Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HTB1
Description: histone H2B
Alias: SPT12, histone H2B
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Emre N, Ingvarsdottir K, Wyce A, Wood A, Krogan N, Henry K, et al. Maintenance of low histone ubiquitylation by Ubp10 correlates with telomere-proximal Sir2 association and gene silencing. Mol Cell. 2005;17:585-94 pubmed..Our results suggest that these H2B-deubiquitylating enzymes have distinct genomic functions. ..
- Camahort R, Shivaraju M, Mattingly M, Li B, Nakanishi S, Zhu D, et al. Cse4 is part of an octameric nucleosome in budding yeast. Mol Cell. 2009;35:794-805 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our experimental evidence supports the model that the Cse4 nucleosome is an octamer, containing two copies each of Cse4, H2A, H2B, and H4. ..
- Mutiu A, Hoke S, Genereaux J, Liang G, Brandl C. The role of histone ubiquitylation and deubiquitylation in gene expression as determined by the analysis of an HTB1(K123R) Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain. Mol Genet Genomics. 2007;277:491-506 pubmedIn Saccharomyces cerevisiae histone H2B is ubiquitylated at lysine 123 in a process requiring the E2-ubiquitin conjugase, Rad6...
- Robzyk K, Recht J, Osley M. Rad6-dependent ubiquitination of histone H2B in yeast. Science. 2000;287:501-4 pubmed..uH2B was not detected in rad6 mutants, which are defective for the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc2, thus identifying Rad6 as the major cellular activity that ubiquitinates H2B in yeast. ..
- Luk E, Vu N, Patteson K, Mizuguchi G, Wu W, Ranjan A, et al. Chz1, a nuclear chaperone for histone H2AZ. Mol Cell. 2007;25:357-68 pubmed..The presence of this motif in other metazoan proteins suggests that H2AZ-specific chaperones may be widely conserved. ..
- VanDemark A, Blanksma M, Ferris E, Heroux A, Hill C, Formosa T. The structure of the yFACT Pob3-M domain, its interaction with the DNA replication factor RPA, and a potential role in nucleosome deposition. Mol Cell. 2006;22:363-74 pubmed..These results support the model that the FACT family has an essential role in constructing nucleosomes during DNA replication, and suggest that RPA contributes to this process. ..
- Zhou Z, Feng H, Hansen D, Kato H, Luk E, FREEDBERG D, et al. NMR structure of chaperone Chz1 complexed with histones H2A.Z-H2B. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:868-9 pubmed publisher..A molecular model that docks Chz1 onto the nucleosome has implications for its potential functions. ..
- Park Y, Sudhoff K, Andrews A, Stargell L, Luger K. Histone chaperone specificity in Rtt109 activation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:957-64 pubmed..Nap1 and Vps75 interact with histones and Rtt109 with comparable affinities. However, only Vps75 stimulates Rtt109 enzymatic activity. Our data highlight the functional specificity of Vps75 in Rtt109 activation. ..
- Wu W, Wu C, Ladurner A, Mizuguchi G, Wei D, Xiao H, et al. N terminus of Swr1 binds to histone H2AZ and provides a platform for subunit assembly in the chromatin remodeling complex. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:6200-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that one SWR1 enzyme might be capable of binding two H2AZ-H2B dimers, and provide further insight on the hierarchy and interdependency of molecular interactions within the SWR1 complex. ..
- Chandrasekharan M, Huang F, Sun Z. Ubiquitination of histone H2B regulates chromatin dynamics by enhancing nucleosome stability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16686-91 pubmed publisherThe mechanism by which ubiquitination of histone H2B (H2Bub1) regulates H3-K4 and -K79 methylation and the histone H2A-H2B chaperone Spt16-mediated nucleosome dynamics during transcription is not fully understood...
