Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GDI1
Alias: SEC19, Gdi1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Calero M, Collins R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pra1p/Yip3p interacts with Yip1p and Rab proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:676-81 pubmed..The interactions between Pra1p/Yip3p and Rab proteins are dependent on the presence of the Rab protein C-terminal cysteines and require C-terminal prenylation. ..
- Walch Solimena C, Novick P. The yeast phosphatidylinositol-4-OH kinase pik1 regulates secretion at the Golgi. Nat Cell Biol. 1999;1:523-5 pubmed
- Luan P, Balch W, Emr S, Burd C. Molecular dissection of guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor function in vivo. Rab-independent binding to membranes and role of Rab recycling factors. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14806-17 pubmed..Furthermore, we find that membrane association of Gdi1p is Rab-independent...
- Ignatev A, Kravchenko S, Rak A, Goody R, Pylypenko O. A structural model of the GDP dissociation inhibitor rab membrane extraction mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18377-84 pubmed publisher..We suggest a model for the interaction of GDI with prenylated Rab proteins that incorporates a stepwise increase in affinity as the three different partial interactions are successively formed. ..
- Gilbert P, Burd C. GDP dissociation inhibitor domain II required for Rab GTPase recycling. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:8014-20 pubmed..In this study, Domain II of yeast GDI, encoded by the essential GDI1/SEC19 gene, was targeted in a genetic screen to obtain mutants that might lend insight into the function of this domain...
- Cabrera M, Ungermann C. Guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) have a critical but not exclusive role in organelle localization of Rab GTPases. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:28704-12 pubmed publisher..Our data agree with the emerging model that GEFs are critical for Rab localization but raise the possibility that additional factors can contribute to this process...
- Ezaki B, Nakakihara E. Possible involvement of GDI1 protein, a GDP dissociation inhibitor related to vesicle transport, in an amelioration of zinc toxicity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2012;29:17-24 pubmed publisher..A temperature-sensitive gdi1 mutant (originally called sec19), in which the GDP dissociation inhibitor becomes inactive at the non-permissive temperature (37?°C), was more ..
- Chen C, Calero M, DeRegis C, Heidtman M, Barlowe C, Collins R. Genetic analysis of yeast Yip1p function reveals a requirement for Golgi-localized rab proteins and rab-Guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor. Genetics. 2004;168:1827-41 pubmed
- Lo S, Brett C, Plemel R, Vignali M, Fields S, Gonen T, et al. Intrinsic tethering activity of endosomal Rab proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:40-7 pubmed publisher..In our working model, the intrinsic tethering capacity Vps21 operates in concert with conventional effectors and SNAREs to drive efficient docking and fusion. ..
- Ignatev A, Piatkov K, Pylypenko O, Rak A. A size filtration approach to purify low affinity complexes for crystallization. J Struct Biol. 2007;159:154-7 pubmed..The resulting model of the low affinity unprenylated Rab-GDI complex should reflect a transient Rab-GDI complex when GDI is bound to the membrane-anchored Rab protein and is poised to extract Rab to cytosol. ..