Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: INP53
Description: phosphatidylinositol-3-/phosphoinositide 5-phosphatase INP53
Alias: SJL3, SOP2, phosphatidylinositol-3-/phosphoinositide 5-phosphatase INP53
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Fröhlich F, Christiano R, Olson D, Alcazar Roman A, DECAMILLI P, Walther T. A role for eisosomes in maintenance of plasma membrane phosphoinositide levels. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:2797-806 pubmed publisher..and function of Inp51 but not for the homologous phosphatidylinositol bisphosphate phosphatases Inp52/Sjl2 and Inp53/Sjl3. Consistent with this, absence of Pil1 increases total and available PI(4,5)P2 levels at the plasma membrane...
- Ha S, Torabinejad J, DeWald D, Wenk M, Lucast L, De Camilli P, et al. The synaptojanin-like protein Inp53/Sjl3 functions with clathrin in a yeast TGN-to-endosome pathway distinct from the GGA protein-dependent pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1319-33 pubmed..Unlike chc1 mutants, inp53 mutants do not mislocalize TGN proteins to the cell surface, consistent with the idea that Chc1p and Inp53p act at ..
- Böttcher C, Wicky S, Schwarz H, Singer Krüger B. Sjl2p is specifically involved in early steps of endocytosis intimately linked to actin dynamics via the Ark1p/Prk1p kinases. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:633-41 pubmed..Consistent with the finding that Sjl2p can bind to clathrin heavy chain in vitro, our results suggest that Sjl2p localizes to smooth endocytic vesicles that may be derived from clathrin-coated structures. ..
- Hughes W, Woscholski R, Cooke F, Patrick R, Dove S, McDonald N, et al. SAC1 encodes a regulated lipid phosphoinositide phosphatase, defects in which can be suppressed by the homologous Inp52p and Inp53p phosphatases. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:801-8 pubmed..It is concluded that SAC1 encodes a novel lipid phosphoinositide phosphatase in which specific mutations can cause the sac1 phenotypes by altering the in vivo regulation of the protein rather than by destroying phosphatase activity. ..
- Guo S, Stolz L, Lemrow S, York J. SAC1-like domains of yeast SAC1, INP52, and INP53 and of human synaptojanin encode polyphosphoinositide phosphatases. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:12990-5 pubmed..Additionally, the tethering of PPIPase and 5-phosphatase activities indicate a novel mechanism by which concerted phosphoinositide hydrolysis participates in membrane trafficking. ..
- Parrish W, Stefan C, Emr S. PtdIns(3)P accumulation in triple lipid-phosphatase-deletion mutants triggers lethal hyperactivation of the Rho1p/Pkc1p cell-integrity MAP kinase pathway. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5589-601 pubmed..Taken together, the results of this study indicated that aberrant Rho1p/Pkc1p signaling contributes to the lethal effects of PtdIns(3)P accumulation in cells deficient in PI 3-phosphatase activity. ..
- Nguyen P, Hasek J, Kohlwein S, Romero C, Choi J, Vancura A. Interaction of Pik1p and Sjl proteins in membrane trafficking. FEMS Yeast Res. 2005;5:363-71 pubmed..Deletion of SJL3 gene is synthetically lethal with pik1ts, and deletions of SJL1 or SJL2 genes in pik1ts cells exacerbate the ..
- Saiz J, Santos M, Vazquez de Aldana C, Revuelta J. Disruption of six unknown open reading frames from Saccharomyces cerevisiae reveals two genes involved in vacuolar morphogenesis and one gene required for sporulation. Yeast. 1999;15:155-64 pubmed..Strains bearing single and double deletions of YNL106c and YOR109w were seen to display abnormal vacuolar morphologies of varying degrees. Complementation tests indicated that YNL106c and YOR109w are redundant genes. ..
- Ooms L, McColl B, Wiradjaja F, Wijayaratnam A, Gleeson P, Gething M, et al. The yeast inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatases inp52p and inp53p translocate to actin patches following hyperosmotic stress: mechanism for regulating phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate at plasma membrane invaginations. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:9376-90 pubmed..This may provide a mechanism for regulating actin polymerization and cell growth as an acute adaptive response to hyperosmotic stress. ..
- Wicky S, Frischmuth S, Singer Krüger B. Bsp1p/Ypr171p is an adapter that directly links some synaptojanin family members to the cortical actin cytoskeleton in yeast. FEBS Lett. 2003;537:35-41 pubmed..We propose that Bsp1p is an adapter that links Sjl2p and Sjl3p to the cortical actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Zhong R, Ye Z. The SAC domain-containing protein gene family in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:544-55 pubmed..Moreover, the expression of the AtSAC6 gene was highly induced by salinity. These results provide a foundation for future studies on the elucidation of the cellular functions of SAC domain-containing proteins in Arabidopsis. ..
- Guiney E, Goldman A, Elias J, Cyert M. Calcineurin regulates the yeast synaptojanin Inp53/Sjl3 during membrane stress. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:769-85 pubmed publisher..Hyperosmotic shock promotes calcineurin binding to and dephosphorylation of the PI(4,5)P2 phosphatase synaptojanin/Inp53/Sjl3 and causes dramatic calcineurin-dependent reorganization of PI(4,5)P2-enriched membrane domains...
- Foti M, Audhya A, Emr S. Sac1 lipid phosphatase and Stt4 phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase regulate a pool of phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate that functions in the control of the actin cytoskeleton and vacuole morphology. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:2396-411 pubmed..Regulation of this PtdIns(4)P pool appears to be crucial for the maintenance of vacuole morphology, regulation of lipid storage, Golgi function, and actin cytoskeleton organization. ..