- Wu W, Alami S, Luk E, Wu C, Sen S, Mizuguchi G, et al. Swc2 is a widely conserved H2AZ-binding module essential for ATP-dependent histone exchange. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:1064-71 pubmed..Finally, the C-terminal alpha-helix of H2AZ is crucial for its recognition by SWR1. These findings provide insight on the initial events of histone exchange. ..
- Libuda D, Winston F. Amplification of histone genes by circular chromosome formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nature. 2006;443:1003-7 pubmed..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the histones H2A and H2B are encoded by two gene pairs, named HTA1-HTB1 and HTA2-HTB2 (ref. 8)...
- Rothenbusch U, Sawatzki M, Chang Y, Caesar S, Schlenstedt G. Sumoylation regulates Kap114-mediated nuclear transport. EMBO J. 2012;31:2461-72 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, sumoylation of Kap114 greatly stimulates cargo dissociation in vitro. We propose that sumoylation occurs at the site of Kap114 cargo function and that SUMO is a cargo release factor involved in intranuclear targeting. ..
- Faucher D, Wellinger R. Methylated H3K4, a transcription-associated histone modification, is involved in the DNA damage response pathway. PLoS Genet. 2010;6: pubmed publisher..Here we show that the mono ubiquitylation of histone H2B and the tri-methylation of histone H3 on lysine 4 (H3K4me3), both known for their involvement in transcription, ..
- Keogh M, Kim J, Downey M, Fillingham J, Chowdhury D, Harrison J, et al. A phosphatase complex that dephosphorylates gammaH2AX regulates DNA damage checkpoint recovery. Nature. 2006;439:497-501 pubmed..The dephosphorylation of gammaH2AX by the HTP-C is necessary for efficient recovery from the DNA damage checkpoint. ..
- Greiner M, Caesar S, Schlenstedt G. The histones H2A/H2B and H3/H4 are imported into the yeast nucleus by different mechanisms. Eur J Cell Biol. 2004;83:511-20 pubmed..We conclude from our in vivo and in vitro experiments that import of the essential histones is mediated mainly by the essential importin Pse1p, while the non-essential Kap114p functions in a parallel import pathway for H2A and H2B. ..
- Levendosky R, Sabantsev A, Deindl S, Bowman G. The Chd1 chromatin remodeler shifts hexasomes unidirectionally. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..We speculate that biased nucleosome and hexasome sliding due to asymmetry contributes to the packing of arrays observed in vivo. ..
- Lin C, Wu M, Gay S, Marjavaara L, Lai M, Hsiao W, et al. H2B mono-ubiquitylation facilitates fork stalling and recovery during replication stress by coordinating Rad53 activation and chromatin assembly. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004667 pubmed publisherThe influence of mono-ubiquitylation of histone H2B (H2Bub) on transcription via nucleosome reassembly has been widely documented...
- Wu Z, Liu J, Zhang Q, Lv D, Wu N, Zhou J. Rad6-Bre1-mediated H2B ubiquitination regulates telomere replication by promoting telomere-end resection. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:3308-3322 pubmed publisherRad6 and Bre1, ubiquitin-conjugating E2 and E3 enzymes respectively, are responsible for histone H2B lysine 123 mono-ubiquitination (H2Bub1) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Mekhail K, Seebacher J, Gygi S, Moazed D. Role for perinuclear chromosome tethering in maintenance of genome stability. Nature. 2008;456:667-70 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore reveal an ancient mechanism in which interactions between INM proteins and chromosomal proteins ensure genome stability. ..
- Lee J, Lee T. Single-Molecule Investigations on Histone H2A-H2B Dynamics in the Nucleosome. Biochemistry. 2017;56:977-985 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we suggest a mechanism by which histone chaperone facilitates H2A-H2B dimer displacement from the histone core without requiring another factor to unwrap the nucleosomal DNA. ..
