Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FAB1
Description: 1-phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate 5-kinase
Alias: SVL7, 1-phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate 5-kinase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bidlingmaier S, Snyder M. Large-scale identification of genes important for apical growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by directed allele replacement technology (DART) screening. Funct Integr Genomics. 2002;1:345-56 pubmed..29 insertion alleles, containing mutations in 17 different genes ( SMY1, SPA2, PAN1, SLA1, SLA2, CBK1, SEC22, FAB1, VPS36, VID22, RAS2, ECM33, OPI3, API1/YDR372c, API2/YDR525w, API3/YKR020w, and API4/YNL051w), which alter the ..
- Paumi C, Menendez J, Arnoldo A, Engels K, Iyer K, Thaminy S, et al. Mapping protein-protein interactions for the yeast ABC transporter Ycf1p by integrated split-ubiquitin membrane yeast two-hybrid analysis. Mol Cell. 2007;26:15-25 pubmed..Our study provides proof of principle that iMYTH is an ideal methodology to identify physiological interactors and regulators of ABC transporters and other yeast transmembrane proteins...
- Georgakopoulos T, Koutroubas G, Vakonakis I, Tzermia M, Prokova V, Voutsina A, et al. Functional analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae YFR021w/YGR223c/YPL100w ORF family suggests relations to mitochondrial/peroxisomal functions and amino acid signalling pathways. Yeast. 2001;18:1155-71 pubmed..We found no unique phenotype attributed to the deletion of YGR223c. However, its function interferes with the function of the other two ORFs, as revealed by the effects of double- and triple-ORF deletions. ..
- Thumm M, Busse R, Scacioc A, Stephan M, Janshoff A, Kühnel K, et al. It takes two to tango: PROPPINs use two phosphoinositide-binding sites. Autophagy. 2013;9:106-7 pubmed publisher..We expect that membrane association of PROPPINs is further stabilized by membrane insertions and interactions with other proteins. ..
- Jin N, Mao K, Jin Y, Tevzadze G, Kauffman E, Park S, et al. Roles for PI(3,5)P2 in nutrient sensing through TORC1. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1171-85 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal PI(3,5)P(2) as a general regulator of TORC1 and suggest that PI(3,5)P(2) provides a platform for TORC1 signaling from lysosomes. ..
- Yadav P, Rajasekharan R. The m6A methyltransferase Ime4 epitranscriptionally regulates triacylglycerol metabolism and vacuolar morphology in haploid yeast cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13727-13744 pubmed publisher..Because the yeast vacuole is an analogue of the mammalian lysosome, our findings pave the way to better understand the role of m6A methylation in lysosome-related functions and diseases. ..
- Nomura W, Maeta K, Inoue Y. Phosphatidylinositol 3,5-bisphosphate is involved in methylglyoxal-induced activation of the Mpk1 mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15039-15048 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PtdIns(3,5)P2 is specifically involved in the MG-induced activation of the Mpk1 MAPK cascade and in the cellular adaptation to MG-induced stress. ..
- Tahirovic S, Schorr M, Mayinger P. Regulation of intracellular phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate by the Sac1 lipid phosphatase. Traffic. 2005;6:116-30 pubmed..We conclude that Sac1p functions in confining PtdIns(4)P-dependent processes to specific intracellular membranes. ..
- Alghamdi T, Ho C, Mrakovic A, Taylor D, Mao D, Botelho R. Vac14 protein multimerization is a prerequisite step for Fab1 protein complex assembly and function. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9363-72 pubmed publisher..The Fab1/PIKfyve lipid kinase phosphorylates PtdIns(3)P into PtdIns(3,5)P2 whereas the Fig4/Sac3 lipid phosphatase ..
- Ho C, Choy C, Wattson C, Johnson D, Botelho R. The Fab1/PIKfyve phosphoinositide phosphate kinase is not necessary to maintain the pH of lysosomes and of the yeast vacuole. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:9919-28 pubmed publisher..For example, quinacrine, an acidotropic fluorescent base, does not accumulate in the vacuoles of fab1Î” yeast...
- LÃ³pez MartÃnez G, Margalef CatalÃ M, Salinas F, Liti G, Cordero Otero R. ATG18 and FAB1 are involved in dehydration stress tolerance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119606 pubmed publisher..We report new phenotypes for these genes using a previously validated test. Finally, our data illustrates the power of this approach in the investigation of the complex cell dehydration phenotype. ..
- Jin N, Jin Y, Weisman L. Early protection to stress mediated by CDK-dependent PI3,5P2 signaling from the vacuole/lysosome. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2075-2090 pubmed publisher..lipid PI3,5P2 We show that Pho85/CDK5 directly phosphorylates and positively regulates the PI3P-5 kinase Fab1/PIKfyve complex and provide evidence that this regulation is conserved in mammalian cells...
- Phelan J, Millson S, Parker P, Piper P, Cooke F. Fab1p and AP-1 are required for trafficking of endogenously ubiquitylated cargoes to the vacuole lumen in S. cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4225-34 pubmed..Our data imply that AP-1 is required for some Fab1p and PtdIns(3,5)P2-dependent processes. ..