Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSL7
Description: protein arginine N-methyltransferase
Alias: protein arginine N-methyltransferase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- McMillan J, Theesfeld C, Harrison J, Bardes E, Lew D. Determinants of Swe1p degradation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3560-75 pubmed..The other region did not appear to affect interactions with known Swe1p regulators, suggesting that other as-yet-unknown regulators exist. ..
- Theesfeld C, Zyla T, Bardes E, Lew D. A monitor for bud emergence in the yeast morphogenesis checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3280-91 pubmed..We discuss models for translating cellular geometry (in this case, the emergence of a bud) into biochemical signals regulating cell proliferation. ..
- Szkotnicki L, Crutchley J, Zyla T, Bardes E, Lew D. The checkpoint kinase Hsl1p is activated by Elm1p-dependent phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4675-86 pubmed publisher..We identified elm1 mutants in a screen for defects in Swe1p degradation and show that a phosphomimic T273E mutation in HSL1 bypasses the need for Elm1p in this pathway. ..
- Ruault M, Pillus L. Chromatin-modifiying enzymes are essential when the Saccharomyces cerevisiae morphogenesis checkpoint is constitutively activated. Genetics. 2006;174:1135-49 pubmed..b>HSL7 is also essential in the absence of the N-terminal tails of histones H3 or H4...
- Kang H, Tsygankov D, Lew D. Sensing a bud in the yeast morphogenesis checkpoint: a role for Elm1. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1764-75 pubmed publisher..Swe1 is localized to the septin cytoskeleton at the bud neck by the Swe1-binding protein Hsl7. Neck localization of Swe1 is required for Swe1 degradation...
- Yasutis K, Vignali M, Ryder M, Tameire F, Dighe S, Fields S, et al. Zds2p regulates Swe1p-dependent polarized cell growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae via a novel Cdc55p interaction domain. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:4373-86 pubmed publisher..This negative regulation requires the CDC55 gene. Together these data indicate that the Cdc55p/Zds2p module has a function in the regulation of the Swe1p-dependent G2/M checkpoint. ..
- Liu H, Wang Y. The function and regulation of budding yeast Swe1 in response to interrupted DNA synthesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2746-56 pubmed..Therefore, S-phase accumulated Swe1 prevents Clb2-Cdk1-mediated mitotic activities, but has little effects on Clb5-Cdk1-associated S-phase progression. ..
- Wang M, Collins R. A lysine deacetylase Hos3 is targeted to the bud neck and involved in the spindle position checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:2720-34 pubmed publisher..The morphogenesis checkpoint member Hsl7 recruits Hos3 to the neck region. Cells with a defect in spindle orientation trigger Hos3 to load onto both SPBs...
- Pei Y, Niu L, Lu F, Liu C, Zhai J, Kong X, et al. Mutations in the Type II protein arginine methyltransferase AtPRMT5 result in pleiotropic developmental defects in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:1913-23 pubmed..Therefore, the type II protein Arg methyltransferase AtPRMT5 is involved in promotion of vegetative growth and FLC-dependent flowering time regulation in Arabidopsis. ..
- King K, Kang H, Jin M, Lew D. Feedback control of Swe1p degradation in the yeast morphogenesis checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:914-22 pubmed publisher..They also highlight the difficulty in disentangling direct checkpoint pathways from the effects of positive-feedback loops active at the G2/M transition. ..
- Fujita A, Tonouchi A, Hiroko T, Inose F, Nagashima T, Satoh R, et al. Hsl7p, a negative regulator of Ste20p protein kinase in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae filamentous growth-signaling pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:8522-7 pubmed..We identified a mutant, hsl7, that exhibits filamentous growth on rich medium. Hsl7p belongs to a highly conserved protein family in eukaryotes...
- Loewen C, Young B, Tavassoli S, Levine T. Inheritance of cortical ER in yeast is required for normal septin organization. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:467-83 pubmed..This perturbation leads to a delay in the transition through G2, activating the Saccharomyces wee1 kinase (Swe1) and the morphogenesis checkpoint. Thus, we identify a mechanism involved in sensing the distribution of ER. ..