Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GSC2
Description: 1,3-beta-glucan synthase GSC2
Alias: FKS2, 1,3-beta-glucan synthase GSC2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Xu S, Zhang G, Zhang H, Kitajima T, Nakanishi H, Gao X. Effects of Rho1, a small GTPase on the production of recombinant glycoproteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microb Cell Fact. 2016;15:179 pubmed..Similar complementation phenotypes have been confirmed by overexpression of the gene that encodes Fks2 protein, a catalytic subunit of a 1,3-?-glucan synthase...
- Watanabe D, Abe M, Ohya Y. Yeast Lrg1p acts as a specialized RhoGAP regulating 1,3-beta-glucan synthesis. Yeast. 2001;18:943-51 pubmed..Thus, different groups of Rho1p GAPs control the activity of different Rho1p-effector proteins. ..
- Sestak S, Hagen I, Tanner W, Strahl S. Scw10p, a cell-wall glucanase/transglucosidase important for cell-wall stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microbiology. 2004;150:3197-208 pubmed..The data suggest that Scw4p and Scw10p act as glucanases or transglucosidases in concert with other cell-wall proteins to assure cell-wall integrity. ..
- Huang L, Doherty H, Herskowitz I. The Smk1p MAP kinase negatively regulates Gsc2p, a 1,3-beta-glucan synthase, during spore wall morphogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12431-6 pubmed..find that 1,3-beta-glucan synthase activity is elevated in smk1 mutants, suggesting that SMK1 negatively regulates GSC2. Although deposition of the two inner spore wall layers is normal in smk1 mutants, deposition of the outer layers ..
- Kim K, Levin D. Transcriptional reporters for genes activated by cell wall stress through a non-catalytic mechanism involving Mpk1 and SBF. Yeast. 2010;27:541-8 pubmed publisherThe Mpk1 MAP kinase of the cell wall integrity (CWI) signalling pathway induces transcription of the FKS2 gene in response to cell wall stress through a non-catalytic mechanism that involves stable association of Mpk1 with the Swi4 ..
- Wang X, Sheff M, Simpson D, Elion E. Ste11p MEKK signals through HOG, mating, calcineurin and PKC pathways to regulate the FKS2 gene. BMC Mol Biol. 2011;12:51 pubmed publisher..Cell wall integrity requires the FKS2 gene that encodes a stress-induced alternative subunit of beta-1, 3 glucan synthase that is the target of ..