Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ELP6
Description: Elongator subunit ELP6
Alias: HAP3, KTI4, TOT6, Elongator subunit ELP6
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Winkler G, Kristjuhan A, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Svejstrup J. Elongator is a histone H3 and H4 acetyltransferase important for normal histone acetylation levels in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3517-22 pubmed..The three smallest Elongator subunits--Elp4, Elp5, and Elp6--are required for HAT activity, and Elongator binds to both naked and nucleosomal DNA...
- Petrakis T, Wittschieben B, Svejstrup J. Molecular architecture, structure-function relationship, and importance of the Elp3 subunit for the RNA binding of holo-elongator. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32087-92 pubmed..In contrast, Elongator-RNA interaction requires the Elp3 protein. Together, these data shed light on the structure-function relationship of the Elongator complex. ..
- Xue Y, Kowalska A, Grabowska K, Przybyt K, Cichewicz M, Del Rosario B, et al. Histone chaperones Nap1 and Vps75 regulate histone acetylation during transcription elongation. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1645-56 pubmed publisher..This work sheds further light on the importance of histone chaperones as general regulators of transcription elongation. ..
- Setiaputra D, Cheng D, Lu S, Hansen J, Dalwadi U, Lam C, et al. Molecular architecture of the yeast Elongator complex reveals an unexpected asymmetric subunit arrangement. EMBO Rep. 2017;18:280-291 pubmed publisher..Conserved from yeast to humans, Elongator is assembled from two copies of six unique subunits (Elp1 to Elp6)...
- Zabel R, Bär C, Mehlgarten C, Schaffrath R. Yeast alpha-tubulin suppressor Ats1/Kti13 relates to the Elongator complex and interacts with Elongator partner protein Kti11. Mol Microbiol. 2008;69:175-87 pubmed publisher..In sum, our data suggest that Kti13 and Kti11 support Elongator functions and that they both share Elongator-independent role(s) that are important for cell viability. ..
- Greenwood C, Selth L, Dirac Svejstrup A, Svejstrup J. An iron-sulfur cluster domain in Elp3 important for the structural integrity of elongator. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:141-9 pubmed publisher..Together our data support the idea that the Elp3 FeS cluster is essential for normal Elongator function in vivo primarily as a structural, rather than catalytic, domain. ..
- Laribee R, Krogan N, Xiao T, Shibata Y, Hughes T, Greenblatt J, et al. BUR kinase selectively regulates H3 K4 trimethylation and H2B ubiquitylation through recruitment of the PAF elongation complex. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1487-93 pubmed..Our data reveal a novel function for the BUR kinase in transcriptional regulation through the selective control of histone modifications. ..
- Krogan N, Greenblatt J. Characterization of a six-subunit holo-elongator complex required for the regulated expression of a group of genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:8203-12 pubmed..yeast Holo-Elongator complex containing three additional polypeptides, which we have named Elp4, Elp5, and Elp6. TAP tapping and subsequent purification of any one of the six subunits result in the isolation of all six ..