Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HAS1
Description: ATP-dependent RNA helicase HAS1
Alias: ATP-dependent RNA helicase HAS1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Khoshnevis S, Askenasy I, Johnson M, Dattolo M, Young Erdos C, Stroupe M, et al. The DEAD-box Protein Rok1 Orchestrates 40S and 60S Ribosome Assembly by Promoting the Release of Rrp5 from Pre-40S Ribosomes to Allow for 60S Maturation. PLoS Biol. 2016;14:e1002480 pubmed publisher..Rok1 inactivation arises because Rrp5 release is blocked and implicate a previously undescribed interaction between Rrp5 and the DEAD-box protein Has1 in mediating snR30 accumulation when Rrp5 release from pre-40S subunits is blocked.
- Bassler J, Kallas M, Hurt E. The NUG1 GTPase reveals and N-terminal RNA-binding domain that is essential for association with 60 S pre-ribosomal particles. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:24737-44 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Nug1 associates with pre-60 S subunits via its essential N-terminal RNA-binding domain and exerts a non-essential regulative role in pre-60 S subunit biogenesis via its central GTPase domain. ..
- Hoang T, Peng W, Vanrobays E, Krogan N, Hiley S, Beyer A, et al. Esf2p, a U3-associated factor required for small-subunit processome assembly and compaction. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5523-34 pubmed..The identification of ABT1 in a large-scale analysis of the human nucleolar proteome indicates that its role may also be conserved in mammals. ..
- Bassler J, Grandi P, Gadal O, Lessmann T, Petfalski E, Tollervey D, et al. Identification of a 60S preribosomal particle that is closely linked to nuclear export. Mol Cell. 2001;8:517-29 pubmed..Eight of these proteins were copurified with nuclear pore complexes, suggesting that this complex represents the transport intermediate for 60S subunit export. ..
- Dembowski J, Kuo B, Woolford J. Has1 regulates consecutive maturation and processing steps for assembly of 60S ribosomal subunits. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:7889-904 pubmed publisher..Here, we reveal ATP-independent and ATP-dependent roles of the Has1 DEAD-box RNA helicase in consecutive pre-rRNA processing and maturation steps for construction of 60S ribosomal ..
- Dembowski J, Ramesh M, McManus C, Woolford J. Identification of the binding site of Rlp7 on assembling 60S ribosomal subunits in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2013;19:1639-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that Rlp7 coevolved with these RNA elements to facilitate eukaryotic-specific functions in ribosome assembly and pre-rRNA processing. ..
- Fuentes J, Datta K, Sullivan S, Walker A, Maddock J. In vivo functional characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae 60S biogenesis GTPase Nog1. Mol Genet Genomics. 2007;278:105-23 pubmed..Several conserved charge-to-alanine substitutions outside the GTPase domain display modest growth phenotypes indicating that these residues are not critical for function. ..
- Mnaimneh S, Davierwala A, Haynes J, Moffat J, Peng W, Zhang W, et al. Exploration of essential gene functions via titratable promoter alleles. Cell. 2004;118:31-44 pubmed..We identified genes involved in ribosome biogenesis (HAS1, URB1, and URB2), protein secretion (SEC39), mitochondrial import (MIM1), and tRNA charging (GSN1)...