Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HRP1
Alias: NAB4, NAB5, Hrp1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- McBride A, Weiss V, Kim H, Hogle J, Silver P. Analysis of the yeast arginine methyltransferase Hmt1p/Rmt1p and its in vivo function. Cofactor binding and substrate interactions. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3128-36 pubmed..A cold-sensitive mutant of Hmt1p was generated and showed reduced methylation of Npl3p, but not of other substrates, at 14 degrees C. These results define new aspects of Hmt1 and reveal the importance of its activity in vivo. ..
- Medler S, Al Husini N, Raghunayakula S, Mukundan B, Aldea A, Ansari A. Evidence for a complex of transcription factor IIB with poly(A) polymerase and cleavage factor 1 subunits required for gene looping. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33709-18 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a complex of TFIIB, CF1 subunits, and Pap1 exists in yeast cells. Furthermore, TFIIB interaction with the CF1 complex and Pap1 is crucial for gene looping and transcriptional regulation. ..
- Kim Guisbert K, Duncan K, Li H, Guthrie C. Functional specificity of shuttling hnRNPs revealed by genome-wide analysis of their RNA binding profiles. RNA. 2005;11:383-93 pubmedNab2, Npl3, and Nab4/Hrp1 are essential RNA binding proteins of the shuttling hnRNP class that are required for the efficient export of mRNA...
- Leeper T, Qu X, Lu C, Moore C, Varani G. Novel protein-protein contacts facilitate mRNA 3'-processing signal recognition by Rna15 and Hrp1. J Mol Biol. 2010;401:334-49 pubmed publisher..and efficiency (efficiency element) of 3'-processing and are recognized by the RNA-binding proteins Rna15 and Hrp1, respectively...
- Weiss V, McBride A, Soriano M, Filman D, Silver P, Hogle J. The structure and oligomerization of the yeast arginine methyltransferase, Hmt1. Nat Struct Biol. 2000;7:1165-71 pubmed..Mutation of dimer contact sites eliminates activity of Hmt1 both in vivo and in vitro. Mutating residues in the acidic cavity significantly reduces binding and methylation of the substrate Npl3. ..
- Aguilera A, Klein H. HPR1, a novel yeast gene that prevents intrachromosomal excision recombination, shows carboxy-terminal homology to the Saccharomyces cerevisiae TOP1 gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:1439-51 pubmed..We conclude that Hpr1 is a novel eucaryotic protein, mutation of which causes an increase in mitotic intrachromosomal excision recombination, and that it may be functionally related to an activity of the topoisomerase I protein. ..
- Barnwal R, Lee S, Moore C, Varani G. Structural and biochemical analysis of the assembly and function of the yeast pre-mRNA 3' end processing complex CF I. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21342-7 pubmed publisher..These two RNA sequences are recognized by the RNA binding proteins Hrp1 and Rna15, but efficient processing in vivo requires a bridging protein (Rna14), which forms a stable dimer of ..
- Mayer A, Schreieck A, Lidschreiber M, Leike K, Martin D, Cramer P. The spt5 C-terminal region recruits yeast 3' RNA cleavage factor I. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1321-31 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this model, the CTR interacts with CFI in vitro but is not required for pA site recognition and transcription termination in vivo. ..
- Henry M, Borland C, Bossie M, Silver P. Potential RNA binding proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae identified as suppressors of temperature-sensitive mutations in NPL3. Genetics. 1996;142:103-15 pubmed..The other suppressor corresponds to a newly defined gene we term HRP1, which also encodes a protein with similarity to the hnRNP A/B proteins of vertebrates...
- Süel K, Gu H, Chook Y. Modular organization and combinatorial energetics of proline-tyrosine nuclear localization signals. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e137 pubmed publisher..The modular organization of the PY-NLS coupled with its combinatorial energetics lays a path to decode this diverse and evolvable signal for future comprehensive genome-scale identification of nuclear import substrates. ..
- Meinel D, Burkert Kautzsch C, Kieser A, O Duibhir E, Siebert M, Mayer A, et al. Recruitment of TREX to the transcription machinery by its direct binding to the phospho-CTD of RNA polymerase II. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003914 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provide insight into how the phospho-code of the CTD directs mRNP formation and export through TREX recruitment...
