Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GBP2
Description: single-stranded telomeric DNA-binding/mRNA-binding protein
Alias: RLF6, single-stranded telomeric DNA-binding/mRNA-binding protein
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lukasiewicz R, Velazquez Dones A, Huynh N, Hagopian J, Fu X, Adams J, et al. Structurally unique yeast and mammalian serine-arginine protein kinases catalyze evolutionarily conserved phosphorylation reactions. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23036-43 pubmed..Thus, there are physical attributes of SR and SR-like substrates that dictate the mechanism of phosphorylation, whereas the ability to processively phosphorylate substrates is inherent to SR protein kinases. ..
- Gao L, Bretscher A. Analysis of unregulated formin activity reveals how yeast can balance F-actin assembly between different microfilament-based organizations. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1474-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, cells must have a way of ensuring a proper balance between actin assembly pathways. ..
- Konkel L, Enomoto S, Chamberlain E, McCune Zierath P, Iyadurai S, Berman J. A class of single-stranded telomeric DNA-binding proteins required for Rap1p localization in yeast nuclei. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:5558-62 pubmed..Disruption of RLF6 alters the distribution of repressor/activator protein 1 (Rap1p), a telomere-associated protein...
- Inoue K, Mizuno T, Wada K, Hagiwara M. Novel RING finger proteins, Air1p and Air2p, interact with Hmt1p and inhibit the arginine methylation of Npl3p. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32793-9 pubmed..Thus, Air1p and Air2p may affect mRNA transport by regulating the arginine methylation state of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins...
- Erce M, Abeygunawardena D, Low J, Hart Smith G, Wilkins M. Interactions affected by arginine methylation in the yeast protein-protein interaction network. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:3184-98 pubmed publisher..Interactions between the yeast hub protein Npl3 and yeast proteins Air2, Ded1, Gbp2, Snp1, and Yra1 were first validated in the absence of methylation...