- McBryant S, Park Y, Abernathy S, Laybourn P, Nyborg J, Luger K. Preferential binding of the histone (H3-H4)2 tetramer by NAP1 is mediated by the amino-terminal histone tails. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44574-83 pubmed..Our results are consistent with recent mechanistic investigations of NAP1 and expand our understanding of the histone chaperone family of assembly factors. ..
- Gelbart M, Rechsteiner T, Richmond T, Tsukiyama T. Interactions of Isw2 chromatin remodeling complex with nucleosomal arrays: analyses using recombinant yeast histones and immobilized templates. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2098-106 pubmed..These results demonstrate the utility of our in vitro system in studying interactions between chromatin-associated proteins and nucleosomal arrays. ..
- Harata M, Oma Y, Mizuno S, Jiang Y, Stillman D, Wintersberger U. The nuclear actin-related protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Act3p/Arp4, interacts with core histones. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2595-605 pubmed..We also show that a conditional act3 mutation affects chromatin structure of an episomal DNA molecule, indicating that the putative Act3p complex may be involved in the establishment, remodeling, or maintenance of chromatin structures. ..
- Schuster T, Han M, Grunstein M. Yeast histone H2A and H2B amino termini have interchangeable functions. Cell. 1986;45:445-51 pubmed..This supports the argument that the N-terminal end of one protein complements the function of the other. ..
- Kemble D, McCullough L, Whitby F, Formosa T, Hill C. FACT Disrupts Nucleosome Structure by Binding H2A-H2B with Conserved Peptide Motifs. Mol Cell. 2015;60:294-306 pubmed publisher..Moreover, unexpected similarity to binding of ANP32E and Swr1 with H2A.Z-H2B reveals that diverse H2A-H2B chaperones use common mechanisms of histone binding and regulating nucleosome functions. ..
- Martin D, Baetz K, Shi X, Walter K, MacDonald V, Wlodarski M, et al. The Yng1p plant homeodomain finger is a methyl-histone binding module that recognizes lysine 4-methylated histone H3. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7871-9 pubmed..These results identify a novel function for the Yng1p PHD finger in promoting stabilization of the NuA3 complex at chromatin through recognition of histone H3 lysine 4 methylation. ..
- Park Y, Chodaparambil J, Bao Y, McBryant S, Luger K. Nucleosome assembly protein 1 exchanges histone H2A-H2B dimers and assists nucleosome sliding. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1817-25 pubmed..NAP-1 may function either untargeted (if acting alone) or may be targeted to specific regions within the genome through interactions with additional factors. ..
- Albrecht D, Ceschin J, Dompierre J, Gueniot F, Pinson B, Daignan Fornier B. Chemo-Genetic Interactions Between Histone Modification and the Antiproliferation Drug AICAR Are Conserved in Yeast and Humans. Genetics. 2016;204:1447-1460 pubmed..Here, we found that loss of several histone-modifying enzymes, including Bre1 (histone H2B ubiquitination) and Set1 (histone H3 lysine 4 methylation), greatly enhanced AICAR inhibition on growth via the ..
- Schultz M, Hockman D, Harkness T, Garinther W, Altheim B. Chromatin assembly in a yeast whole-cell extract. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:9034-9 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the utility of this system for the combined biochemical and genetic analysis of chromatin assembly in yeast. ..
- Chen X, D Arcy S, Radebaugh C, Krzizike D, Giebler H, Huang L, et al. Histone Chaperone Nap1 Is a Major Regulator of Histone H2A-H2B Dynamics at the Inducible GAL Locus. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:1287-96 pubmed publisher..We also find that Nap1 is required for transcription-dependent H2A-H2B exchange. Altogether, these results indicate that Nap1 is essential for maintaining proper chromatin composition and modulating the exchange of H2A-H2B in vivo. ..
- Recht J, Osley M. Mutations in both the structured domain and N-terminus of histone H2B bypass the requirement for Swi-Snf in yeast. EMBO J. 1999;18:229-40 pubmed..To address this question, we generated mutations in yeast histone H2B that suppress phenotypes associated with the absence of Swi-Snf...
