Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HDA1
Description: histone deacetylase HDA1
Alias: histone deacetylase HDA1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kim S, Benguria A, Lai C, Jazwinski S. Modulation of life-span by histone deacetylase genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3125-36 pubmed..Deletion of HDA1, another histone deacetylase gene, did not result in life-span extension, unless it was combined with deletion of ..
- Robbins N, Leach M, Cowen L. Lysine deacetylases Hda1 and Rpd3 regulate Hsp90 function thereby governing fungal drug resistance. Cell Rep. 2012;2:878-88 pubmed publisher..S. cerevisiae Hsp90 is acetylated on lysine 27 and 270, and key KDACs for drug resistance are Hda1 and Rpd3...
- Xin X, Lan C, Lee H, Zhang L. Regulation of the HAP1 gene involves positive actions of histone deacetylases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:120-5 pubmed..Intriguingly, we found that histone deacetylases, including Rpd3, Hda1, Sin3 and Hos1, are not required for the repression of the HAP1 gene by Hap1...
- Tachibana C, Biddick R, Law G, Young E. A poised initiation complex is activated by SNF1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37308-15 pubmed
- Grigat M, Jäschke Y, Kliewe F, Pfeifer M, Walz S, Schüller H. Multiple histone deacetylases are recruited by corepressor Sin3 and contribute to gene repression mediated by Opi1 regulator of phospholipid biosynthesis in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Genet Genomics. 2012;287:461-72 pubmed publisher..Indeed, a triple mutant lacking HDACs, Rpd3, Hda1 and Hos1, could phenocopy a sin3 single mutant...
- Hwang W, Madhani H. Nonredundant requirement for multiple histone modifications for the early anaphase release of the mitotic exit regulator Cdc14 from nucleolar chromatin. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000588 pubmed publisher..The nonredundant role for these modifications in this context contrasts with the notion of a highly combinatorial code by which histone marks act to control biological processes. ..
- Libuda D, Winston F. Alterations in DNA replication and histone levels promote histone gene amplification in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2010;184:985-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that either reduced histone levels or slowed replication forks stimulate the HTA2-HTB2 amplification event, contributing to the restoration of normal chromatin structure. ..
- Debacker K, Frizzell A, Gleeson O, Kirkham McCarthy L, Mertz T, Lahue R. Histone deacetylase complexes promote trinucleotide repeat expansions. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001257 pubmed publisher..Mutation or inhibition of yeast Rpd3L or Hda1 suppressed up to 90% of expansions...
- Hoke S, Irina Mutiu A, Genereaux J, Kvas S, Buck M, Yu M, et al. Mutational analysis of the C-terminal FATC domain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Tra1. Curr Genet. 2010;56:447-65 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the regulatory potential of mechanisms targeting the FATC domains of PIKK proteins. ..
- Carmen A, Rundlett S, Grunstein M. HDA1 and HDA3 are components of a yeast histone deacetylase (HDA) complex. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:15837-44 pubmed..Gene disruptions of p75 (HDA1) or p71 (HDA3) cause the loss of the 350-kDa (but not the 600-kDa) activity from our chromatography profiles...
- Kasten M, Szerlong H, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Werner M, Cairns B. Tandem bromodomains in the chromatin remodeler RSC recognize acetylated histone H3 Lys14. EMBO J. 2004;23:1348-59 pubmed..Taken together, Rsc4 bears essential tandem bromodomains that rely on H3 Lys14 acetylation to assist RSC complex for gene activation. ..
- Camblong J, Iglesias N, Fickentscher C, Dieppois G, Stutz F. Antisense RNA stabilization induces transcriptional gene silencing via histone deacetylation in S. cerevisiae. Cell. 2007;131:706-17 pubmed..immunoprecipitation experiments indicate that the loss of Rrp6 function is paralleled by the recruitment of Hda1 histone deacetylase to PHO84 and neighboring genes...
- Poschke H, Dees M, Chang M, Amberkar S, Kaderali L, Rothstein R, et al. Rif2 promotes a telomere fold-back structure through Rpd3L recruitment in budding yeast. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002960 pubmed publisher..Among other biological processes, lysine deacetylation, through the Rpd3L, Rpd3S, and Hda1 complexes, emerged as being a critical regulator of telomere structure...
