Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSP26
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- A chaperone pathway in protein disaggregation. Hsp26 alters the nature of protein aggregates to facilitate reactivation by Hsp104Anil G Cashikar
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02143, USA
J Biol Chem 280:23869-75. 2005..The small heat shock proteins, Hsp26 and Hsp42, also function in the recovery of misfolded proteins and prevent aggregation in vitro, but their in vivo ..
- Disassembling protein aggregates in the yeast cytosol. The cooperation of Hsp26 with Ssa1 and Hsp104Martin Haslbeck
Department Chemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, D 85747 Garching, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:23861-8. 2005..Specifically, we characterized the influence of Hsp104 and Ssa1 on the disassembly of Hsp26 x substrate complexes in vitro and in vivo...
- Activation of the chaperone Hsp26 is controlled by the rearrangement of its thermosensor domainTitus M Franzmann
Department Chemie, Center for Integrative Protein Science Munich, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
Mol Cell 29:207-16. 2008..In the yeast S. cerevisiae, the molecular chaperone Hsp26 is one component of the heat shock response...
- Hsp26: a temperature-regulated chaperoneM Haslbeck
Institut fur Organische Chemie und Biochemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, D 85747 Garching, Germany
EMBO J 18:6744-51. 1999..Here we show that Hsp26, an sHsp from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is a temperature-regulated molecular chaperone...
- Functional rescue of mutant human cystathionine beta-synthase by manipulation of Hsp26 and Hsp70 levels in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeLaishram R Singh
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4238-45. 2009..We demonstrate that Hsp70 and Hsp26 bind specifically to I278T but that these chaperones have opposite biological effects...
- Dissociation of the H3K36 demethylase Rph1 from chromatin mediates derepression of environmental stress-response genes under genotoxic stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeChung Yi Liang
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10051, Taiwan
Mol Biol Cell 24:3251-62. 2013..Our findings confirm the regulatory role of Rph1 as a transcriptional repressor and reveal that Rph1 might be a regulatory node connecting different signaling pathways responding to environmental stresses...
- Structural basis for the assembly and nucleic acid binding of the TREX-2 transcription-export complexAndrew M Ellisdon
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:328-36. 2012....
- Small heat shock proteins potentiate amyloid dissolution by protein disaggregases from yeast and humansMartin L Duennwald
Boston Biomedical Research Institute, Watertown, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Biol 10:e1001346. 2012..Here, we establish that yeast sHsps, Hsp26 and Hsp42, inhibit prionogenesis by the [PSI+] prion protein, Sup35, via distinct and synergistic mechanisms...
- Mot1-mediated control of transcription complex assembly and activityArindam Dasgupta
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0733, USA
EMBO J 24:1717-29. 2005..We find that the Mot1-repressed HSP26 and INO1 promoters are both regulated by TBP recruitment; inactivation of Mot1 leads to increased PIC formation ..
- Protein kinase A regulates constitutive expression of small heat-shock genes in an Msn2/4p-independent and Hsf1p-dependent manner in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeScott B Ferguson
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104 6059, USA
Genetics 169:1203-14. 2005..this negative regulation, we developed a novel genetic selection that detects altered expression from the HSP26 promoter...
- Cell cycle-dependent assembly of a Gin4-septin complexEric M Mortensen
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Sinsheimer Labs, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95065, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:2091-105. 2002..In addition, these results provide clues to how Gin4 may regulate the localization or function of the septins...
- Activation of mutant enzyme function in vivo by proteasome inhibitors and treatments that induce Hsp70Laishram R Singh
Cancer Genetics and Signaling Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1000807. 2010..CBS) expressed in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by exposure to ethanol, proteasome inhibitors, or deletion of the Hsp26 small heat shock protein...
- Stress tolerance of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae adenylate cyclase fil1 (CYR1) mutant depends on Hsp26Cristina R Vianna
Departamento de Microbiologia, ICB, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, CDTN, CNEM, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 19:140-6. 2010..putative downstream factors of the PKA pathway was investigated and here we show that the small heat-shock protein Hsp26 is required for the high heat stress tolerance of the fil1 mutant, both in stationary phase cells as well as ..
- The intracellular location of yeast heat-shock protein 26 varies with metabolismJ M Rossi
Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
J Cell Biol 108:425-39. 1989..specific for heat-shock protein (hsp)26, the unique small hsp of yeast, and mutants carrying a deletion of the HSP26 gene were used to examine the physical properties of the protein and to determine its intracellular distribution...