- Michel B, Komarnitsky P, Buratowski S. Histone-like TAFs are essential for transcription in vivo. Mol Cell. 1998;2:663-73 pubmed..Therefore, in contrast to previous studies in yeast that found only limited roles for TAFs in transcription, we find that the histone-like TAFs are generally required for in vivo transcription. ..
- Scott E, Pillus L. Homocitrate synthase connects amino acid metabolism to chromatin functions through Esa1 and DNA damage. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1903-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, Lys20 appears to have evolved as a bifunctional protein that connects cellular metabolism with chromatin functions. ..
- Farnung L, Vos S, Wigge C, Cramer P. Nucleosome-Chd1 structure and implications for chromatin remodelling. Nature. 2017;550:539-542 pubmed publisher..Translocation may involve ratcheting of the two lobes of the ATPase, which is trapped in a pre- or post-translocation state in the absence or presence, respectively, of transition state-mimicking compounds. ..
- Xu F, Zhang K, Grunstein M. Acetylation in histone H3 globular domain regulates gene expression in yeast. Cell. 2005;121:375-85 pubmed..These findings indicate that histone H3 K56 acetylation at the entry-exit gate enables recruitment of the SWI/SNF nucleosome remodeling complex and so regulates gene activity. ..
- Hecht A, Strahl Bolsinger S, Grunstein M. Spreading of transcriptional repressor SIR3 from telomeric heterochromatin. Nature. 1996;383:92-6 pubmed..Thus SIR3 is a structural component of yeast heterochromatin, repressing adjacent genes as it spreads along the chromosome. ..
- Luk E, Ranjan A, FitzGerald P, Mizuguchi G, Huang Y, Wei D, et al. Stepwise histone replacement by SWR1 requires dual activation with histone H2A.Z and canonical nucleosome. Cell. 2010;143:725-36 pubmed publisher..Z-H2B. These results suggest that the combination of H2A-containing nucleosome and free H2A.Z-H2B dimer acting as both effector and substrate for SWR1 governs the specificity and outcome of the replacement reaction. ..
- Dai J, Hyland E, Norris A, Boeke J. Yin and Yang of histone H2B roles in silencing and longevity: a tale of two arginines. Genetics. 2010;186:813-28 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found two arginine residues within histone H2B, which are specifically required to maintain either the telomeric or the rDNA silenct chromatin...
- Hossain M, Claggett J, Nguyen T, Johnson T. The cap binding complex influences H2B ubiquitination by facilitating splicing of the SUS1 pre-mRNA. RNA. 2009;15:1515-27 pubmed publisher..Here we show that splicing of one pre-messenger RNA, SUS1, a component of the histone H2B ubiquitin protease machinery, is essential for establishing the proper modification state of chromatin...
- Klucevsek K, Braun M, Arndt K. The Paf1 complex subunit Rtf1 buffers cells against the toxic effects of [PSI+] and defects in Rkr1-dependent protein quality control in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2012;191:1107-18 pubmed publisherThe Rtf1 subunit of the Paf1 complex is required for specific histone modifications, including histone H2B lysine 123 monoubiquitylation...
- Onishi M, Liou G, Buchberger J, Walz T, Moazed D. Role of the conserved Sir3-BAH domain in nucleosome binding and silent chromatin assembly. Mol Cell. 2007;28:1015-28 pubmed..Together, these observations suggest that the SIR complex associates with an extended chromatin fiber through interactions with two different regions in the nucleosome. ..
- Liu S, Xu Z, Leng H, Zheng P, Yang J, Chen K, et al. RPA binds histone H3-H4 and functions in DNA replication-coupled nucleosome assembly. Science. 2017;355:415-420 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that RPA functions as a platform for targeting histone deposition to replication fork, through which RPA couples nucleosome assembly with ongoing DNA replication. ..