- Torres Machorro A, Pillus L. Bypassing the requirement for an essential MYST acetyltransferase. Genetics. 2014;197:851-63 pubmed publisher..The fact that both increased and decreased expression of the ESA1 homolog TIP60 has cancer associations in humans underscores just how important the balance of its activity is likely to be for human well-being. ..
- Verdone L, Wu J, Van Riper K, Kacherovsky N, Vogelauer M, Young E, et al. Hyperacetylation of chromatin at the ADH2 promoter allows Adr1 to bind in repressed conditions. EMBO J. 2002;21:1101-11 pubmed..Saccharomyces cerevisiae ADH2 promoter chromatin, as obtained by disrupting the genes for the two deacetylases HDA1 and RPD3, destabilizes the structure of the TATA box-containing nucleosome...
- Agricola E, Verdone L, Di Mauro E, Caserta M. H4 acetylation does not replace H3 acetylation in chromatin remodelling and transcription activation of Adr1-dependent genes. Mol Microbiol. 2006;62:1433-46 pubmed..Nevertheless, chromatin remodelling and transcription activation are impaired, suggesting that acetylation of H3 and H4 histones plays different roles. ..
- Chruscicki A, MacDonald V, Young B, Loewen C, Howe L. Critical determinants for chromatin binding by Saccharomyces cerevisiae Yng1 exist outside of the plant homeodomain finger. Genetics. 2010;185:469-77 pubmed publisher..Although these motifs can bind histones independently, together they increase the apparent association of Yng1 for the H3 tail. ..
- Lee J, Maskos K, Huber R. Structural and functional studies of the yeast class II Hda1 histone deacetylase complex. J Mol Biol. 2009;391:744-57 pubmed publisherYeast class II Hda1 histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex is an H2B- and H3-specific HDAC in Saccharomyces cerevisiae consisting of three previously identified subunits, the catalytic subunit scHda1p and two non-catalytic structural subunits ..
- Lu J, Lin Y, Sheu J, Wu J, Lee F, Chen Y, et al. Acetylation of yeast AMPK controls intrinsic aging independently of caloric restriction. Cell. 2011;146:969-79 pubmed publisher..We propose a protein acetylation-phosphorylation cascade that regulates Sch9 activity, controls intrinsic aging, and extends replicative life span in yeast. ..
- Islam A, Turner E, Menzel J, Malo M, Harkness T. Antagonistic Gcn5-Hda1 interactions revealed by mutations to the Anaphase Promoting Complex in yeast. Cell Div. 2011;6:13 pubmed publisher..we demonstrated that deletion of either the histone acetyltransferase (HAT) GCN5 or the histone deacetylase (HDAC) HDA1 exacerbated the temperature sensitive (ts) mutant phenotype of the Anaphase Promoting Complex (APC) apc5CA allele...
- Chen L, Wang M, Hou J, Liu L, Fu J, Shen Y, et al. Regulation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae MEF1 by Hda1p affects salt resistance of bdf1Δ mutant. FEMS Yeast Res. 2014;14:575-85 pubmed..that the salt sensitivity, mitochondrial dysfunction, and nuclear instability of bdf1Δ mutant were suppressed by HDA1 deletion or MEF1 overexpression...
- Papamichos Chronakis M, Watanabe S, Rando O, Peterson C. Global regulation of H2A.Z localization by the INO80 chromatin-remodeling enzyme is essential for genome integrity. Cell. 2011;144:200-13 pubmed publisher..Z/H2B with free H2A/H2B dimers. Genetic interactions between ino80 and htz1 support a model in which INO80 catalyzes the removal of unacetylated H2A.Z from chromatin as a mechanism to promote genome stability. ..
- Shen H, Zhu Y, Wang C, Yan H, Teng M, Li X. Structural and histone binding ability characterization of the ARB2 domain of a histone deacetylase Hda1 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Sci Rep. 2016;6:33905 pubmed publisherb>Hda1 is the catalytic core component of the H2B- and H3- specific histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is involved in the epigenetic repression and plays a crucial role in transcriptional regulation and ..
- Chambers A, Ormerod G, Durley S, Sing T, Brown G, Kent N, et al. The INO80 chromatin remodeling complex prevents polyploidy and maintains normal chromatin structure at centromeres. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2590-603 pubmed publisher..Z-containing pericentric chromatin, as in higher eukaryotes with regional centromeres, is important for centromere function in budding yeast. These data reveal an important additional mechanism by which INO80 maintains genome stability. ..