Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HTA1
Description: histone H2A
Alias: H2A1, SPT11, histone H2A
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Park Y, Sudhoff K, Andrews A, Stargell L, Luger K. Histone chaperone specificity in Rtt109 activation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:957-64 pubmed..Nap1 and Vps75 interact with histones and Rtt109 with comparable affinities. However, only Vps75 stimulates Rtt109 enzymatic activity. Our data highlight the functional specificity of Vps75 in Rtt109 activation. ..
- Myung K, Pennaneach V, Kats E, Kolodner R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae chromatin-assembly factors that act during DNA replication function in the maintenance of genome stability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:6640-5 pubmed..These results indicate that coupling of chromatin assembly to DNA replication and DNA repair is critical to maintaining genome stability. ..
- Libuda D, Winston F. Amplification of histone genes by circular chromosome formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nature. 2006;443:1003-7 pubmed..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the histones H2A and H2B are encoded by two gene pairs, named HTA1-HTB1 and HTA2-HTB2 (ref. 8)...
- Kobor M, Venkatasubrahmanyam S, Meneghini M, Gin J, Jennings J, Link A, et al. A protein complex containing the conserved Swi2/Snf2-related ATPase Swr1p deposits histone variant H2A.Z into euchromatin. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E131 pubmed..Z functions in euchromatin to antagonize the spread of heterochromatin. The mechanism by which histone H2A is replaced by H2A.Z in the nucleosome is unknown...
- Clarke A, Lowell J, Jacobson S, Pillus L. Esa1p is an essential histone acetyltransferase required for cell cycle progression. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2515-26 pubmed..These observations therefore link an essential HAT activity to cell cycle progression, potentially through discrete transcriptional regulatory events. ..
- Papamichos Chronakis M, Watanabe S, Rando O, Peterson C. Global regulation of H2A.Z localization by the INO80 chromatin-remodeling enzyme is essential for genome integrity. Cell. 2011;144:200-13 pubmed publisher..Z/H2B with free H2A/H2B dimers. Genetic interactions between ino80 and htz1 support a model in which INO80 catalyzes the removal of unacetylated H2A.Z from chromatin as a mechanism to promote genome stability. ..
- Feser J, Truong D, Das C, Carson J, KIEFT J, Harkness T, et al. Elevated histone expression promotes life span extension. Mol Cell. 2010;39:724-35 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that maintenance of the fundamental chromatin structure is critical for slowing down the aging process and reveals that increasing the histone supply extends life span. ..
- Santisteban M, Arents G, Moudrianakis E, Smith M. Histone octamer function in vivo: mutations in the dimer-tetramer interfaces disrupt both gene activation and repression. EMBO J. 1997;16:2493-506 pubmed..These results demonstrate the critical role of histone dimer-tetramer interactions in vivo, and define their essential role in the expression of genes regulating G1 cell cycle progression. ..
- Ramey C, Howar S, Adkins M, Linger J, Spicer J, Tyler J. Activation of the DNA damage checkpoint in yeast lacking the histone chaperone anti-silencing function 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10313-27 pubmed
- Park Y, Chodaparambil J, Bao Y, McBryant S, Luger K. Nucleosome assembly protein 1 exchanges histone H2A-H2B dimers and assists nucleosome sliding. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1817-25 pubmed..NAP-1 may function either untargeted (if acting alone) or may be targeted to specific regions within the genome through interactions with additional factors. ..
- D Arcy S, Martin K, Panchenko T, Chen X, Bergeron S, Stargell L, et al. Chaperone Nap1 shields histone surfaces used in a nucleosome and can put H2A-H2B in an unconventional tetrameric form. Mol Cell. 2013;51:662-77 pubmed publisherThe histone H2A-H2B heterodimer is an integral component of the nucleosome...
- Camahort R, Shivaraju M, Mattingly M, Li B, Nakanishi S, Zhu D, et al. Cse4 is part of an octameric nucleosome in budding yeast. Mol Cell. 2009;35:794-805 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our experimental evidence supports the model that the Cse4 nucleosome is an octamer, containing two copies each of Cse4, H2A, H2B, and H4. ..