- Tsui K, Simon L, Norris D. Progression into the first meiotic division is sensitive to histone H2A-H2B dimer concentration in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1997;145:647-59 pubmedThe yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae contains two genes for histone H2A and two for histone H2B located in two divergently transcribed gene pairs: HTA1-HTB1 and HTA2-HTB2...
- Zheng S, Crickard J, Srikanth A, Reese J. A highly conserved region within H2B is important for FACT to act on nucleosomes. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:303-14 pubmed publisher..We have uncovered a previously unappreciated role for the HBR domain in regulating chromatin structure and have provided insight into how FACT acts on nucleosomes. ..
- Dechassa M, Wyns K, Luger K. Scm3 deposits a (Cse4-H4)2 tetramer onto DNA through a Cse4-H4 dimer intermediate. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:5532-42 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we demonstrate that Cse4 and H3 are structurally compatible to be incorporated in the same nucleosome to form heterotypic particles. Our data shed light on the mechanism of Scm3-mediated nucleosome assembly at the centromere. ..
- Grant P, Eberharter A, John S, Cook R, Turner B, Workman J. Expanded lysine acetylation specificity of Gcn5 in native complexes. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5895-900 pubmed..Furthermore Ada and SAGA have overlapping, yet distinct, patterns of acetylation, suggesting that the association of specific subunits determines site specificity. ..
- Bonnet J, Wang Y, Spedale G, Atkinson R, Romier C, Hamiche A, et al. The structural plasticity of SCA7 domains defines their differential nucleosome-binding properties. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:612-8 pubmed publisher..The solution structures of the SCA7 domain of both ATXN7 and ATXN7L3 reveal a new, common zinc-finger motif at the heart of two distinct folds, providing a molecular basis for the observed functional differences. ..
- Piro A, Mayekar M, Warner M, Davis C, Arndt K. Small region of Rtf1 protein can substitute for complete Paf1 complex in facilitating global histone H2B ubiquitylation in yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:10837-42 pubmed publisher..Finally, the Rtf1 HMDs from other species can function in yeast. Our findings suggest a direct and conserved role for Paf1C in coupling histone modifications to transcription elongation. ..
- Gallego L, Ghodgaonkar Steger M, Polyansky A, Schubert T, Zagrovic B, Zheng N, et al. Structural mechanism for the recognition and ubiquitination of a single nucleosome residue by Rad6-Bre1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:10553-8 pubmed publisherCotranscriptional ubiquitination of histone H2B is key to gene regulation. The yeast E3 ubiquitin ligase Bre1 (human RNF20/40) pairs with the E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Rad6 to monoubiquitinate H2B at Lys123...
- Nathan D, Ingvarsdottir K, Sterner D, Bylebyl G, Dokmanovic M, Dorsey J, et al. Histone sumoylation is a negative regulator in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and shows dynamic interplay with positive-acting histone modifications. Genes Dev. 2006;20:966-76 pubmed..These results indicate that sumoylation is the first negative histone modification to be identified in S. cerevisiae and further suggest that sumoylation may serve as a general dynamic mark to oppose transcription. ..
- Chittuluru J, Chaban Y, Monnet Saksouk J, Carrozza M, Sapountzi V, Selleck W, et al. Structure and nucleosome interaction of the yeast NuA4 and Piccolo-NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complexes. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:1196-203 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide an understanding of the NuA4 subunit organization and the NuA4-NCP interactions. ..
- Fukuma M, Hiraoka Y, Sakurai H, Fukasawa T. Purification of yeast histones competent for nucleosome assembly in vitro. Yeast. 1994;10:319-31 pubmed..The length of DNA fragment wrapping around a core histone particle and the molar ratio of histone components in an assembled nucleosome particle were estimated to be 150 +/- 10 bp long and H2A:H2B:H3:H4 = 1.0:0.9:0:9:1.0, respectively. ..
