Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FUN30
Description: DNA-dependent ATPase FUN30
Alias: DNA-dependent ATPase FUN30
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bantele S, Ferreira P, Gritenaite D, Boos D, Pfander B. Targeting of the Fun30 nucleosome remodeller by the Dpb11 scaffold facilitates cell cycle-regulated DNA end resection. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Here, we show that both layers of control converge in the regulation of resection by the evolutionarily conserved Fun30/SMARCAD1 remodeller...
- Durand Dubief M, Will W, Petrini E, Theodorou D, Harris R, Crawford M, et al. SWI/SNF-like chromatin remodeling factor Fun30 supports point centromere function in S. cerevisiae. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002974 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Fun30, a poorly understood SWI/SNF-like chromatin remodeling factor conserved in humans, promotes point centromere ..
- Bi X, Yu Q, Siler J, Li C, Khan A. Functions of Fun30 chromatin remodeler in regulating cellular resistance to genotoxic stress. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0121341 pubmed publisherThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae Fun30 chromatin remodeler has recently been shown to facilitate long-range resection of DNA double strand break (DSB) ends, which proceeds homologous recombination (HR)...
- Chen X, Niu H, Yu Y, Wang J, Zhu S, Zhou J, et al. Enrichment of Cdk1-cyclins at DNA double-strand breaks stimulates Fun30 phosphorylation and DNA end resection. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2742-53 pubmed publisher..Here we identify the Fun30 chromatin remodeler as a new target of Cdk1...
- Mehta A, Beach A, Haber J. Homology Requirements and Competition between Gene Conversion and Break-Induced Replication during Double-Strand Break Repair. Mol Cell. 2017;65:515-526.e3 pubmed publisher..With short second-end homology, absence of the RecQ helicase Sgs1 promotes gene conversion, whereas deletion of the FANCM-related Mph1 helicase promotes BIR. ..
- Siler J, Xia B, Wong C, Kath M, Bi X. Cell cycle-dependent positive and negative functions of Fun30 chromatin remodeler in DNA damage response. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;50:61-70 pubmed publisherThe evolutionally conserved Fun30 chromatin remodeler in Saccharomyces cerevisiae has been shown to contribute to cellular resistance to genotoxic stress inflicted by camptothecin (CPT), methyl methanesulfonate (MMS) and hydroxyurea (HU)...