- Mizuguchi G, Shen X, Landry J, Wu W, Sen S, Wu C. ATP-driven exchange of histone H2AZ variant catalyzed by SWR1 chromatin remodeling complex. Science. 2004;303:343-8 pubmed..is the catalytic core of a multisubunit, histone-variant exchanger that efficiently replaces conventional histone H2A with histone H2AZ in nucleosome arrays...
- VanDemark A, Xin H, McCullough L, Rawlins R, Bentley S, Heroux A, et al. Structural and functional analysis of the Spt16p N-terminal domain reveals overlapping roles of yFACT subunits. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5058-68 pubmed..Instead, both potential binding sites interact functionally with the C-terminal docking domain of the histone H2A. yFACT therefore appears to make multiple contacts with different sites within nucleosomes, and these ..
- Wyce A, Xiao T, Whelan K, Kosman C, Walter W, Eick D, et al. H2B ubiquitylation acts as a barrier to Ctk1 nucleosomal recruitment prior to removal by Ubp8 within a SAGA-related complex. Mol Cell. 2007;27:275-88 pubmed..These findings reveal a mechanism by which H2B ubiquitylation acts as a barrier to Ctk1 association with active genes, while subsequent deubiquitylation by Ubp8 triggers Ctk1 recruitment at the appropriate point in activation. ..
- Shen X, Ranallo R, Choi E, Wu C. Involvement of actin-related proteins in ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling. Mol Cell. 2003;12:147-55 pubmed..GST-Arp8 binds preferentially to histones H3 and H4 in vitro, suggesting a histone chaperone function. These findings show direct involvement of Arps in the chromatin-remodeling process. ..
- Hornung P, Troć P, Malvezzi F, Maier M, Demianova Z, Zimniak T, et al. A cooperative mechanism drives budding yeast kinetochore assembly downstream of CENP-A. J Cell Biol. 2014;206:509-24 pubmed publisher..This two-step mechanism may protect against inappropriate kinetochore assembly similar to rate-limiting nucleation steps used by cytoskeletal polymers. ..
- Liu S, Xu Z, Leng H, Zheng P, Yang J, Chen K, et al. RPA binds histone H3-H4 and functions in DNA replication-coupled nucleosome assembly. Science. 2017;355:415-420 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that RPA functions as a platform for targeting histone deposition to replication fork, through which RPA couples nucleosome assembly with ongoing DNA replication. ..
- Pinto I, Winston F. Histone H2A is required for normal centromere function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO J. 2000;19:1598-612 pubmed..In this work, we describe the characterization of two Saccharomyces cerevisiae cold-sensitive histone H2A mutants...
- Mosammaparast N, Jackson K, Guo Y, Brame C, Shabanowitz J, Hunt D, et al. Nuclear import of histone H2A and H2B is mediated by a network of karyopherins. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:251-62 pubmed..We show here that the import of histone H2A and H2B is mediated by several members of the karyopherin (Kap; importin) family...
- Martino F, Kueng S, Robinson P, Tsai Pflugfelder M, van Leeuwen F, Ziegler M, et al. Reconstitution of yeast silent chromatin: multiple contact sites and O-AADPR binding load SIR complexes onto nucleosomes in vitro. Mol Cell. 2009;33:323-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, in small cumulative steps, each Sir protein, unmodified histone domains, and contacts with DNA contribute to the stability of the silent chromatin complex. ..
- Dollard C, Ricupero Hovasse S, Natsoulis G, Boeke J, Winston F. SPT10 and SPT21 are required for transcription of particular histone genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:5223-8 pubmedThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome contains four loci that encode histone proteins. Two of these loci, HTA1-HTB1 and HTA2-HTB2, each encode histones H2A and H2B. The other two loci, HHT1-HHF1 and HHT2-HHF2, each encode histones H3 and H4...
- Grant P, Eberharter A, John S, Cook R, Turner B, Workman J. Expanded lysine acetylation specificity of Gcn5 in native complexes. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5895-900 pubmed..Furthermore Ada and SAGA have overlapping, yet distinct, patterns of acetylation, suggesting that the association of specific subunits determines site specificity. ..