- Compagnone Post P, Osley M. Mutations in the SPT4, SPT5, and SPT6 genes alter transcription of a subset of histone genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1996;143:1543-54 pubmed..show that mutations in the three SPT genes also affect transcription of the histone genes that reside at the HTA1-HTB1 locus...
- Sen P, Vivas P, Dechassa M, Mooney A, Poirier M, Bartholomew B. The SnAC domain of SWI/SNF is a histone anchor required for remodeling. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:360-70 pubmed publisher..While the SnAC domain targets both the ATPase domain and histones, the SnAC domain as a histone anchor plays a more critical role in remodeling because it is required to convert DNA translocation into nucleosome movement. ..
- Mosammaparast N, Jackson K, Guo Y, Brame C, Shabanowitz J, Hunt D, et al. Nuclear import of histone H2A and H2B is mediated by a network of karyopherins. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:251-62 pubmed..These data suggest that the import of H2A and H2B is mediated by a network of Kaps, in which Kap114p may play the major role. ..
- Herrero A, Moreno S. Lsm1 promotes genomic stability by controlling histone mRNA decay. EMBO J. 2011;30:2008-18 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that improper histone stoichiometry leads to genomic instability and highlight the importance of regulating histone mRNA decay in the tight control of histone levels in yeast. ..
- Du J, Nasir I, Benton B, Kladde M, Laurent B. Sth1p, a Saccharomyces cerevisiae Snf2p/Swi2p homolog, is an essential ATPase in RSC and differs from Snf/Swi in its interactions with histones and chromatin-associated proteins. Genetics. 1998;150:987-1005 pubmed..These results provide a framework for understanding the ATP-dependent RSC function in modeling chromatin and its connection to the cell cycle. ..
- Chang J, Winston F. Spt10 and Spt21 are required for transcriptional silencing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:118-29 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Spt10 and Spt21 control silencing in S. cerevisiae by altering chromatin structure through roles beyond the control of histone gene expression. ..
- Eriksson P, Mendiratta G, McLaughlin N, Wolfsberg T, Mariño Ramírez L, Pompa T, et al. Global regulation by the yeast Spt10 protein is mediated through chromatin structure and the histone upstream activating sequence elements. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9127-37 pubmed..No other high-affinity sites are predicted in the yeast genome. Thus, Spt10p is a sequence-specific activator of the histone genes, possessing a DNA-binding domain fused to a likely HAT domain. ..
- Martino F, Kueng S, Robinson P, Tsai Pflugfelder M, van Leeuwen F, Ziegler M, et al. Reconstitution of yeast silent chromatin: multiple contact sites and O-AADPR binding load SIR complexes onto nucleosomes in vitro. Mol Cell. 2009;33:323-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, in small cumulative steps, each Sir protein, unmodified histone domains, and contacts with DNA contribute to the stability of the silent chromatin complex. ..
- Aguilar Gurrieri C, Larabi A, Vinayachandran V, Patel N, Yen K, Reja R, et al. Structural evidence for Nap1-dependent H2A-H2B deposition and nucleosome assembly. EMBO J. 2016;35:1465-82 pubmed publisher..These findings establish the molecular basis for Nap1-mediated H2A-H2B deposition and nucleosome assembly. ..
- Shan X, Xue Z, Melese T. Yeast NPI46 encodes a novel prolyl cis-trans isomerase that is located in the nucleolus. J Cell Biol. 1994;126:853-62 pubmed..Thus, NPI46 binds to affinity columns that contain a wild-type histone H2B NLS but not a mutant H2B NLS that is incompetent for nuclear localization in vivo...
- Wu M, Lin C, Tseng H, Hsu F, Chen P, Kao C. H2B ubiquitylation and the histone chaperone Asf1 cooperatively mediate the formation and maintenance of heterochromatin silencing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8225-8238 pubmed publisher..Thus, the interplay between H2Hbub and Asf1 may fine-tune nucleosome dynamics and SIR protein recruitment, and represent an ongoing requirement for proper formation and maintenance of heterochromatin. ..
