Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GEA2
Description: Arf family guanine nucleotide exchange factor GEA2
Alias: Arf family guanine nucleotide exchange factor GEA2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Brett C, Plemel R, Lobingier B, Lobinger B, Vignali M, Fields S, et al. Efficient termination of vacuolar Rab GTPase signaling requires coordinated action by a GAP and a protein kinase. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:1141-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that signal propagation through the Ypt7 pathway is controlled by integrated feedback and feed-forward loops. In this model, Yck3 enforces a requirement for the activated Rab in docking and fusion. ..
- Tsai P, Hsu J, Liu Y, Chen K, Lee F. Arl1p regulates spatial membrane organization at the trans-Golgi network through interaction with Arf-GEF Gea2p and flippase Drs2p. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E668-77 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that activated Arl1p can promote the spatial modulation of membrane organization at the trans-Golgi network through interacting with the effectors Gea2p and Drs2p. ..
- Anders N, Nielsen M, Keicher J, Stierhof Y, Furutani M, Tasaka M, et al. Membrane association of the Arabidopsis ARF exchange factor GNOM involves interaction of conserved domains. Plant Cell. 2008;20:142-51 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a general model of large ARF-GEF function in which regulated changes in protein conformation control membrane association of the exchange factor and, thus, activation of ARFs. ..
- Lambert A, Perron M, Lavoie E, Pallotta D. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Arf3 protein is involved in actin cable and cortical patch formation. FEMS Yeast Res. 2007;7:782-95 pubmed..arf3Delta cells show a random budding pattern. Overexpression of BNI1, GEA2 or SYP1, three genes involved in actin cytoskeleton formation, restores the normal axial budding pattern of ..
- Chen S, Cai H, Park S, Menon S, Jackson C, Ferro Novick S. Trs65p, a subunit of the Ypt1p GEF TRAPPII, interacts with the Arf1p exchange factor Gea2p to facilitate COPI-mediated vesicle traffic. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3634-44 pubmed publisher..In support of this proposal, we show that TRAPPII is more soluble in an arf1? mutant. ..
- van der Vaart A, Griffith J, Reggiori F. Exit from the Golgi is required for the expansion of the autophagosomal phagophore in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2270-84 pubmed publisher..and have determined that in yeast, activation of ADP-ribosylation factor (Arf)1 and Arf2 GTPases by Sec7, Gea1, and Gea2 is essential for this catabolic process...
- Park S, Hartnell L, Jackson C. Mutations in a highly conserved region of the Arf1p activator GEA2 block anterograde Golgi transport but not COPI recruitment to membranes. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3786-99 pubmed..These gea2-ts mutants block or slow transport of proteins traversing the secretory pathway at exit from the endoplasmic ..
- Zakrzewska E, Perron M, Laroche A, Pallotta D. A role for GEA1 and GEA2 in the organization of the actin cytoskeleton in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2003;165:985-95 pubmed..The GEA1 and GEA2 genes, which code for paralog guanosine exchange factors for Arf proteins, were identified as multicopy suppressors ..
- Spang A, Herrmann J, Hamamoto S, Schekman R. The ADP ribosylation factor-nucleotide exchange factors Gea1p and Gea2p have overlapping, but not redundant functions in retrograde transport from the Golgi to the endoplasmic reticulum. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:1035-45 pubmed..We identified GEA2 as a multicopy suppressor of a sec21-3 temperature-sensitive mutant...