- Gallego L, Ghodgaonkar Steger M, Polyansky A, Schubert T, Zagrovic B, Zheng N, et al. Structural mechanism for the recognition and ubiquitination of a single nucleosome residue by Rad6-Bre1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:10553-8 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a mechanism that ensures site-specific NCP ubiquitination and fine-tuning of opposing enzymatic activities. ..
- Syntichaki P, Thireos G. The Gcn5.Ada complex potentiates the histone acetyltransferase activity of Gcn5. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24414-9 pubmed..Because Ada2 is required for the assembly of Gcn5, we conclude that one role for components of the Gcn5.Ada complex is the potentiation of its HAT activity. ..
- Eriksson P, Mendiratta G, McLaughlin N, Wolfsberg T, Mariño Ramírez L, Pompa T, et al. Global regulation by the yeast Spt10 protein is mediated through chromatin structure and the histone upstream activating sequence elements. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9127-37 pubmed..No other high-affinity sites are predicted in the yeast genome. Thus, Spt10p is a sequence-specific activator of the histone genes, possessing a DNA-binding domain fused to a likely HAT domain. ..
- Hodges J, Leslie J, Mosammaparast N, Guo Y, Shabanowitz J, Hunt D, et al. Nuclear import of TFIIB is mediated by Kap114p, a karyopherin with multiple cargo-binding domains. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3200-10 pubmed..The import of more than one cargo at a time would increase the efficiency of each import cycle and may allow the regulation of coimported cargoes. ..
- Zhang M, Liu H, Gao Y, Zhu Z, Chen Z, Zheng P, et al. Structural Insights into the Association of Hif1 with Histones H2A-H2B Dimer and H3-H4 Tetramer. Structure. 2016;24:1810-1820 pubmed publisher..These specificities are conserved features of the Sim3-Hif1-NASP interrupted tetratricopeptide repeat proteins, which provide clues for investigating their potential roles in nucleosome (dis)assembly. ..
- Wyatt H, Liaw H, Green G, Lustig A. Multiple roles for Saccharomyces cerevisiae histone H2A in telomere position effect, Spt phenotypes and double-strand-break repair. Genetics. 2003;164:47-64 pubmed..However, the function of histone H2A in TPE is unknown...
- Simoneau A, Ricard Ã, Weber S, Hammond Martel I, Wong L, Sellam A, et al. Chromosome-wide histone deacetylation by sirtuins prevents hyperactivation of DNA damage-induced signaling upon replicative stress. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2706-26 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data support the concept that chromosome-wide histone deacetylation by sirtuins is critical to mitigate growth defects caused by endogenous genotoxins. ..
- Dobi K, Winston F. Analysis of transcriptional activation at a distance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5575-86 pubmed..These screens identified four loci, SIN4, SPT2, SPT10, and HTA1-HTB1, with sin4 mutations being the strongest. Our results strongly suggest that long-distance activation in S...
- Hoffmann C, Neumann H. In Vivo Mapping of FACT-Histone Interactions Identifies a Role of Pob3 C-terminus in H2A-H2B Binding. ACS Chem Biol. 2015;10:2753-63 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, we found the acidic C-terminus of Pob3 forming cross-links to histone H2A and H2B most efficiently...
- Sen P, Vivas P, Dechassa M, Mooney A, Poirier M, Bartholomew B. The SnAC domain of SWI/SNF is a histone anchor required for remodeling. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:360-70 pubmed publisher..While the SnAC domain targets both the ATPase domain and histones, the SnAC domain as a histone anchor plays a more critical role in remodeling because it is required to convert DNA translocation into nucleosome movement. ..
- Compagnone Post P, Osley M. Mutations in the SPT4, SPT5, and SPT6 genes alter transcription of a subset of histone genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1996;143:1543-54 pubmed..we show that mutations in the three SPT genes also affect transcription of the histone genes that reside at the HTA1-HTB1 locus...
- Fries T, Betz C, Sohn K, Caesar S, Schlenstedt G, Bailer S. A novel conserved nuclear localization signal is recognized by a group of yeast importins. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19292-301 pubmed..Interestingly, the same importins mediate nuclear transport of histone H2A. Based on mutational analysis and sequence comparison with a region mediating nuclear import of histone H2A, we ..
