Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GLE2
Description: RNA export factor GLE2
Alias: RAE1, RNA export factor GLE2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Zander G, Kramer W, Seel A, Krebber H. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Gle2/Rae1 is involved in septin organization, essential for cell cycle progression. Yeast. 2017;34:459-470 pubmed publisherb>Gle2/Rae1 is highly conserved from yeast to humans and has been described as an mRNA export factor. Additionally, it is implicated in the anaphase-promoting complex-mediated cell cycle regulation in higher eukaryotes...
- Dawson T, Lazarus M, Hetzer M, Wente S. ER membrane-bending proteins are necessary for de novo nuclear pore formation. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:659-75 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that these ER membrane-bending proteins mediate early NPC assembly steps...
- Ahmed S, Brickner D, Light W, Cajigas I, McDonough M, Froyshteter A, et al. DNA zip codes control an ancient mechanism for gene targeting to the nuclear periphery. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:111-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, GRS I also functions as a DNA zip code in Schizosaccharomyces pombe, suggesting that this mechanism of targeting to the nuclear periphery has been conserved over approximately one billion years of evolution. ..
- Fernandez Martinez J, Kim S, Shi Y, Upla P, Pellarin R, Gagnon M, et al. Structure and Function of the Nuclear Pore Complex Cytoplasmic mRNA Export Platform. Cell. 2016;167:1215-1228.e25 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this configuration efficiently captures and remodels exporting mRNP particles immediately upon reaching the cytoplasmic side of the NPC. ..
- Fabre E, Hurt E. Yeast genetics to dissect the nuclear pore complex and nucleocytoplasmic trafficking. Annu Rev Genet. 1997;31:277-313 pubmed..We review here our current knowledge on the role of nucleoporins, and on the mechanism of nucleocytoplasmic transport, with emphasis on the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Occhipinti L, Chang Y, Altvater M, Menet A, Kemmler S, Panse V. Non-FG mediated transport of the large pre-ribosomal subunit through the nuclear pore complex by the mRNA export factor Gle2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8266-79 pubmed publisher..Here, we reveal how the non-FG interacting yeast mRNA export factor Gly-Leu-FG lethal 2 (Gle2) functions in the export of the large pre-ribosomal subunit (pre-60S)...
- Miller A, Suntharalingam M, Johnson S, Audhya A, Emr S, Wente S. Cytoplasmic inositol hexakisphosphate production is sufficient for mediating the Gle1-mRNA export pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51022-32 pubmed..Enhanced lethality was observed with a specific subset of mutants, including nup42, nup116, nup159, dbp5, and gle2, all of which had been previously connected to Gle1 function...
- Senissar M, Le Saux A, Belgareh Touzé N, Adam C, Banroques J, Tanner N. The DEAD-box helicase Ded1 from yeast is an mRNP cap-associated protein that shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:10005-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ded1 is an mRNP cofactor of the cap complex that may function to remodel the different mRNPs and thereby regulate the expression of the mRNAs. ..
- Light W, Brickner D, Brand V, Brickner J. Interaction of a DNA zip code with the nuclear pore complex promotes H2A.Z incorporation and INO1 transcriptional memory. Mol Cell. 2010;40:112-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, interaction of recently repressed INO1 with the NPC alters its chromatin structure and rate of reactivation...
- Iovine M, Wente S. A nuclear export signal in Kap95p is required for both recycling the import factor and interaction with the nucleoporin GLFG repeat regions of Nup116p and Nup100p. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:797-811 pubmed..This finding highlights an important role for a subfamily of GLFG nucleoporins in nuclear export processes. ..