Blocked by Acetylation. Mol Cell. 2016;61:563-574 pubmed publisher..We show that mutations capable of bypassing Eco1 in Smc1, Smc3, Scc1, Wapl, Pds5, and Scc3 subunits reduce dissociation of N-terminal cleavage fragments of Scc1 (NScc1) from Smc3...
- Cena A, Kozłowska E, Płochocka D, Grynberg M, Ishikawa T, Fronk J, et al. The F658G substitution in Saccharomyces cerevisiae cohesin Irr1/Scc3 is semi-dominant in the diploid and disturbs mitosis, meiosis and the cell cycle. Eur J Cell Biol. 2008;87:831-44 pubmed publisher..complex of Saccharomyces cerevisiae includes chromosomal ATPases Smc1p and Smc3p, the kleisin Mcd1p/Scc1p, and Irr1p/Scc3p, the least studied component...
- Katis V, Lipp J, Imre R, Bogdanova A, Okaz E, Habermann B, et al. Rec8 phosphorylation by casein kinase 1 and Cdc7-Dbf4 kinase regulates cohesin cleavage by separase during meiosis. Dev Cell. 2010;18:397-409 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PP2A protects centromeric cohesion by opposing CK1delta/epsilon- and DDK-dependent phosphorylation of Rec8. ..
- Kurlandzka A, Rytka J, Rozalska B, Wysocka M. Saccharomyces cerevisiae IRR1 protein is indirectly involved in colony formation. Yeast. 1999;15:23-33 pubmed..This indicates that Irr1p is not directly involved in the cell-solid support adhesion, but may be an element of a communication pathway ..
- Kowalec P, Fronk J, Kurlandzka A. The Irr1/Scc3 protein implicated in chromosome segregation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae has a dual nuclear-cytoplasmic localization. Cell Div. 2017;12:1 pubmed publisher..The essential, evolutionarily conserved regulatory protein Irr1/Scc3, is responsible for the complex loading onto DNA and for its removal...
- Lin W, Jin H, Liu X, Hampton K, Yu H. Scc2 regulates gene expression by recruiting cohesin to the chromosome as a transcriptional activator during yeast meiosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1985-96 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide evidence that chromosomal binding of cohesin is sufficient for target-gene activation during meiosis. Our data support a noncanonical role for cohesin as a transcriptional activator during cell differentiation. ..
- Li Z, Vizeacoumar F, Bahr S, Li J, Warringer J, Vizeacoumar F, et al. Systematic exploration of essential yeast gene function with temperature-sensitive mutants. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:361-7 pubmed publisher..This mutant collection should facilitate a wide range of systematic studies aimed at understanding the functions of essential genes. ..
- Orgil O, Matityahu A, Eng T, Guacci V, Koshland D, Onn I. A conserved domain in the scc3 subunit of cohesin mediates the interaction with both mcd1 and the cohesin loader complex. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005036 pubmed publisher..Cohesin is also important for chromosome condensation, DNA repair, and gene expression. Cohesin is comprised of Scc3, Mcd1, Smc1, and Smc3...
- Measday V, Hailey D, Pot I, Givan S, Hyland K, Cagney G, et al. Ctf3p, the Mis6 budding yeast homolog, interacts with Mcm22p and Mcm16p at the yeast outer kinetochore. Genes Dev. 2002;16:101-13 pubmed..In contrast, Ctf3p and Ctf19p fail to bind properly to the centromere in a cse4-1 mutant strain. We conclude that the requirements for CENP-A loading onto centromere DNA differ in fission versus budding yeast. ..
- Parnas O, Zipin Roitman A, Mazor Y, Liefshitz B, Ben Aroya S, Kupiec M. The ELG1 clamp loader plays a role in sister chromatid cohesion. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5497 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Elg1, Ctf4, and Ctf18 may coordinate the relative movement of the replication fork with respect to the cohesin ring. ..
- Fernius J, Nerusheva O, Galander S, Alves F, Rappsilber J, Marston A. Cohesin-dependent association of scc2/4 with the centromere initiates pericentromeric cohesion establishment. Curr Biol. 2013;23:599-606 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings provide a paradigm for the spatial and temporal control of cohesin loading. ..
- Heidinger Pauli J, Onn I, Koshland D. Genetic evidence that the acetylation of the Smc3p subunit of cohesin modulates its ATP-bound state to promote cohesion establishment in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2010;185:1249-56 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide evidence that Smc3p acetylation, which has an essential role in cohesion establishment, modulates the Smc3p ATP-bound state. ..
- Bialkowska A, Kurlandzka A. Proteins interacting with Lin 1p, a putative link between chromosome segregation, mRNA splicing and DNA replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2002;19:1323-33 pubmed..Using a two-hybrid screen we identified a novel nuclear protein, Lin1, interacting with Irr1p/Scc3p, a component of the cohesin complex...