- Clerici M, Trovesi C, Galbiati A, Lucchini G, Longhese M. Mec1/ATR regulates the generation of single-stranded DNA that attenuates Tel1/ATM signaling at DNA ends. EMBO J. 2014;33:198-216 pubmed publisher..Thus, Mec1 regulates the generation of ssDNA at DSBs, and this control is important to coordinate Mec1 and Tel1 signaling activities at these breaks. ..
- Galdieri L, Zhang T, Rogerson D, Vancura A. Reduced Histone Expression or a Defect in Chromatin Assembly Induces Respiration. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:1064-77 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that altered chromatin structure relieves glucose repression of mitochondrial respiration by inducing transcription of the TCA cycle and OXPHOS genes carried by both nuclear and mitochondrial DNA. ..
- Hecht A, Strahl Bolsinger S, Grunstein M. Spreading of transcriptional repressor SIR3 from telomeric heterochromatin. Nature. 1996;383:92-6 pubmed..Thus SIR3 is a structural component of yeast heterochromatin, repressing adjacent genes as it spreads along the chromosome. ..
- Greiner M, Caesar S, Schlenstedt G. The histones H2A/H2B and H3/H4 are imported into the yeast nucleus by different mechanisms. Eur J Cell Biol. 2004;83:511-20 pubmed..We conclude from our in vivo and in vitro experiments that import of the essential histones is mediated mainly by the essential importin Pse1p, while the non-essential Kap114p functions in a parallel import pathway for H2A and H2B. ..
- Eapen V, Sugawara N, Tsabar M, Wu W, Haber J. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae chromatin remodeler Fun30 regulates DNA end resection and checkpoint deactivation. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4727-40 pubmed publisher..2 kb/h. We also found that the resection rate is reduced by DNA damage-induced phosphorylation of histone H2A-S129 (?-H2AX) and that Fun30 interacts preferentially with nucleosomes in which H2A-S129 is not phosphorylated...
- Rothenbusch U, Sawatzki M, Chang Y, Caesar S, Schlenstedt G. Sumoylation regulates Kap114-mediated nuclear transport. EMBO J. 2012;31:2461-72 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, sumoylation of Kap114 greatly stimulates cargo dissociation in vitro. We propose that sumoylation occurs at the site of Kap114 cargo function and that SUMO is a cargo release factor involved in intranuclear targeting. ..
- Schuster T, Han M, Grunstein M. Yeast histone H2A and H2B amino termini have interchangeable functions. Cell. 1986;45:445-51 pubmed..Deletions at the N and C termini of yeast histones H2B2 and H2A1 do not obviously affect the cell's viability under normal growth conditions...
- Good P, Kendall A, Ignatz Hoover J, Miller E, Pai D, Rivera S, et al. Silencing near tRNA genes is nucleosome-mediated and distinct from boundary element function. Gene. 2013;526:7-15 pubmed publisher..Models for communication between the tRNA gene transcription complexes and local chromatin are discussed. ..
- Gerhold C, Winkler D, Lakomek K, Seifert F, Fenn S, Kessler B, et al. Structure of Actin-related protein 8 and its contribution to nucleosome binding. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:11036-46 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Arp4 prefers free (H3-H4)(2) over nucleosomes and may serve remodelers through binding to (dis)assembly intermediates in the remodeling reaction. ..
- Keogh M, Kim J, Downey M, Fillingham J, Chowdhury D, Harrison J, et al. A phosphatase complex that dephosphorylates gammaH2AX regulates DNA damage checkpoint recovery. Nature. 2006;439:497-501 pubmed..Budding-yeast histone H2A is phosphorylated in a similar manner by the checkpoint kinases Tel1 and Mec1 (ref...
- Kawashima S, Nakabayashi Y, Matsubara K, Sano N, Enomoto T, Tanaka K, et al. Global analysis of core histones reveals nucleosomal surfaces required for chromosome bi-orientation. EMBO J. 2011;30:3353-67 pubmed publisher..In addition, the pericentromeric localization of Htz1, the histone H2A variant, was impaired in H4-L97A cells...
