Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EFT2
Description: elongation factor 2
Alias: elongation factor 2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Dzialo M, Travaglini K, Shen S, Roy K, Chanfreau G, Loo J, et al. Translational roles of elongation factor 2 protein lysine methylation. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30511-24 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae, the product of the EFM3/YJR129C gene is responsible for the trimethylation of lysine 509 on elongation factor 2. Deletion of EFM3 or of the previously described EFM2 increases sensitivity to antibiotics that target ..
- Davydova E, Ho A, Malecki J, Moen A, Enserink J, Jakobsson M, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel evolutionarily conserved lysine-specific methyltransferase targeting eukaryotic translation elongation factor 2 (eEF2). J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30499-510 pubmed publisher..family of protein MTases, and we here show that FAM86A catalyzes the trimethylation of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 (eEF2) on Lys-525...
- Starita L, Lo R, Eng J, von Haller P, Fields S. Sites of ubiquitin attachment in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proteomics. 2012;12:236-40 pubmed publisher..However, such peptides with GG shifts have been difficult to discover. We identify 870 unique sites of ubiquitin attachment on 438 different proteins of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Ziv I, Matiuhin Y, Kirkpatrick D, Erpapazoglou Z, Leon S, Pantazopoulou M, et al. A perturbed ubiquitin landscape distinguishes between ubiquitin in trafficking and in proteolysis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M111.009753 pubmed publisher..We conclude that despite the shared use of the ubiquitin molecule, the two branches of the ubiquitin machinery--the ubiquitin-proteasome system and the ubiquitin trafficking system--were unevenly perturbed by expression of K0 ubiquitin. ..
- Gregio A, Cano V, Avaca J, Valentini S, Zanelli C. eIF5A has a function in the elongation step of translation in yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:785-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results not only reinforce a role for eIF5A in translation but also strongly support a function for eIF5A in the elongation step of protein synthesis. ..
- Perentesis J, Phan L, Gleason W, LaPorte D, Livingston D, Bodley J. Saccharomyces cerevisiae elongation factor 2. Genetic cloning, characterization of expression, and G-domain modeling. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:1190-7 pubmedThe elongation factor 2 (EF-2) genes of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae have been cloned and characterized with the ultimate goal of gaining a better understanding of the mechanism and control of protein synthesis...
- Luz J, Georg R, Gomes C, Machado Santelli G, Oliveira C. Sdo1p, the yeast orthologue of Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome protein, binds RNA and interacts with nuclear rRNA-processing factors. Yeast. 2009;26:287-98 pubmed publisher..Sdo1p binds RNA directly, suggesting that it may associate with the ribosomal subunits also through RNA interaction. ..
- Dias C, Garcia W, Zanelli C, Valentini S. eIF5A dimerizes not only in vitro but also in vivo and its molecular envelope is similar to the EF-P monomer. Amino Acids. 2013;44:631-44 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the molecular envelope determined from the SAXS data shows that the eIF5A dimer is L-shaped and superimposable on the tRNA(Phe) tertiary structure, analogously to the EF-P monomer. ..
- Gómez Lorenzo M, Spahn C, Agrawal R, Grassucci R, Penczek P, Chakraburtty K, et al. Three-dimensional cryo-electron microscopy localization of EF2 in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae 80S ribosome at 17.5 A resolution. EMBO J. 2000;19:2710-8 pubmed..The shape and position of domain IV of EF2 suggest that it might interact directly with P-site-bound tRNA. ..
- Bailleul P, Newnam G, Steenbergen J, Chernoff Y. Genetic study of interactions between the cytoskeletal assembly protein sla1 and prion-forming domain of the release factor Sup35 (eRF3) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1999;153:81-94 pubmed..We hypothesize that Sup35N is involved in regulatory interactions with intracellular structural networks, and [PSI] prion may be formed as a by-product of this process. ..
- Kamber R, Shoemaker C, Denic V. Receptor-Bound Targets of Selective Autophagy Use a Scaffold Protein to Activate the Atg1 Kinase. Mol Cell. 2015;59:372-81 pubmed publisher..This regulatory logic is a key similarity between selective autophagy and bulk autophagy, which is initiated by a distinct Atg1 activation mechanism during starvation. ..