Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EGD2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Keefer K, True H. Prion-Associated Toxicity is Rescued by Elimination of Cotranslational Chaperones. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006431 pubmed publisher..This toxicity rescue demonstrates that chaperone modification can block key steps of the prion life cycle and has exciting implications for potential treatment of many human protein conformational disorders. ..
- Möckli N, Deplazes A, Hassa P, Zhang Z, Peter M, Hottiger M, et al. Yeast split-ubiquitin-based cytosolic screening system to detect interactions between transcriptionally active proteins. Biotechniques. 2007;42:725-30 pubmed..The cytoY2H system extends existing methods for the detection of protein interactions by providing a convenient solution for screening a wide range of transcriptionally active proteins. ..
- Fernández Murray J, McMaster C. Identification of novel phospholipid binding proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:82-6 pubmed..This simple approach could be systematically applied to perform an exhaustive screen for soluble lipid binding proteins in S. cerevisiae or other organisms. ..
- Takahashi T, Hirose K, Mizutani E, Naganuma A. Dysfunctional nascent polypeptide-associated complex (NAC) activity in ribosomes enhances adriamycin toxicity in budding yeast. J Toxicol Sci. 2009;34:703-8 pubmed..This revealed that adriamycin toxicity was enhanced byloss of the Egd1 or Egd2 subunits of the nascent polypeptide-associated complex(NAC)...
- Hiraishi H, Shimada T, Ohtsu I, Sato T, Takagi H. The yeast ubiquitin ligase Rsp5 downregulates the alpha subunit of nascent polypeptide-associated complex Egd2 under stress conditions. FEBS J. 2009;276:5287-97 pubmed publisher..obtained indicate that several proteins, including the a-subunit of nascent polypeptide-associated complex (aNAC, Egd2) accumulated in the rsp5 mutant...
- Zhang Y, Berndt U, Gölz H, Tais A, Oellerer S, Wölfle T, et al. NAC functions as a modulator of SRP during the early steps of protein targeting to the endoplasmic reticulum. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3027-40 pubmed publisher..The combined data indicate a functional interplay between NAC and SRP on ER-targeted RNCs, which is based on the ability of the two complexes to bind simultaneously to distinct segments of a single nascent chain. ..
- Lesnik C, Cohen Y, Atir Lande A, Schuldiner M, Arava Y. OM14 is a mitochondrial receptor for cytosolic ribosomes that supports co-translational import into mitochondria. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5711 pubmed publisher..These results provide a strong support for an additional, co-translational mode of import into mitochondria. ..
- Nyathi Y, Pool M. Analysis of the interplay of protein biogenesis factors at the ribosome exit site reveals new role for NAC. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:287-301 pubmed publisher..NAC also functions in SRP-dependent targeting and helps to protect substrates from aggregation before translocation. ..