Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ENO2
Description: phosphopyruvate hydratase ENO2
Alias: phosphopyruvate hydratase ENO2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Brandina I, Graham J, Lemaitre Guillier C, Entelis N, Krasheninnikov I, Sweetlove L, et al. Enolase takes part in a macromolecular complex associated to mitochondria in yeast. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1757:1217-28 pubmed..This suggests an unsuspected novel function for this complex in tRNA mitochondrial import. ..
- Kaplan Y, Kupiec M. A role for the yeast cell cycle/splicing factor Cdc40 in the G1/S transition. Curr Genet. 2007;51:123-40 pubmed..Finally, we discuss possible mechanisms of suppression by the cDNAs that imply cell cycle regulation by apparently unrelated processes, such as splicing, translation initiation and glycolysis. ..
- Guillen Ahlers H, Rao P, Levenstein M, Kennedy Darling J, Perumalla D, Jadhav A, et al. HyCCAPP as a tool to characterize promoter DNA-protein interactions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genomics. 2016;107:267-73 pubmed publisher..Both novel and known locus-specific DNA-protein interactions were identified at the ENO2 and GAL1 promoter regions of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and revealed subgroups of proteins present in significantly ..
- Kornblatt M, Lange R, Balny C. Use of hydrostatic pressure to produce 'native' monomers of yeast enolase. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:3897-904 pubmed
- Entelis N, Brandina I, Kamenski P, Krasheninnikov I, Martin R, Tarassov I. A glycolytic enzyme, enolase, is recruited as a cofactor of tRNA targeting toward mitochondria in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1609-20 pubmed..Our results indicate an alternative molecular chaperone function of glycolytic enzyme enolase in tRNA mitochondrial targeting. ..