- Kerr S, Azzouz N, Fuchs S, Collart M, Strahl B, Corbett A, et al. The Ccr4-Not complex interacts with the mRNA export machinery. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18302 pubmed publisher..Ccr4-Not physically and functionally interacts with the heterogenous nuclear ribonucleoproteins (hnRNPs) Nab2 and Hrp1, and that the physical association depends on Hmt1 methyltransferase activity...
- Blair L, Liu Z, Labitigan R, Wu L, Zheng D, Xia Z, et al. KDM5 lysine demethylases are involved in maintenance of 3'UTR length. Sci Adv. 2016;2:e1501662 pubmed publisher..In contrast, both KDM5A and KDM5B are involved in the lengthening of DICER1. Our findings suggest both a novel role for this family of demethylases and a novel targetable mechanism for 3'UTR processing. ..
- Buchan J, Muhlrad D, Parker R. P bodies promote stress granule assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:441-55 pubmed publisher..These observations argue that P bodies are important sites for decisions of mRNA fate and that stress granules, at least in yeast, primarily represent pools of mRNAs stalled in the process of reentry into translation from P bodies. ..
- Bucheli M, He X, Kaplan C, Moore C, Buratowski S. Polyadenylation site choice in yeast is affected by competition between Npl3 and polyadenylation factor CFI. RNA. 2007;13:1756-64 pubmed..Here we show that overexpression of the Hrp1 or Rna14 subunits of the CF IA polyadenylation factor increases recognition of a weakened polyadenylation site...
- Kim Guisbert K, Li H, Guthrie C. Alternative 3' pre-mRNA processing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is modulated by Nab4/Hrp1 in vivo. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e6 pubmedThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNA-binding protein Nab4/Hrp1 is a component of the cleavage factor complex required for 3' pre-mRNA processing...
- Wang W, Cajigas I, Peltz S, Wilkinson M, Gonzalez C. Role for Upf2p phosphorylation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae nonsense-mediated mRNA decay. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3390-400 pubmed..We provide evidence that the phosphorylation of the N-terminal region of Upf2p is crucial for its interaction with Hrp1p, an RNA-binding protein that we previously showed is essential for NMD...
- Dheur S, Nykamp K, Viphakone N, Swanson M, Minvielle Sebastia L. Yeast mRNA Poly(A) tail length control can be reconstituted in vitro in the absence of Pab1p-dependent Poly(A) nuclease activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24532-8 pubmed..Based on these findings, we propose that Nab2p is necessary and sufficient to regulate poly(A) tail length during de novo synthesis in yeast. ..
- Saiardi A, Bhandari R, Resnick A, Snowman A, Snyder S. Phosphorylation of proteins by inositol pyrophosphates. Science. 2004;306:2101-5 pubmed..We also observed phosphorylation of endogenous proteins by endogenous IP7 in yeast. Phosphorylation by IP7 is nonenzymatic and may represent a novel intracellular signaling mechanism. ..
- Gaillard H, Aguilera A. Cleavage factor I links transcription termination to DNA damage response and genome integrity maintenance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004203 pubmed publisher..Here, we found that the rna14-1, rna15-1, and hrp1-5 alleles of the cleavage factor I (CFI) cause sensitivity to UV-light in the absence of global genome repair in ..
- Gemayel R, Chavali S, Pougach K, Legendre M, Zhu B, Boeynaems S, et al. Variable Glutamine-Rich Repeats Modulate Transcription Factor Activity. Mol Cell. 2015;59:615-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, Q-rich repeats are dynamic functional domains that modulate a regulator's innate function, with the inherent risk of pathogenic repeat expansions. ..
- Hammell C, Gross S, Zenklusen D, Heath C, Stutz F, Moore C, et al. Coupling of termination, 3' processing, and mRNA export. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6441-57 pubmed..Of the core 3' processing factors tested (Rna14p, Rna15p, Pcf11p, Hrp1p, Fip1p, and Cft1p), only Hrp1p shuttles...