Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GUP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Copic A, Latham C, Horlbeck M, D Arcangelo J, Miller E. ER cargo properties specify a requirement for COPII coat rigidity mediated by Sec13p. Science. 2012;335:1359-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, Sec13p may rigidify the COPII cage and increase its membrane-bending capacity; this function could be bypassed when a bst mutation renders the membrane more deformable. ..
- Faria Oliveira F, Carvalho J, Belmiro C, Ramalho G, PavÃ£o M, Lucas C, et al. Elemental biochemical analysis of the polysaccharides in the extracellular matrix of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Basic Microbiol. 2015;55:685-94 pubmed publisher..the double deletion of the yeast homologues of the mammalian Hedgehog modulators Hhatl and Hhat, respectively yeast Gup1 and Gup2. These results pioneer the study of the molecular biology of the ECM supporting S...
- Losev E, Papanikou E, Rossanese O, Glick B. Cdc1p is an endoplasmic reticulum-localized putative lipid phosphatase that affects Golgi inheritance and actin polarization by activating Ca2+ signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3336-43 pubmed publisher..The combined data fit a model in which the cdc1 mutant phenotypes result from accumulation of a phosphorylated lipid that activates Ca(2+) signaling. ..
- Jung J, Yun H, Lee J, Oh M. Production of 1,2-propanediol from glycerol in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;21:846-53 pubmed..GUT1), glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GUT2), glycerol dehydrogenase (gdh), and a glycerol transporter gene (GUP1), showed increased glycerol utilization and growth rate...
- Tulha J, Faria Oliveira F, Lucas C, Ferreira C. Programmed cell death in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is hampered by the deletion of GUP1 gene. BMC Microbiol. 2012;12:80 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we hypothesize that apoptotic process would be affected by GUP1 deletion...
- Yoko o T, Ichikawa D, Miyagishi Y, Kato A, Umemura M, Takase K, et al. Determination and physiological roles of the glycosylphosphatidylinositol lipid remodelling pathway in yeast. Mol Microbiol. 2013;88:140-55 pubmed publisher..In addition, mass spectrometric analysis of lipid species of Flag-tagged Gas1p revealed that Gas1p contains ceramide moieties in its GPI anchor. ..