Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EBP2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Okano A, Wan K, Kanda K, Yabuki Y, Funato K, Mizuta K. SMY2 and SYH1 suppress defects in ribosome biogenesis caused by ebp2 mutations. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2015;79:1481-3 pubmed publisherb>Ebp2 is an assembly factor of the 60S ribosomal subunit in yeast...
- Talkish J, Zhang J, Jakovljevic J, Horsey E, Woolford J. Hierarchical recruitment into nascent ribosomes of assembly factors required for 27SB pre-rRNA processing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8646-61 pubmed..Inhibition of TOR kinase decreases association of Rpf2, Spb4, Nog1 and Nog2 with pre-ribosomes. ..
- Gerus M, Bonnart C, Caizergues Ferrer M, Henry Y, Henras A. Evolutionarily conserved function of RRP36 in early cleavages of the pre-rRNA and production of the 40S ribosomal subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1130-44 pubmed publisher..In parallel, we studied the human orthologue of Rrp36p in HeLa cells, and we show that the function of this protein in early cleavages of the pre-rRNA has been conserved through evolution in eukaryotes. ..
- Wan K, Kawara H, Yamamoto T, Kume K, Yabuki Y, Goshima T, et al. The essential function of Rrs1 in ribosome biogenesis is conserved in budding and fission yeasts. Yeast. 2015;32:607-14 pubmed publisher..Yeast two-hybrid analyses revealed that the interactions of Rrs1 with the Rfp2 and Ebp2 proteins were conserved in budding and fission yeasts...
- Ionescu C, Origanti S, McAlear M. The yeast rRNA biosynthesis factor Ebp2p is also required for efficient nuclear division. Yeast. 2004;21:1219-32 pubmed..The finding that yeast Ebp2p functions in nuclear division is consistent with the growing body of evidence that supports the role that human ..
- Wan K, Yabuki Y, Mizuta K. Roles of Ebp2 and ribosomal protein L36 in ribosome biogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2015;61:31-41 pubmed publisherb>Ebp2 plays an essential role in biogenesis of 60S ribosomal subunits. We determined the genetic interactions between EBP2 and RPL36A/B, which encodes ribosomal protein L36a/b...
- Dembowski J, Ramesh M, McManus C, Woolford J. Identification of the binding site of Rlp7 on assembling 60S ribosomal subunits in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2013;19:1639-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that Rlp7 coevolved with these RNA elements to facilitate eukaryotic-specific functions in ribosome assembly and pre-rRNA processing. ..
- Shirai C, Mizuta K. SUMO mediates interaction of Ebp2p, the yeast homolog of Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 1-binding protein 2, with a RING finger protein Ris1p. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1881-6 pubmedb>Ebp2p is essential for the assembly of 60S ribosomal subunits, and it interacts with other ribosome assembly factors in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Yamada H, Horigome C, Okada T, Shirai C, Mizuta K. Yeast Rrp14p is a nucleolar protein involved in both ribosome biogenesis and cell polarity. RNA. 2007;13:1977-87 pubmedWe previously cloned RRP14/YKL082c, whose product exhibits two-hybrid interaction with Ebp2p, a regulatory factor of assembly of 60S ribosomal subunits...
- Fuentes J, Datta K, Sullivan S, Walker A, Maddock J. In vivo functional characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae 60S biogenesis GTPase Nog1. Mol Genet Genomics. 2007;278:105-23 pubmed..Several conserved charge-to-alanine substitutions outside the GTPase domain display modest growth phenotypes indicating that these residues are not critical for function. ..
- Wan K, Tsuchihashi K, Kanda K, Shimoji K, Mizuta K. N?-acetyltransferase NatA is involved in ribosome synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:631-8 pubmedb>Ebp2 has an essential role in the biogenesis of 60S ribosomal subunits. Synthetic-sick alleles with the ebp2-14 mutation were screened...
- Pratte D, Singh U, Murat G, Kressler D. Mak5 and Ebp2 act together on early pre-60S particles and their reduced functionality bypasses the requirement for the essential pre-60S factor Nsa1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82741 pubmed publisher..and synthetic lethal screens with mak5 alleles identified the r-protein Rpl14 and the 60S biogenesis factors Ebp2, Nop16 and Rpf1, which are genetically linked amongst each other...
- Miyoshi K, Tsujii R, Yoshida H, Maki Y, Wada A, Matsui Y, et al. Normal assembly of 60 S ribosomal subunits is required for the signaling in response to a secretory defect in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18334-9 pubmed..These results suggest that signaling in response to a secretory defect requires the normal assembly of 60 S ribosomal subunits including Rrs1p and Rpl11p. ..