Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: END3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tang H, Xu J, Cai M. Pan1p, End3p, and S1a1p, three yeast proteins required for normal cortical actin cytoskeleton organization, associate with each other and play essential roles in cell wall morphogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:12-25 pubmedThe EH domain proteins Pan1p and End3p of budding yeast have been known to form a complex in vivo and play important roles in organization of the actin cytoskeleton and endocytosis...
- Toshima J, Toshima J, Duncan M, Cope M, Sun Y, Martin A, et al. Negative regulation of yeast Eps15-like Arp2/3 complex activator, Pan1p, by the Hip1R-related protein, Sla2p, during endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:658-68 pubmed..Using tandem affinity purification-tagged Pan1p, we identified End3p as a stoichiometric component of the Pan1p complex, and Sla2p, a yeast Hip1R-related protein, as a novel binding ..
- Mitsui K, Hatakeyama K, Matsushita M, Kanazawa H. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Na+/H+ antiporter Nha1p associates with lipid rafts and requires sphingolipid for stable localization to the plasma membrane. J Biochem. 2009;145:709-20 pubmed publisher..The results of the current study suggest that sphingolipids are required for the stable localization of Nha1p to the plasma membrane. ..
- Suzuki R, Toshima J, Toshima J. Regulation of clathrin coat assembly by Eps15 homology domain-mediated interactions during endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:687-700 pubmed publisher..Several lines of evidence suggest that the yeast EH domain-containing proteins Pan1p, End3p, and Ede1p play important roles during endocytosis...
- Jacquier N, Schneiter R. Ypk1, the yeast orthologue of the human serum- and glucocorticoid-induced kinase, is required for efficient uptake of fatty acids. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2218-27 pubmed publisher..Consistent with such a proposition, mutations that block early steps of endocytosis display reduced levels of fatty-acid uptake. ..
- Friesen H, Murphy K, Breitkreutz A, Tyers M, Andrews B. Regulation of the yeast amphiphysin homologue Rvs167p by phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3027-40 pubmed..Our results suggest that phosphorylation of Rvs167p by a cyclin-dependent kinase and by a MAP kinase is an important mechanism for regulating protein complexes involved in actin cytoskeleton function. ..
- Miliaras N, Park J, Wendland B. The function of the endocytic scaffold protein Pan1p depends on multiple domains. Traffic. 2004;5:963-78 pubmed..Collectively, our data support a view of Pan1p as a dimeric/oligomeric scaffold whose functions require both the amino- and carboxy-termini, linked by the central region. ..
- Pineau L, Bonifait L, Berjeaud J, Alimardani Theuil P, Berges T, Ferreira T. A lipid-mediated quality control process in the Golgi apparatus in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:807-21 pubmed
- Ganusova E, Ozolins L, Bhagat S, Newnam G, Wegrzyn R, Sherman M, et al. Modulation of prion formation, aggregation, and toxicity by the actin cytoskeleton in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:617-29 pubmed..These aggregates promote prion formation. Moreover, it appears that the actin cytoskeleton also plays a certain role in counteracting the toxicity of the overproduced potentially aggregating proteins. ..
- Suzuki A, Mochizuki T, Uemura S, Hiraki T, Abe F. Pressure-induced endocytic degradation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae low-affinity tryptophan permease Tat1 is mediated by Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase and functionally redundant PPxY motif proteins. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:990-7 pubmed publisher..25 MPa triggers a degradation of Tat1 which depends on Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase and the EH domain-containing protein End3. Tat1 was resistant to a 3-h cycloheximide treatment, suggesting that it is highly stable under normal growth ..
- Aucher W, Becker E, Ma E, Miron S, Martel A, Ochsenbein F, et al. A strategy for interaction site prediction between phospho-binding modules and their partners identified from proteomic data. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:2745-59 pubmed publisher..The STRIP method relies on a combination of conservation, phosphorylation likelihood, and binding specificity criteria and can be accessed via a web interface at http://biodev.extra.cea.fr/strip/. ..
- Estrella L, Krishnamurthy S, Timme C, Hampsey M. The Rsp5 E3 ligase mediates turnover of low affinity phosphate transporters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5327-34 pubmed publisher..Here we report that either a defective form of the Rsp5 E3 ubiquitin ligase or deletion of the End3 component of the endocytic pathway restores growth of the pho4 Delta mutant in the presence of limiting inorganic ..
- Chin C, Tan K, Onishi M, Chew Y, Augustine B, Lee W, et al. Timely Endocytosis of Cytokinetic Enzymes Prevents Premature Spindle Breakage during Mitotic Exit. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006195 pubmed publisher..The findings from our study highlight the importance of timely endocytosis of cytokinetic enzymes at the division site in safeguarding mitotic spindle integrity during mitotic exit. ..
- Morishita M, Engebrecht J. End3p-mediated endocytosis is required for spore wall formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2005;170:1561-74 pubmed..b>End3p-GFP localized to cell and spore peripheries in vegetative and sporulating cells and colocalized with actin ..
- Zeng G, Huang B, Neo S, Wang J, Cai M. Scd5p mediates phosphoregulation of actin and endocytosis by the type 1 phosphatase Glc7p in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:4885-98 pubmed..Pan1p in two ways: directly by interacting with Pan1p and indirectly by interacting with the Pan1p-binding protein End3p. Depletion of Glc7p from the cells causes defects in cell growth, actin organization, and endocytosis, all of ..
