Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EGD1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lesnik C, Cohen Y, Atir Lande A, Schuldiner M, Arava Y. OM14 is a mitochondrial receptor for cytosolic ribosomes that supports co-translational import into mitochondria. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5711 pubmed publisher..These results provide a strong support for an additional, co-translational mode of import into mitochondria. ..
- Hu G, Ronne H. Yeast BTF3 protein is encoded by duplicated genes and inhibits the expression of some genes in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:2740-3 pubmed..Cell 50, 361-368, 1987]. A yeast homologue of BTF3, Egd1p, has been identified by its ability to enhance DNA binding of the Gal4p activator [Parthun et al., Mol. Cell. Biol...
- Hayashi S, Andoh T, Tani T. EGD1 (?-NAC) mRNA is localized in a novel cytoplasmic structure in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 2011;16:316-29 pubmed publisher..localization of EGD1 mRNA requires both an upstream region and an ORF of EGD1, suggesting that the translation of Egd1p is important for localization. We also showed that Egd1p and P-body components are co-localized with EGD1 mRNA...
- Nyathi Y, Pool M. Analysis of the interplay of protein biogenesis factors at the ribosome exit site reveals new role for NAC. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:287-301 pubmed publisher..NAC also functions in SRP-dependent targeting and helps to protect substrates from aggregation before translocation. ..
- Keefer K, True H. Prion-Associated Toxicity is Rescued by Elimination of Cotranslational Chaperones. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006431 pubmed publisher..This toxicity rescue demonstrates that chaperone modification can block key steps of the prion life cycle and has exciting implications for potential treatment of many human protein conformational disorders. ..
- Takahashi T, Hirose K, Mizutani E, Naganuma A. Dysfunctional nascent polypeptide-associated complex (NAC) activity in ribosomes enhances adriamycin toxicity in budding yeast. J Toxicol Sci. 2009;34:703-8 pubmed..This revealed that adriamycin toxicity was enhanced byloss of the Egd1 or Egd2 subunits of the nascent polypeptide-associated complex(NAC)...
- Zhang Y, Berndt U, Gölz H, Tais A, Oellerer S, Wölfle T, et al. NAC functions as a modulator of SRP during the early steps of protein targeting to the endoplasmic reticulum. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3027-40 pubmed publisher..The combined data indicate a functional interplay between NAC and SRP on ER-targeted RNCs, which is based on the ability of the two complexes to bind simultaneously to distinct segments of a single nascent chain. ..