Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSP60
Description: chaperone ATPase HSP60
Alias: CPN60, MIF4, MNA2, chaperone ATPase HSP60
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Chacinska A, Rehling P, Guiard B, Frazier A, Schulze Specking A, Pfanner N, et al. Mitochondrial translocation contact sites: separation of dynamic and stabilizing elements in formation of a TOM-TIM-preprotein supercomplex. EMBO J. 2003;22:5370-81 pubmed..Thus, Tim50 functions as a dynamic factor and the IMS domain of Tom22 represents a stabilizing element in formation of a productive translocation contact site supercomplex. ..
- Marom M, Dayan D, Demishtein Zohary K, Mokranjac D, Neupert W, Azem A. Direct interaction of mitochondrial targeting presequences with purified components of the TIM23 protein complex. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:43809-15 pubmed publisher..we demonstrate, for the first time, the ability of purified Tim50IMS and Tim44 to interact directly with the yeast Hsp60 presequence...
- Staresincic L, Walker J, Dirac Svejstrup A, Mitter R, Svejstrup J. GTP-dependent binding and nuclear transport of RNA polymerase II by Npa3 protein. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35553-61 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that Npa3 defines an unconventional pathway for nuclear import of RNAPII, which involves GTP-dependent binding of Npa3 to the polymerase. ..
- Hallberg E, Shu Y, Hallberg R. Loss of mitochondrial hsp60 function: nonequivalent effects on matrix-targeted and intermembrane-targeted proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:3050-7 pubmedWe have created yeast strains in which the mitochondrial chaperonin, hsp60, can be either physically depleted or functionally inactivated...
- Cheng M, Hartl F, Horwich A. The mitochondrial chaperonin hsp60 is required for its own assembly. Nature. 1990;348:455-8 pubmedHeatshock protein 60 (hsp60) in the matrix of mitochondria is essential for the folding and assembly of newly imported proteins...
- Chen X, Wang X, Kaufman B, Butow R. Aconitase couples metabolic regulation to mitochondrial DNA maintenance. Science. 2005;307:714-7 pubmed..When constitutively expressed, Aco1p can replace the mtDNA packaging function of the high-mobility-group protein Abf2p. Thus, Aco1p may integrate metabolic signals and mtDNA maintenance. ..
- Shia W, Osada S, Florens L, Swanson S, Washburn M, Workman J. Characterization of the yeast trimeric-SAS acetyltransferase complex. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:11987-94 pubmed..This specific lysine preference corresponds to the role of SAS complex in antagonizing the spreading of Sir proteins at silent loci in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Mnaimneh S, Davierwala A, Haynes J, Moffat J, Peng W, Zhang W, et al. Exploration of essential gene functions via titratable promoter alleles. Cell. 2004;118:31-44 pubmed..We furthermore show that these strains are compatible with automated genetic analysis. This study underscores the importance of analyzing mutant phenotypes and provides a resource to complement the yeast knockout collection. ..
- Rospert S, Glick B, Jeno P, Schatz G, Todd M, Lorimer G, et al. Identification and functional analysis of chaperonin 10, the groES homolog from yeast mitochondria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10967-71 pubmedChaperonin 60 (cpn60) and chaperonin 10 (cpn10) constitute the chaperonin system in prokaryotes, mitochondria, and chloroplasts. In Escherichia coli, these two chaperonins are also termed groEL and groES...
- Ziv I, Matiuhin Y, Kirkpatrick D, Erpapazoglou Z, Leon S, Pantazopoulou M, et al. A perturbed ubiquitin landscape distinguishes between ubiquitin in trafficking and in proteolysis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M111.009753 pubmed publisher..We conclude that despite the shared use of the ubiquitin molecule, the two branches of the ubiquitin machinery--the ubiquitin-proteasome system and the ubiquitin trafficking system--were unevenly perturbed by expression of K0 ubiquitin. ..
- Schwock J, Kirchberger J, Edelmann A, Kriegel T, Kopperschläger G. Interaction of 6-phosphofructokinase with cytosolic proteins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2004;21:483-94 pubmed..Western blot analysis identified the mitochondrial chaperonin Hsp60, as well as the cytoskeleton proteins alpha-tubulin and actin, in complexes with Pfk-1 that were co-precipitated ..
- Nekrasov V, Smith M, Peak Chew S, Kilmartin J. Interactions between centromere complexes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4931-46 pubmed..These results show an increasingly complex structure for the S. cerevisiae centromere and a probable conservation of structure between parts of the centromeres of S. cerevisiae and S. pombe. ..
- Cheng M, Hartl F, Martin J, Pollock R, Kalousek F, Neupert W, et al. Mitochondrial heat-shock protein hsp60 is essential for assembly of proteins imported into yeast mitochondria. Nature. 1989;337:620-5 pubmedA nuclear encoded mitochondrial heat-shock protein hsp60 is required for the assembly into oligomeric complexes of proteins imported into the mitochondrial matrix...
- BÃ¶ttinger L, Oeljeklaus S, Guiard B, Rospert S, Warscheid B, Becker T. Mitochondrial heat shock protein (Hsp) 70 and Hsp10 cooperate in the formation of Hsp60 complexes. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:11611-22 pubmed publisher..The chaperonin Hsp60, together with its cofactor Hsp10, catalyzes folding of a subset of mtHsp70 client proteins...
- Dubaquie Y, Looser R, Rospert S. Significance of chaperonin 10-mediated inhibition of ATP hydrolysis by chaperonin 60. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:9011-6 pubmed..We have functionally characterized the yeast mitochondrial chaperonins hsp60 and hsp10. In the presence of ADP, one molecule of hsp10 binds to hsp60 with an apparent Kd of 0...