Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IQG1
Alias: CYK1, Iqg1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Osman M, Konopka J, Cerione R. Iqg1p links spatial and secretion landmarks to polarity and cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:601-11 pubmed..Budding yeast cells commit to their cytokinesis plane by choosing a bud site and polarizing their growth. Iqg1p (Cyk1p) was previously implicated in cytokinesis (Epp and Chant, 1997; Lippincott and Li, 1998; Osman and Cerione, ..
- Osman M, Cerione R. Iqg1p, a yeast homologue of the mammalian IQGAPs, mediates cdc42p effects on the actin cytoskeleton. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:443-55 pubmed..The yeast IQGAP homologue, designated Iqg1p, displays a two-hybrid interaction with activated Cdc42p and coimmunoprecipitates with actin filaments...
- Tully G, Nishihama R, Pringle J, Morgan D. The anaphase-promoting complex promotes actomyosin-ring disassembly during cytokinesis in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1201-12 pubmed publisher..A key target of APC(Cdh1) is the ring component Iqg1, the destruction of which contributes to actomyosin-ring disassembly...
- Wright D, Munro E, Corbett M, Bentley A, Fullwood N, Murray S, et al. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae actin cytoskeletal component Bsp1p has an auxiliary role in actomyosin ring function and in the maintenance of bud-neck structure. Genetics. 2008;178:1903-14 pubmed publisherb>Iqg1p is a component of the actomyosin contractile ring that is required for actin recruitment and septum deposition...
- Richman T, Johnson D. Saccharomyces cerevisiae cdc42p GTPase is involved in preventing the recurrence of bud emergence during the cell cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8548-59 pubmed
- Tian C, Wu Y, Johnsson N. Stepwise and cooperative assembly of a cytokinetic core complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3614-24 pubmed publisher..The yeast IQGAP (Iqg1p) belongs to the conserved AMR...
- Pathmanathan S, Barnard E, Timson D. Interactions between the budding yeast IQGAP homologue Iqg1p and its targets revealed by a split-EGFP bimolecular fluorescence complementation assay. Cell Biol Int. 2008;32:1318-22 pubmed publisher..assay has been used to detect interactions between the Saccharomyces cerevisiae cytoskeletal scaffolding protein Iqg1p and three targets: myosin essential light chain (Mlc1p), calmodulin (Cmd1p) and the small GTPase Cdc42p...
- Naylor S, Morgan D. Cdk1-dependent phosphorylation of Iqg1 governs actomyosin ring assembly prior to cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:1128-37 pubmed publisher..A central player in this process is Iqg1, which promotes recruitment of actin to the myosin ring and links AMR assembly with that of septum-forming ..
- Iwase M, Luo J, Bi E, Toh e A. Shs1 plays separable roles in septin organization and cytokinesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2007;177:215-29 pubmed..We found that Myo1 and Iqg1, two components of the actomyosin contractile ring, and Cyk3, a component of the septum formation, were either ..
- Tekletsadik Y, Sonn R, Osman M. A conserved role of IQGAP1 in regulating TOR complex 1. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2041-52 pubmed publisher..Two-hybrid screens identified the yeast TORC1-specific subunit Tco89p as an Iqg1p-binding partner, sharing roles in rapamycin-sensitive growth, axial-bud-site selection and cytokinesis, thus ..
- Cassani C, Raspelli E, Santo N, Chiroli E, Lucchini G, Fraschini R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Dma proteins participate in cytokinesis by controlling two different pathways. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:2794-808 pubmed publisher..In addition, overproduction of Dma2 impairs the interaction between Tem1 and Iqg1, which is thought to be required for AMR contraction, and causes asymmetric primary septum deposition as well as ..
- Pruyne D, Bretscher A. Polarization of cell growth in yeast. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 4):571-85 pubmed..The dynamic arrangement of targeting and recycling provides flexibility for the precise control of morphogenesis. ..
- MILLER D, Hall H, Chaparian R, Mara M, Mueller A, Hall M, et al. Dephosphorylation of Iqg1 by Cdc14 regulates cytokinesis in budding yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2913-26 pubmed publisherCytokinesis separates cells by contraction of a ring composed of filamentous actin (F-actin) and type II myosin. Iqg1, an IQGAP family member, is an essential protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae required for assembly and contraction of ..
- Luo J, Vallen E, Dravis C, Tcheperegine S, Drees B, Bi E. Identification and functional analysis of the essential and regulatory light chains of the only type II myosin Myo1p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:843-55 pubmed..We show that Mlc1p, a light chain for Myo2p (type V myosin) and Iqg1p (IQGAP), is the essential light chain for Myo1p, the only type II myosin in S. cerevisiae...
- Onishi M, Ko N, Nishihama R, Pringle J. Distinct roles of Rho1, Cdc42, and Cyk3 in septum formation and abscission during yeast cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:311-29 pubmed publisher..This work suggests a general role for the catalytically inactive transglutaminases of fungi and animals, some of which have previously been implicated in cytokinesis. ..
- Foltman M, Molist I, Arcones I, Sacristan C, Filali Mouncef Y, Roncero C, et al. Ingression Progression Complexes Control Extracellular Matrix Remodelling during Cytokinesis in Budding Yeast. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005864 pubmed publisher..In addition to type II myosin, the IQGAP protein Iqg1 and Chs2, IPCs contain the F-BAR protein Hof1, and the cytokinesis regulators Inn1 and Cyk3...