Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GIN4
Description: protein kinase GIN4
Alias: ERC47, protein kinase GIN4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Altman R, Kellogg D. Control of mitotic events by Nap1 and the Gin4 kinase. J Cell Biol. 1997;138:119-30 pubmed..These approaches have both identified a protein kinase called Gin4 that is required for the ability of Clb2 and Nap1 to promote the switch from polar to isotropic bud growth that ..
- Egelhofer T, Villen J, McCusker D, Gygi S, Kellogg D. The septins function in G1 pathways that influence the pattern of cell growth in budding yeast. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2022 pubmed publisher..Shs1 phosphorylation mutants also show defects in interaction with the Gin4 kinase, which associates with the septins during G2/M and plays a role in regulating inhibitory phosphorylation of ..
- Okuzaki D, Tanaka S, Kanazawa H, Nojima H. Gin4 of S. cerevisiae is a bud neck protein that interacts with the Cdc28 complex. Genes Cells. 1997;2:753-70 pubmed..The growth inhibitor Gin4 is structurally similar to Nik1 and may play a redundant role in the regulation of the cell cycle...
- Carroll C, Altman R, Schieltz D, Yates J, Kellogg D. The septins are required for the mitosis-specific activation of the Gin4 kinase. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:709-17 pubmedIn budding yeast, a protein kinase called Gin4 is specifically activated during mitosis and functions in a pathway initiated by the Clb2 cyclin to control bud growth...
- Iwase M, Toh e A. Ybr267w is a new cytoplasmic protein belonging to the mitotic signaling network of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Struct Funct. 2004;29:1-15 pubmed..Deltanap1 cells displayed a lower Gin4 kinase activity and a lower Gin4 protein level, both of which were recovered nearly to a wild type level in ..
- Castillon G, Adames N, Rosello C, Seidel H, Longtine M, Cooper J, et al. Septins have a dual role in controlling mitotic exit in budding yeast. Curr Biol. 2003;13:654-8 pubmed..These results suggest that septins serve as a diffusion barrier for Lte1p, and that Cdc10p is needed for the septin ring to serve as a scaffold for a putative microtubule sensor. ..
- Mortensen E, McDonald H, Yates J, Kellogg D. Cell cycle-dependent assembly of a Gin4-septin complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2091-105 pubmedb>Gin4, a Nim1-related kinase, is required in budding yeast for localization of the septins and for proper control of daughter cell growth during G2/M...
- Sreenivasan A, Kellogg D. The elm1 kinase functions in a mitotic signaling network in budding yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:7983-94 pubmed..to require the function of a Clb2-binding protein called Nap1, the Cdc42 GTPase, and two protein kinases called Gin4 and Cla4...
- Wu C, Arcand M, Jansen G, Zhong M, Iouk T, Thomas D, et al. Phosphorylation of the MAPKKK regulator Ste50p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a casein kinase I phosphorylation site is required for proper mating function. Eukaryot Cell. 2003;2:949-61 pubmed..However, this phosphorylation does not seem to have a detectable role in modulating the high-osmolarity glycerol synthesis pathway. ..
- Okuzaki D, Watanabe T, Tanaka S, Nojima H. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae bud-neck proteins Kcc4 and Gin4 have distinct but partially-overlapping cellular functions. Genes Genet Syst. 2003;78:113-26 pubmed..Hsl1/Nik1, Kcc4 and Gin4 are structurally homologous protein kinases that localize to the bud neck and negatively regulate Swe1 by ..
- Wu H, Guo J, Zhou Y, Gao X. The anillin-related region of Bud4 is the major functional determinant for Bud4's function in septin organization during bud growth and axial bud site selection in budding yeast. Eukaryot Cell. 2015;14:241-51 pubmed publisher..These observations provide new insights into the interaction of Bud4 with the septins and Bud3. ..
- Buttery S, Kono K, Stokasimov E, Pellman D. Regulation of the formin Bnr1 by septins anda MARK/Par1-family septin-associated kinase. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4041-53 pubmed publisher..Here we describe a requirement for the septin Shs1 and the septin-associated kinase Gin4 for the localization and in vivo activity of the budding yeast DRF Bnr1...
- Merlini L, Fraschini R, Boettcher B, Barral Y, Lucchini G, Piatti S. Budding yeast dma proteins control septin dynamics and the spindle position checkpoint by promoting the recruitment of the Elm1 kinase to the bud neck. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002670 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data indicate that septin dynamics and SPOC function are intimately linked and support the idea that integrity of the bud neck is crucial for SPOC signalling. ..