- Hsu J, Huang J, Meluh P, Laurent B. The yeast RSC chromatin-remodeling complex is required for kinetochore function in chromosome segregation. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3202-15 pubmed
- Klöckner C, Schneider M, Lutz S, Jani D, Kressler D, Stewart M, et al. Mutational uncoupling of the role of Sus1 in nuclear pore complex targeting of an mRNA export complex and histone H2B deubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12049-56 pubmed publisher..Sus1 mediates its different roles as a component of both the histone H2B deubiquitinating module (Sus1-Sgf11-Ubp8-Sgf73) of the SAGA (Spt-Ada-Gcn5 acetyltransferase) transcriptional co-..
- Hoffmann C, Neumann H. In Vivo Mapping of FACT-Histone Interactions Identifies a Role of Pob3 C-terminus in H2A-H2B Binding. ACS Chem Biol. 2015;10:2753-63 pubmed publisher..Deletion of acidic residues from the Pob3 C-terminus creates a hydroxyurea-sensitive phenotype in budding yeast, suggesting a potential role for this domain in DNA replication. ..
- Hodges A, Gloss L, Wyrick J. Residues in the Nucleosome Acidic Patch Regulate Histone Occupancy and Are Important for FACT Binding in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2017;206:1339-1348 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that residues in the nucleosome acidic patch promote histone occupancy and are important for FACT binding to H2A-H2B dimers in yeast. ..
- Yang X, Zaurin R, Beato M, Peterson C. Swi3p controls SWI/SNF assembly and ATP-dependent H2A-H2B displacement. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:540-7 pubmed..Our data indicate that H2A-H2B dimer loss is not an obligatory consequence of ATP-dependent DNA translocation, and furthermore they suggest that SWI/SNF is composed of at least four interdependent modules. ..
- Foster E, Downs J. Methylation of H3 K4 and K79 is not strictly dependent on H2B K123 ubiquitylation. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:631-8 pubmed publisher..However, additional mutations in H2B result in loss of H3 methylation when combined with htb1-K123R...
- Syntichaki P, Thireos G. The Gcn5.Ada complex potentiates the histone acetyltransferase activity of Gcn5. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24414-9 pubmed..Because Ada2 is required for the assembly of Gcn5, we conclude that one role for components of the Gcn5.Ada complex is the potentiation of its HAT activity. ..
- Hansen D, Zhou Z, Feng H, Miller Jenkins L, Bai Y, Kay L. Binding kinetics of histone chaperone Chz1 and variant histone H2A.Z-H2B by relaxation dispersion NMR spectroscopy. J Mol Biol. 2009;387:1-9 pubmed..Z-H2B to the chromatin remodeling complex, and the faster-than-diffusion association rate, 10(8) +/- 10(7) M(-1) s(-1), establishes the importance of attractive electrostatic interactions that form the chaperone-histone complex. ..
- Reed B, Locke M, Gardner R. A Conserved Deubiquitinating Enzyme Uses Intrinsically Disordered Regions to Scaffold Multiple Protein Interaction Sites. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:20601-12 pubmed publisher..This work highlights the significant protein interaction scaffolding abilities of IDRs in the regulation of dynamic protein ubiquitination. ..
- Liu Z, Myers L. Med5(Nut1) and Med17(Srb4) are direct targets of mediator histone H4 tail interactions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38416 pubmed publisher..This analysis has identified the Med5 subunit of Mediator as a target for histone tail interactions and suggests that the previously observed effect of med5 mutations on telomeric heterochromatin and silencing is direct. ..
- Crisucci E, Arndt K. The Paf1 complex represses ARG1 transcription in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by promoting histone modifications. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:712-23 pubmed publisher..Consistent with previous reports, histone H2B monoubiquitylation, the mark upstream of histone H3 lysine 4 methylation, is also important for ARG1 repression...