- Kaminska J, Gajewska B, Hopper A, Zoładek T. Rsp5p, a new link between the actin cytoskeleton and endocytosis in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6946-8 pubmed..rsp5 arp2, rsp5 end3, and rsp5 sla2 double mutants all show synthetic growth defects...
- Henry K, D hondt K, Chang J, Newpher T, Huang K, Hudson R, et al. Scd5p and clathrin function are important for cortical actin organization, endocytosis, and localization of sla2p in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2607-25 pubmed..Therefore, Scd5p and clathrin are important for actin organization and endocytosis, and Sla2p may provide a critical link between clathrin and the actin cytoskeleton in yeast, similar to HIP1(R) in animal cells. ..
- Sinha H, Nicholson B, Steinmetz L, McCusker J. Complex genetic interactions in a quantitative trait locus. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e13 pubmed..In this work, we analyzed three Saccharomyces cerevisiae high-temperature growth (Htg) QTGs (MKT1, END3, and RHO2). We observed a high level of genetic interactions among QTGs and strain background...
- Gourlay C, Ayscough K. Identification of an upstream regulatory pathway controlling actin-mediated apoptosis in yeast. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2119-32 pubmed..The actin regulatory proteins Sla1p and End3p are important in maintaining a rapid turnover of F-actin in cortical patches...
- Zeng G, Yu X, Cai M. Regulation of yeast actin cytoskeleton-regulatory complex Pan1p/Sla1p/End3p by serine/threonine kinase Prk1p. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3759-72 pubmed..Pan1p, an actin patch regulatory protein that forms a complex in vivo with at least two other proteins, Sla1p and End3p. In this report, we identified Sla1p as another substrate for Prk1p...
- Kelly M, Brosnan L, Jauert P, Dunham M, Kirkpatrick D. Multiple pathways regulate minisatellite stability during stationary phase in yeast. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:1185-95 pubmed publisher..In this work, we identified mutants of END3, PKC1, and RAD27 that increase minisatellite instability during stationary phase...
- Whitworth K, Bradford M, Camara N, Wendland B. Targeted disruption of an EH-domain protein endocytic complex, Pan1-End3. Traffic. 2014;15:43-59 pubmed publisher..In this study, we have characterized the binding sites between Pan1 and its constitutive binding partner End3, another EH domain containing endocytic protein...
- Lin S, Pufahl R, Dancis A, O Halloran T, Culotta V. A role for the Saccharomyces cerevisiae ATX1 gene in copper trafficking and iron transport. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:9215-20 pubmed..The iron deficiency of atx1 mutants is augmented by mutations in END3 blocking endocytosis, suggesting that a parallel pathway for intracellular copper trafficking is mediated by ..
- Deloche O, Schekman R. Vps10p cycles between the TGN and the late endosome via the plasma membrane in clathrin mutants. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:4296-307 pubmed..In contrast, Vps10p accumulates at the cell surface in a chc1/end3 double mutant, suggesting that Vps10p is rerouted to the cell surface in the absence of clathrin...
- Jensen L, Carroll M, Hall M, Harvey C, Beese S, Culotta V. Down-regulation of a manganese transporter in the face of metal toxicity. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2810-9 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that manganese starvation is sensed within the lumen of the secretory pathway, whereas manganese toxicity is sensed within an extra-Golgi/cytosolic compartment of the cell. ..
- Pruyne D, Bretscher A. Polarization of cell growth in yeast. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 4):571-85 pubmed..The dynamic arrangement of targeting and recycling provides flexibility for the precise control of morphogenesis. ..
- Swaminathan S, Amerik A, Hochstrasser M. The Doa4 deubiquitinating enzyme is required for ubiquitin homeostasis in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2583-94 pubmed..We propose that Doa4 helps recycle ubiquitin from both proteasome-bound ubiquitinated intermediates and membrane proteins destined for destruction in the vacuole. ..
- Sun Y, Leong N, Jiang T, Tangara A, Darzacq X, Drubin D. Switch-like Arp2/3 activation upon WASP and WIP recruitment to an apparent threshold level by multivalent linker proteins in vivo. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..These studies provide evidence that WASP and WIP play central roles in establishment of a robust multivalent SH3 domain-PRM network in vivo, giving actin assembly onset at endocytic sites a switch-like behavior. ..
- Kaminska J, Wysocka Kapcinska M, Smaczyńska de Rooij I, Rytka J, Zoładek T. Pan1p, an actin cytoskeleton-associated protein, is required for growth of yeast on oleate medium. Exp Cell Res. 2005;310:482-92 pubmed..The growth defects of pan1-11 are suppressed by overexpression of the END3 gene encoding a protein that binds Pan1p...
- Du W, Ayscough K. Methyl beta-cyclodextrin reduces accumulation of reactive oxygen species and cell death in yeast. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;46:1478-87 pubmed publisher..Here we show that in yeast cells deleted for end3, which functions to regulate actin organization during endocytosis, treatment of cells with methyl beta-..
- Sun Y, Leong N, Wong T, Drubin D. A Pan1/End3/Sla1 complex links Arp2/3-mediated actin assembly to sites of clathrin-mediated endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:3841-56 pubmed publisher..The yeast Eps15-related proteins Pan1 and End3 and the CIN85-related protein Sla1 are known to interact with each other in vitro, and they all appear after ..