Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GET2
Description: GET complex subunit GET2
Alias: HUR2, RMD7, GET complex subunit GET2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Takahashi H, McCaffery J, Irizarry R, Boeke J. Nucleocytosolic acetyl-coenzyme a synthetase is required for histone acetylation and global transcription. Mol Cell. 2006;23:207-17 pubmed..Thus, acetyl-CoA metabolism is directly linked to chromatin regulation and may affect diverse cellular processes in which acetylation and metabolism intersect, such as disease states and aging. ..
- Webster M, McCaffery J, COHEN FIX O. Vesicle trafficking maintains nuclear shape in Saccharomyces cerevisiae during membrane proliferation. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1079-88 pubmed publisher..Moreover, flares may facilitate maintenance of a constant nuclear/cell volume ratio in the face of altered membrane proliferation. ..
- Okreglak V, Walter P. The conserved AAA-ATPase Msp1 confers organelle specificity to tail-anchored proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:8019-24 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Msp1 functions in local organelle surveillance by extracting mistargeted proteins, ensuring the fidelity of organelle specific-localization of TA proteins. ..
- Lafourcade C, Galan J, Gloor Y, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Peter M. The GTPase-activating enzyme Gyp1p is required for recycling of internalized membrane material by inactivation of the Rab/Ypt GTPase Ypt1p. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3815-26 pubmed..Interestingly, the deletions of GYP1 and YPT6 were synthetic lethal, raising the possibility that at least two distinct pathways are involved in recycling of membrane material. ..
- Joshi A, Fei N, Greenberg M. Get1p and Get2p are required for maintenance of mitochondrial morphology and normal cardiolipin levels. FEMS Yeast Res. 2016;16: pubmed publisher..The genetic interactions observed in this study identify novel physiological modifiers that are required for maintenance of CL levels and mitochondrial morphology. ..