Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GPM1
Description: phosphoglycerate mutase GPM1
Alias: phosphoglycerate mutase GPM1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Papini M, Nookaew I, Scalcinati G, Siewers V, Nielsen J. Phosphoglycerate mutase knock-out mutant Saccharomyces cerevisiae: physiological investigation and transcriptome analysis. Biotechnol J. 2010;5:1016-27 pubmed publisher..Here, we studied the response to the deletion of the glycolytic and gluconeogenic gene GPM1, encoding for phosphoglycerate mutase. It was previously shown that a S...
- Peter Smits H, Hauf J, Muller S, Hobley T, Zimmermann F, Hahn Hagerdal B, et al. Simultaneous overexpression of enzymes of the lower part of glycolysis can enhance the fermentative capacity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2000;16:1325-34 pubmed
- Poltermann S, Kunert A, von der Heide M, Eck R, Hartmann A, Zipfel P. Gpm1p is a factor H-, FHL-1-, and plasminogen-binding surface protein of Candida albicans. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37537-44 pubmed..CaGpm1p is a surface protein as demonstrated by immunostaining and flow cytometry. A C. albicans gpm1(-/-) mutant strain was generated that did not grow on glucose-supplemented but on ethanol- and glycerol-..
- Vögtle F, Burkhart J, Rao S, Gerbeth C, Hinrichs J, Martinou J, et al. Intermembrane space proteome of yeast mitochondria. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:1840-52 pubmed publisher..We present here the first and comprehensive proteome of IMS proteins of yeast mitochondria with 51 proteins in total. The IMS proteome will serve as a valuable source for further studies on the role of the IMS in cell life and death. ..
- Mostovoy Y, Thiemicke A, Hsu T, Brem R. The Role of Transcription Factors at Antisense-Expressing Gene Pairs in Yeast. Genome Biol Evol. 2016;8:1748-61 pubmed publisher..we focused on the stress-induced NAD(P)H dehydratase YKL151C and its downstream neighbor, the metabolic enzyme GPM1 Previous work has implicated the region between these genes in regulation of GPM1 expression; our mutation ..