Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IDH1
Description: isocitrate dehydrogenase (NAD(+)) IDH1
Alias: isocitrate dehydrogenase (NAD(+)) IDH1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Song P, Wei H, Cao Z, Wang P, Zhu G. Single arginine mutation in two yeast isocitrate dehydrogenases: biochemical characterization and functional implication. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e115025 pubmed publisher..Mutation of the catalytic Arg132 residue of human IDH1 (HcIDH) eliminates the enzyme's wild-type isocitrate oxidation activity, but confer the mutant an ability of ..
- Lin A, McAlister Henn L. Basis for half-site ligand binding in yeast NAD(+)-specific isocitrate dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 2011;50:8241-50 pubmed publisher..regulated octameric enzyme composed of four heterodimers of a catalytic IDH2 subunit and a regulatory IDH1 subunit...
- McAlister Henn L, Small W. Molecular genetics of yeast TCA cycle isozymes. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 1997;57:317-39 pubmed
- Lin A, Demeler B, Minard K, Anderson S, Schirf V, Galaleldeen A, et al. Construction and analyses of tetrameric forms of yeast NAD+-specific isocitrate dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 2011;50:230-9 pubmed..NAD(+)-specific isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) is an octameric enzyme composed of four heterodimers of regulatory IDH1 and catalytic IDH2 subunits...
- Helbig A, de Groot M, van Gestel R, Mohammed S, de Hulster E, Luttik M, et al. A three-way proteomics strategy allows differential analysis of yeast mitochondrial membrane protein complexes under anaerobic and aerobic conditions. Proteomics. 2009;9:4787-98 pubmed publisher..In addition, this latter approach allowed screening for possible novel complex interaction partners, since for example protein Aim38p, with a yet unknown function, was identified as a possible component of respiratory chain complex IV. ..
- Garcia J, Minard K, Lin A, McAlister Henn L. Disulfide bond formation in yeast NAD+-specific isocitrate dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 2009;48:8869-78 pubmed publisher..dehydrogenase (IDH) of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is an octameric enzyme composed of four heterodimers of regulatory IDH1 and catalytic IDH2 subunits...
- Hess D, Myers C, Huttenhower C, Hibbs M, Hayes A, Paw J, et al. Computationally driven, quantitative experiments discover genes required for mitochondrial biogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000407 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that by leveraging computational analysis to direct quantitative experimental assays, we have characterized mutants with subtle mitochondrial defects whose phenotypes were undetected by high-throughput methods. ..
- Kucej M, Kucejova B, SUBRAMANIAN R, Chen X, Butow R. Mitochondrial nucleoids undergo remodeling in response to metabolic cues. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:1861-8 pubmed publisher..A mutant form of Hsp60 that causes mtDNA instability has altered submitochondrial localization, which suggests that nucleoid remodeling is essential for the maintenance of mitochondrial genome...
- Contreras Shannon V, Lin A, McCammon M, McAlister Henn L. Kinetic properties and metabolic contributions of yeast mitochondrial and cytosolic NADP+-specific isocitrate dehydrogenases. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4469-75 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest an ancillary role for IDP1 in cellular glutamate synthesis and a role for IDP2 in equilibrating and maintaining cellular levels of isocitrate and alpha-ketoglutarate. ..