Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GLO3
Description: ADP-ribosylation factor GTPase-activating protein
Alias: ADP-ribosylation factor GTPase-activating protein
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Liu Y, Huang C, Huang K, Lee F. Role for Gcs1p in regulation of Arl1p at trans-Golgi compartments. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4024-33 pubmed..Our data are consistent with the conclusion that Arl1p moves in a dynamic equilibrium between trans-Golgi and cytosol, and the release of Arl1p from membranes in cells requires the hydrolysis of bound GTP, which is accelerated by Gcs1p. ..
- DeRegis C, Rahl P, Hoffman G, Cerione R, Collins R. Mutational analysis of betaCOP (Sec26p) identifies an appendage domain critical for function. BMC Cell Biol. 2008;9:3 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate an essential function for the predicted betaCOP appendage and suggest that both COPI appendages perform a biologically active regulatory role with a structure related to adaptin-family appendage domains. ..
- Curwin A, LeBlanc M, Fairn G, McMaster C. Localization of lipid raft proteins to the plasma membrane is a major function of the phospholipid transfer protein Sec14. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55388 pubmed publisher..Localization of both lipid raft proteins was restored upon increased expression of the sec14(ts) allele. We suggest that a major function provided by Sec14 is trafficking and localization of lipid raft proteins. ..
- Trautwein M, Schindler C, Gauss R, Dengjel J, Hartmann E, Spang A. Arf1p, Chs5p and the ChAPs are required for export of specialized cargo from the Golgi. EMBO J. 2006;25:943-54 pubmed..In addition, they are all at least partially localized to the TGN in a Chs5p-dependent manner. Most importantly, several ChAPs can interact physically with Chs3p. We propose that the ChAPs facilitate export of cargo out of the Golgi...
- Beaufour M, Godin F, Vallee B, Cadene M, Bénédetti H. Interaction proteomics suggests a new role for the Tfs1 protein in yeast. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:3211-8 pubmed publisher..Integration of these results with known functional partners of Tfs1p shows that two subnetworks meet through the Tfs1p node, suggesting that it may act as a bridge between cell signaling and intermediate metabolism in yeast. ..
- Ueno K, Saito M, Nagashima M, Kojima A, Nishinoaki S, Toshima J, et al. V-ATPase-dependent luminal acidification is required for endocytic recycling of a yeast cell wall stress sensor, Wsc1p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:549-55 pubmed publisher..These findings clarified the previously unidentified Wsc1p recycling pathway and requirement of V-ATPase-dependent luminal acidification for Wsc1p recycling. ..
- Wong T, Fairn G, Poon P, Shmulevitz M, McMaster C, Singer R, et al. Membrane metabolism mediated by Sec14 family members influences Arf GTPase activating protein activity for transport from the trans-Golgi. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12777-82 pubmed..Thus, ArfGAPs are subject to both temporal and spatial regulation that is facilitated by Sfh2-mediated modulation of the lipid environment. ..
- Sakane H, Yamamoto T, Tanaka K. The functional relationship between the Cdc50p-Drs2p putative aminophospholipid translocase and the Arf GAP Gcs1p in vesicle formation in the retrieval pathway from yeast early endosomes to the TGN. Cell Struct Funct. 2006;31:87-108 pubmed..These results suggest that Cdc50p-Drs2p plays an important role in the Arf1p-mediated formation of CCVs for the retrieval pathway from early endosomes to the TGN. ..
- Schindler C, Spang A. Interaction of SNAREs with ArfGAPs precedes recruitment of Sec18p/NSF. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2852-63 pubmed
- Parrish W, Stefan C, Emr S. PtdIns(3)P accumulation in triple lipid-phosphatase-deletion mutants triggers lethal hyperactivation of the Rho1p/Pkc1p cell-integrity MAP kinase pathway. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5589-601 pubmed..Taken together, the results of this study indicated that aberrant Rho1p/Pkc1p signaling contributes to the lethal effects of PtdIns(3)P accumulation in cells deficient in PI 3-phosphatase activity. ..
- Schindler C, Rodriguez F, Poon P, Singer R, Johnston G, Spang A. The GAP domain and the SNARE, coatomer and cargo interaction region of the ArfGAP2/3 Glo3 are sufficient for Glo3 function. Traffic. 2009;10:1362-75 pubmed publisherThe ArfGAP Glo3 is required for coat protein I vesicle generation in the Golgi-endoplasmic reticulum (ER) shuttle. The best-understood role of Glo3 is the stimulation of the GTPase activity of Arf1...