- Wilkins B, Rall N, Ostwal Y, Kruitwagen T, Hiragami Hamada K, Winkler M, et al. A cascade of histone modifications induces chromatin condensation in mitosis. Science. 2014;343:77-80 pubmed publisher..This cascade of events provides a condensin-independent driving force of chromatin hypercondensation during mitosis. ..
- Kanta H, Laprade L, Almutairi A, Pinto I. Suppressor analysis of a histone defect identifies a new function for the hda1 complex in chromosome segregation. Genetics. 2006;173:435-50 pubmed..Specific mutations in HTA1, one of the two Saccharomyces cerevisiae genes encoding histone H2A, have been previously shown to cause chromosome segregation defects, including an increase in ploidy associated ..
- Huang F, Ramakrishnan S, Pokhrel S, Pflueger C, Parnell T, Kasten M, et al. Interaction of the Jhd2 Histone H3 Lys-4 Demethylase with Chromatin Is Controlled by Histone H2A Surfaces and Restricted by H2B Ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:28760-77 pubmed publisher..We report a novel interaction between the Jhd2 PHD finger and histone H2A. Two residues in H2A (Phe-26 and Glu-57) serve as a binding site for Jhd2 in vitro and mediate its chromatin ..
- Lindstrom K, Vary J, Parthun M, Delrow J, Tsukiyama T. Isw1 functions in parallel with the NuA4 and Swr1 complexes in stress-induced gene repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6117-29 pubmed..In contrast to a recruitment-based model, we find that the NuA4 and Swr1 complexes act throughout the genome while only a specific subset of the genome shows alterations in transcription. ..
- Hammet A, Magill C, Heierhorst J, Jackson S. Rad9 BRCT domain interaction with phosphorylated H2AX regulates the G1 checkpoint in budding yeast. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:851-7 pubmedPhosphorylation of histone H2A or H2AX is an early and sensitive marker of DNA damage in eukaryotic cells, although mutation of the conserved damage-dependent phosphorylation site is well tolerated...
- Tosi A, Haas C, Herzog F, Gilmozzi A, Berninghausen O, Ungewickell C, et al. Structure and subunit topology of the INO80 chromatin remodeler and its nucleosome complex. Cell. 2013;154:1207-19 pubmed publisher..Our analysis establishes a structural and functional framework for this family of large remodelers...
- Mayer M, Pot I, Chang M, Xu H, Aneliunas V, Kwok T, et al. Identification of protein complexes required for efficient sister chromatid cohesion. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1736-45 pubmed..Furthermore, we find that genes involved in mitotic spindle integrity and positioning have a previously unrecognized role in sister chromatid cohesion. ..
- Chen X, D Arcy S, Radebaugh C, Krzizike D, Giebler H, Huang L, et al. Histone Chaperone Nap1 Is a Major Regulator of Histone H2A-H2B Dynamics at the Inducible GAL Locus. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:1287-96 pubmed publisher..When the GAL locus is not expressed, cells lacking Nap1 show an accumulation of histone H2A-H2B but not histone H3-H4 at this locus...
- Manandhar S, Ricarte F, Cocca S, Gharakhanian E. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Env7 is a novel serine/threonine kinase 16-related protein kinase and negatively regulates organelle fusion at the lysosomal vacuole. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:526-42 pubmed publisher..We propose that Env7 function in fusion/fission dynamics may be conserved within the endomembrane system. ..
- James A, Cocheme H, Murai M, Miyoshi H, Murphy M. Complementation of coenzyme Q-deficient yeast by coenzyme Q analogues requires the isoprenoid side chain. FEBS J. 2010;277:2067-82 pubmed publisher..Here we suggest that CoQ or its redox state may be a signal for growth during the shift to respiration. ..
- Shen H, Zhu Y, Wang C, Yan H, Teng M, Li X. Structural and histone binding ability characterization of the ARB2 domain of a histone deacetylase Hda1 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Sci Rep. 2016;6:33905 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data report the first structure of the ARB2 domain and disclose its histone binding ability, which is of benefit for understanding the deacetylation reaction catalyzed by the class II Hda1 HDAC complex. ..
