Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GEA1
Description: Arf family guanine nucleotide exchange factor GEA1
Alias: Arf family guanine nucleotide exchange factor GEA1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tsai P, Hsu J, Liu Y, Chen K, Lee F. Arl1p regulates spatial membrane organization at the trans-Golgi network through interaction with Arf-GEF Gea2p and flippase Drs2p. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E668-77 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that activated Arl1p can promote the spatial modulation of membrane organization at the trans-Golgi network through interacting with the effectors Gea2p and Drs2p. ..
- Mossessova E, Corpina R, Goldberg J. Crystal structure of ARF1*Sec7 complexed with Brefeldin A and its implications for the guanine nucleotide exchange mechanism. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1403-11 pubmed..Thus, the Sec7 domain may act as a dual catalyst, facilitating both nucleotide release and conformational switching on ARF proteins. ..
- Park S, Hartnell L, Jackson C. Mutations in a highly conserved region of the Arf1p activator GEA2 block anterograde Golgi transport but not COPI recruitment to membranes. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3786-99 pubmed..Hence this region of Gea2p upstream of the Sec7 domain plays a role in anterograde transport that is independent of its role in recruiting COPI for retrograde transport, at least of a subset of Golgi-ER cargo. ..
- Anders N, Nielsen M, Keicher J, Stierhof Y, Furutani M, Tasaka M, et al. Membrane association of the Arabidopsis ARF exchange factor GNOM involves interaction of conserved domains. Plant Cell. 2008;20:142-51 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a general model of large ARF-GEF function in which regulated changes in protein conformation control membrane association of the exchange factor and, thus, activation of ARFs. ..
- Aucher W, Becker E, Ma E, Miron S, Martel A, Ochsenbein F, et al. A strategy for interaction site prediction between phospho-binding modules and their partners identified from proteomic data. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:2745-59 pubmed publisher..The STRIP method relies on a combination of conservation, phosphorylation likelihood, and binding specificity criteria and can be accessed via a web interface at http://biodev.extra.cea.fr/strip/. ..