Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HO
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Miller M, Higgin J, Hall T. Basis of altered RNA-binding specificity by PUF proteins revealed by crystal structures of yeast Puf4p. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:397-402 pubmed publisher..Using structural information and sequence comparisons, we created a mutant Puf4p protein that preferentially binds to an 8-nt target RNA sequence over a 9-nt sequence and restores binding of each protein repeat to one RNA base. ..
- Voloshin O, Bakhrat A, Herrmann S, Raveh D. Transfer of Ho endonuclease and Ufo1 to the proteasome by the UbL-UbA shuttle protein, Ddi1, analysed by complex formation in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39210 pubmed publisherThe F-box protein, Ufo1, recruits Ho endonuclease to the SCF(Ufo1) complex for ubiquitylation...
- Mitra D, Parnell E, Landon J, Yu Y, Stillman D. SWI/SNF binding to the HO promoter requires histone acetylation and stimulates TATA-binding protein recruitment. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4095-110 pubmed..assays to show that the Gcn5 histone acetyltransferase in SAGA is required for SWI/SNF association with the HO promoter and that binding of SWI/SNF and SAGA are interdependent...
- Houshmandi S, Olivas W. Yeast Puf3 mutants reveal the complexity of Puf-RNA binding and identify a loop required for regulation of mRNA decay. RNA. 2005;11:1655-66 pubmed..Each of these amino acid changes in Puf3p enhanced binding to the Puf5p target HO RNA, suggesting a different mode of binding to this target...
- Parnell E, Yu Y, Lucena R, Yoon Y, Bai L, Kellogg D, et al. The Rts1 regulatory subunit of PP2A phosphatase controls expression of the HO endonuclease via localization of the Ace2 transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:35431-7 pubmed publisher..examine expression of Ace2 and Swi5 target genes and find that an rts1 mutation markedly reduces expression of the HO gene...
- Strathern J, Klar A, Hicks J, Abraham J, Ivy J, Nasmyth K, et al. Homothallic switching of yeast mating type cassettes is initiated by a double-stranded cut in the MAT locus. Cell. 1982;31:183-92 pubmed..Cutting is observed in exponentially growing cells of genotype HO HML alpha MAT alpha HMR alpha or HO HMLa MATa HMRa, which switch continuously, but not in a/alpha HO/HO diploid ..
- Blewett N, Goldstrohm A. A eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E-binding protein promotes mRNA decapping and is required for PUF repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4181-94 pubmed..The implication of these findings is that a 4E-BP can repress protein expression by promoting specific mRNA degradation steps in addition to or in lieu of inhibiting translation initiation. ..
- Mathias J, Hanlon S, O Flanagan R, Sengupta A, Vershon A. Repression of the yeast HO gene by the MATalpha2 and MATa1 homeodomain proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:6469-78 pubmedThe HO gene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is regulated by a large and complex promoter that is similar to promoters in higher order eukaryotes...
- Kostriken R, Strathern J, Klar A, Hicks J, Heffron F. A site-specific endonuclease essential for mating-type switching in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell. 1983;35:167-74 pubmed..The second endonuclease, which we refer to as Sce II, is present in all strains of S. cerevisiae we have examined. The cleavage site of Sce II has been determined and proves to be unrelated to the cleavage site of YZ endo. ..