Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ELP4
Description: Elongator subunit ELP4
Alias: HAP1, KTI9, TOT7, Elongator subunit ELP4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Li Y, Takagi Y, Jiang Y, Tokunaga M, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. A multiprotein complex that interacts with RNA polymerase II elongator. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29628-31 pubmed..Deletions of genes for two Hap subunits, HAP1 and HAP3, confer pGKL killer-insensitive and weak Elongator phenotypes...
- Xue Y, Kowalska A, Grabowska K, Przybyt K, Cichewicz M, Del Rosario B, et al. Histone chaperones Nap1 and Vps75 regulate histone acetylation during transcription elongation. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1645-56 pubmed publisher..This work sheds further light on the importance of histone chaperones as general regulators of transcription elongation. ..
- Xu H, Bygdell J, Wingsle G, BystrÃ¶m A. Yeast Elongator protein Elp1p does not undergo proteolytic processing in exponentially growing cells. Microbiologyopen. 2015;4:867-78 pubmed publisher..Consequently, our results indicate that N-terminal truncation of Elp1p is not likely to regulate Elongator complex activity. ..
- Daudén M, Kosinski J, Kolaj Robin O, Desfosses A, Ori A, Faux C, et al. Architecture of the yeast Elongator complex. EMBO Rep. 2017;18:264-279 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a structural framework on how the tRNA modification activity is carried out by Elongator. ..
- Petrakis T, Søgaard T, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Svejstrup J. Physical and functional interaction between Elongator and the chromatin-associated Kti12 protein. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19454-60 pubmed..Together, these experiments indicate a close physical and functional relationship between Elongator and the highly conserved Kti12 protein. ..
- Petrakis T, Wittschieben B, Svejstrup J. Molecular architecture, structure-function relationship, and importance of the Elp3 subunit for the RNA binding of holo-elongator. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32087-92 pubmed..Elp2 and Elp4 were largely dispensable for the association of Elongator with nascent RNA transcript in vivo...
- James A, Cocheme H, Murai M, Miyoshi H, Murphy M. Complementation of coenzyme Q-deficient yeast by coenzyme Q analogues requires the isoprenoid side chain. FEBS J. 2010;277:2067-82 pubmed publisher..Here we suggest that CoQ or its redox state may be a signal for growth during the shift to respiration. ..
- Chen C, Huang B, Eliasson M, Ryden P, Byström A. Elongator complex influences telomeric gene silencing and DNA damage response by its role in wobble uridine tRNA modification. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002258 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this notion, we found that expression of Sir4, a silent information regulator required for assembly of silent chromatin at telomeres, was decreased in the elp3? mutants. ..
- Laribee R, Krogan N, Xiao T, Shibata Y, Hughes T, Greenblatt J, et al. BUR kinase selectively regulates H3 K4 trimethylation and H2B ubiquitylation through recruitment of the PAF elongation complex. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1487-93 pubmed..Our data reveal a novel function for the BUR kinase in transcriptional regulation through the selective control of histone modifications. ..
- Setiaputra D, Cheng D, Lu S, Hansen J, Dalwadi U, Lam C, et al. Molecular architecture of the yeast Elongator complex reveals an unexpected asymmetric subunit arrangement. EMBO Rep. 2017;18:280-291 pubmed publisher..This work provides the first structural insights into Elongator and a framework to understand the molecular basis of its multifunctionality. ..