- Wang M, Collins R. A lysine deacetylase Hos3 is targeted to the bud neck and involved in the spindle position checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:2720-34 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Hos3 facilitates cross-talk between the morphogenesis checkpoint and the SPOC as a component of the intricate monitoring of spindle orientation after mitotic entry and before commitment to mitotic exit. ..
- Eluère R, Varlet I, Bernadac A, Simon M. Cdk and the anillin homolog Bud4 define a new pathway regulating septin organization in yeast. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:151-8 pubmed publisher..and in parallel with septin phosphorylation by the p21-activated kinase Cla4 and the septin-dependent kinase Gin4. In addition, we show that the function of Bud4 is regulated by the cyclin-dependent protein kinase Cdk1, the ..
- Kim J, Rose M. Stable Pseudohyphal Growth in Budding Yeast Induced by Synergism between Septin Defects and Altered MAP-kinase Signaling. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005684 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings show that budding yeast can access a stable constitutive pseudohyphal growth state with very few genetic and regulatory changes. ..
- Enserink J, Smolka M, Zhou H, Kolodner R. Checkpoint proteins control morphogenetic events during DNA replication stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:729-41 pubmed..Thus, checkpoint proteins play an important role in coordinating morphogenetic events with DNA replication during replication stress. ..
- Souid A, Gao C, Wang L, Milgrom E, Shen W. ELM1 is required for multidrug resistance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2006;173:1919-37 pubmed..Collectively, these data show that ELM1, and genes encoding related serine/threonine protein kinases, are required for regulation of multidrug resistance involving, at least in part, control of PDR5 transcription...
- Tjandra H, Compton J, Kellogg D. Control of mitotic events by the Cdc42 GTPase, the Clb2 cyclin and a member of the PAK kinase family. Curr Biol. 1998;8:991-1000 pubmed..In this pathway, Clb2 initiates a series of events that lead to the mitosis-specific activation of the Gin4 protein kinase...
- Traven A, Beilharz T, Lo T, Lueder F, Preiss T, Heierhorst J. The Ccr4-Pop2-NOT mRNA deadenylase contributes to septin organization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2009;182:955-66 pubmed publisher..mRNAs encoding regulators of septin assembly (Ccd42, Cdc24, Rga1, Rga2, Bem3, Gin4, Cla4, and Elm1) presented with short poly(A) tails at steady state in wild-type (wt) cells, suggesting their ..
- Gao X, Sperber L, Kane S, Tong Z, Tong A, Boone C, et al. Sequential and distinct roles of the cadherin domain-containing protein Axl2p in cell polarization in yeast cell cycle. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2542-60 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that Axl2p plays sequential and distinct roles in the regulation of cellular morphogenesis in yeast cell cycle. ..
- Roelants F, Su B, von Wulffen J, Ramachandran S, Sartorel E, TROTT A, et al. Protein kinase Gin4 negatively regulates flippase function and controls plasma membrane asymmetry. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:299-311 pubmed publisher..By monitoring Fpk1 activity in vivo, we found that Fpk1 was hyperactive in cells lacking Gin4, a protein kinase previously implicated in septin collar assembly...
- Patasi C, GodoÄÃkovÃ¡ J, MichlÃkovÃ¡ S, Nie Y, KÃ¡ÄerikovÃ¡ R, KvÃ¡lovÃ¡ K, et al. The role of Bni5 in the regulation of septin higher-order structure formation. Biol Chem. 2015;396:1325-37 pubmed publisher..This work gives new insight into the regulatory role of Bni5 in the structural changes of septins. ..
- Calvert M, Keck K, Ptak C, Shabanowitz J, Hunt D, Pemberton L. Phosphorylation by casein kinase 2 regulates Nap1 localization and function. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1313-25 pubmed..In conclusion, our data show that Nap1 phosphorylation by CK2 appears to regulate Nap1 localization and is required for normal progression through S phase. ..
- Meitinger F, Palani S, Hub B, Pereira G. Dual function of the NDR-kinase Dbf2 in the regulation of the F-BAR protein Hof1 during cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1290-304 pubmed publisher..Thus our data show that Dbf2 coordinates septin and AMR functions during cytokinesis through the regulation/control of Hof1. ..
- Iwase M, Toh e A. Nis1 encoded by YNL078W: a new neck protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Genet Syst. 2001;76:335-43 pubmed..Nis1 was found to bind Gin4 and Kcc4 in the two-hybrid assay...