Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSE1
Description: ESCRT-0 subunit protein HSE1
Alias: ESCRT-0 subunit protein HSE1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bilodeau P, Winistorfer S, Kearney W, Robertson A, Piper R. Vps27-Hse1 and ESCRT-I complexes cooperate to increase efficiency of sorting ubiquitinated proteins at the endosome. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:237-43 pubmed..Two yeast endosomal protein complexes have been proposed as Ub-sorting "receptors," the Vps27-Hse1 complex and the ESCRT-I complex...
- Bowers K, Lottridge J, Helliwell S, Goldthwaite L, Luzio J, Stevens T. Protein-protein interactions of ESCRT complexes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Traffic. 2004;5:194-210 pubmed..We propose the formation of a large multimeric complex on the endosome membrane consisting of ESCRTI, ESCRTII, ESCRTIII and other associated proteins. ..
- Han S, Shin D, Choi H, Lee S. Molecular determinants of the interaction between Doa1 and Hse1 involved in endosomal sorting. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:352-7 pubmed publisher..Doa1 functions in the endosomal sorting by its association with Hse1, a component of endosomal sorting complex required for transport (ESCRT) system...
- Erpapazoglou Z, Dhaoui M, Pantazopoulou M, Giordano F, Mari M, Leon S, et al. A dual role for K63-linked ubiquitin chains in multivesicular body biogenesis and cargo sorting. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2170-83 pubmed publisher..A failure to generate K63Ub chains in yeast leads to an MVB ultrastructure alteration. Our work thus unravels a double function of K63Ub chains in cargo sorting and MVB biogenesis. ..
- Pashkova N, Gakhar L, Winistorfer S, Sunshine A, Rich M, Dunham M, et al. The yeast Alix homolog Bro1 functions as a ubiquitin receptor for protein sorting into multivesicular endosomes. Dev Cell. 2013;25:520-33 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Bro1 and other Bro1 family members function in parallel with ESCRT-0 to recognize and sort Ub-cargoes...
- Peters T, Miller A, Tourette C, Agren H, Hubbard A, Hughes R. Genomic Analysis of ATP Efflux in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:161-70 pubmed publisher..These results will facilitate analysis of ATP efflux mechanisms in higher eukaryotes. ..