- Jablonowski C, Cussiol J, Oberly S, Yimit A, Balint A, Kim T, et al. Termination of Replication Stress Signaling via Concerted Action of the Slx4 Scaffold and the PP4 Phosphatase. Genetics. 2015;201:937-49 pubmed publisher..We propose that the proper spatial coordination of the Slx4 scaffold and PP4 action is crucial to allow timely activation of Mus81-Mms4 and, therefore, proper chromosome segregation. ..
- Lee J, Lee T. Single-Molecule Investigations on Histone H2A-H2B Dynamics in the Nucleosome. Biochemistry. 2017;56:977-985 pubmed publisher..In particular, histone H2A-H2B dimer displacement in the nucleosome is one of the most important and earliest steps of histone ..
- Liu H, Zhang M, He W, Zhu Z, Teng M, Gao Y, et al. Structural insights into yeast histone chaperone Hif1: a scaffold protein recruiting protein complexes to core histones. Biochem J. 2014;462:465-73 pubmed publisher..By binding to the core histone complex Hif1 may recruit functional protein complexes to modify histones during chromatin reassembly. ..
- Scott E, Pillus L. Homocitrate synthase connects amino acid metabolism to chromatin functions through Esa1 and DNA damage. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1903-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, Lys20 appears to have evolved as a bifunctional protein that connects cellular metabolism with chromatin functions. ..
- Grunstein M. Histone function in transcription. Annu Rev Cell Biol. 1990;6:643-78 pubmed
- Kim J, Hsu J, Smith M, Allis C. Mutagenesis of pairwise combinations of histone amino-terminal tails reveals functional redundancy in budding yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:5779-84 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data suggest that the N-tails of core histones share previously unrecognized, potentially redundant functions that, in some cases are different from those of the widely accepted H2A/H2B and H3/H4 dimer pairs. ..
- Manfrini N, Clerici M, Wery M, Colombo C, Descrimes M, Morillon A, et al. Resection is responsible for loss of transcription around a double-strand break in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Therefore, the conversion of the DSB ends from double-stranded to single-stranded DNA, which is necessary to initiate DSB repair by homologous recombination, is responsible for loss of transcription around a DSB in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Harvey A, Jackson S, Downs J. Saccharomyces cerevisiae histone H2A Ser122 facilitates DNA repair. Genetics. 2005;170:543-53 pubmed..We previously demonstrated that Ser129 in the carboxyl-terminal tail of yeast histone H2A is important for double-strand-break responses...
- Jeronimo C, Watanabe S, Kaplan C, Peterson C, Robert F. The Histone Chaperones FACT and Spt6 Restrict H2A.Z from Intragenic Locations. Mol Cell. 2015;58:1113-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, chaperone-mediated H2A.Z confinement is crucial for restricting the chromatin signature of gene promoters that otherwise may license or promote cryptic transcription. ..
- Najor N, Weatherford L, Brush G. Prevention of DNA Rereplication Through a Meiotic Recombination Checkpoint Response. G3 (Bethesda). 2016;6:3869-3881 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation of histone H2A, which is catalyzed by Mec1 and the related Tel1 protein kinase in response to DSBs, and can help coordinate ..
- Gardner J, Smoyer C, Stensrud E, Alexander R, Gogol M, Wiegraebe W, et al. Targeting of the SUN protein Mps3 to the inner nuclear membrane by the histone variant H2A.Z. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:489-507 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that H2A.Z is required to target a soluble Mps3 fragment to the nucleus and to localize full-length Mps3 in the INM, indicating that H2A.Z has a novel chromatin-independent function in INM targeting of SUN proteins. ..
- Morillo Huesca M, Clemente Ruiz M, Andújar E, Prado F. The SWR1 histone replacement complex causes genetic instability and genome-wide transcription misregulation in the absence of H2A.Z. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12143 pubmed publisherThe SWR1 complex replaces the canonical histone H2A with the variant H2A.Z (Htz1 in yeast) at specific chromatin regions...